ADVERTISEMENT

Serra needs a QB

Last year, I believe LT went D1. No one else, they do have a RT with offers this year but didn't start last year. Is that misinformation?
This year: Fehoko, Akpa, and Shamieh. In recent years off the top of my head: Holthaus, Drew Azzopardi, Nate Azzopardi, Ryan Silver, Nate Elu, Tiger Yu. Nio Mafi started a few games for the Patriots last year.

I regret using the term misinformation, as I agree with your overall premise. Last year’s State game, they were clearly overmatched on the line — certainly with you on that point. Their first year in the Open, I think they actually did ok on the line with Azzo and Elu, but had no playmakers who could get loose with Mahasin out.

Last edited:
Three in the NFL since Walsh took over.

How do we associate a high school coach with a player who makes it to the NFL?

I was talking to a guy at work today who is from the Palo Alto area. He was telling me that the current Riordan Head Coach had a few guys who are in the NFL who were actually on the same team. I looked them up and he is correct. The players names are Troy Franklin (Denver Broncos), Mekhi Blackmon (Minnesota Vikings). There were a few other players on that same team that are headed in the same direction; Jalen Moss (Fresno State), and Jeremiah Earby (CAL & Boise State). Blackmon even has a cousin that plays in the nfl for the Dallas Cowboys (Nashon Wright) who didn't play for the same high school team. These players were not just on the same high school team they are all also from the same city too, East Palo Alto. This is the same small city where Davante Adams is from.

Something tells me the recruiting is just as effective as the development at some of these schools. So here's what I am asking; Are high school coaches developing these kids into NFL level talents or are the high school coaches recruiting these dynamic young athletes? If they are recruiting them, where and how do you recruit a 14 or 15 year old kid from? I keep hearing about Next Level but I don't think the Riordan coach is a part of that.

Isn’t he the starter at Bishop Monague in Reno now ?
It seems alot of narratives regarding the Mann QB , if you would stop and fact check as I did this evening for you. Mann ( current 3 star QB / 247/Rivals with 3 D1 offers with power 4) was splitting reps with the jr QB ( currently with no D1 offers NO STARS ) . The minute Mann steps out out SI he lights up the recruiters newline. Watch his pop warner, freshman tape his sophomore tape it's all consistent with a D1 built QB as a true freshman. It's clear if any knowledge of football this kid must of been subjected to politics of the adult coaches and possibly even the Administration fkery. As I say if you know anything about football this guy is a dude. And just because a kid doesn't stand and March to the coaches self-interest agenda , It demonstrates the kids creating his own process . Stop and check the facts before you assume what any kid in football or any other sports journey is like. ADULTS ARE SREWING UP THIS THING FOR THE KIDS. Just saying it ain't that serious let the kids play their games and adults set back and let them enjoy the ride.

Last edited:
It seems alot of narratives regarding the Mann QB , if you would stop and fact check as I did this evening for you. Mann ( current 3 star QB / 247/Rivals with 3 D1 offers with power 4) was splitting reps with the jr QB ( currently with no D1 offers NO STARS ) . The minute Mann steps out out SI he lights up the recruiters newline. Watch his pop warner, freshman tape his sophomore tape it's all consistent with a D1 built QB as a true freshman. It's clear if any knowledge of football this kid must of been subjected to politics of the adult coaches and possibly even the Administration fkery. As I say if you know anything about football this guy is a dude. And just because a kid doesn't stand and March to the coaches self-interest agenda , It demonstrates the kids creating his own process . Stop and check the facts before you assume what any kid in football or any other sports journey is like. ADULTS ARE SREWING UP THIS THING FOR THE KIDS. Just saying it ain't that serious let the kids play their games and adults set back and let them enjoy the ride.

How do you watch Pop Warner tape on a kid? Is this a real thing or are you talking hypothetically?

Reactions: kendawg21

This is pretty cool! I had no idea Pop Warner keeps stats and puts out highlight films of the youth players. You think this is what high school coaches are using to scout these elementary and jr high school players? Are high school coaches involved in youth football the way baseball coaches are involved in youth travel and club baseball?

Why don't we see more youth football highlight videos like that on this board? We need a up and coming thread.

Reactions: STRAIGHTFOOTBALL
This is pretty cool! I had no idea Pop Warner keeps stats and puts out highlight films of the youth players. You think this is what high school coaches are using to scout these elementary and jr high school players? Are high school coaches involved in youth football the way baseball coaches are involved in youth travel and club baseball?

Why don't we see more youth football highlight videos like that on this board? We need a up and coming thread.
It Definitely doesn't hurt the athletic to have tape etc. I believe they use YouTube as I don't believe hudl is available to youth football players .

As you shouldn’t. SH isn’t beating em,
A lot of teams won't beat Serra. Are you going to put those teams down too, fubo clown?

Chewed It: "If their fan bases come in talking about “I ain’t worried ‘bout Serra” ...

It's called "free speech". Deal with it.

Another one...
Frustrated Here We Go GIF by Sesame Street

Last edited:
A lot of teams won't beat Serra. Are you going to put those teams down too?
I would describe last year's winless SH team as playing a schedule above their paygrade. It was definitely a measuring stick of how far a program has to go to be considered championship caliber every year. SH, my hunch is this season will be alot more competitive. If that means 3 wins.. fine... if it means 1 win... fine. But the losses will not be lopsided. Sargent is accurate, pocket aware, and makes the right throws. Flanigan is so versatile and is a home run hitter every time he touches the ball. They have a lot more skilled guys on both sides of the ball this year. They will put up a lot of points/rack up alot of yards this year on offense but the key will be did they plug up those defensive liabilities from last year.

i have at best SH going 5-5 overall (3-4 in league). At worst 2-8 (1-7 in league).

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
I would describe last year's winless SH team as playing a schedule above their paygrade. It was definitely a measuring stick of how far a program has to go to be considered championship caliber every year. SH, my hunch is this season will be alot more competitive. If that means 3 wins.. fine... if it means 1 win... fine. But the losses will not be lopsided. Sargent is accurate, pocket aware, and makes the right throws. Flanigan is so versatile and is a home run hitter every time he touches the ball. They have a lot more skilled guys on both sides of the ball this year. They will put up a lot of points/rack up alot of yards this year on offense but the key will be did they plug up those defensive liabilities from last year.

i have at best SH going 5-5 overall (3-4 in league). At worst 2-8 (1-7 in league).
Sargent is a Legit QB , SH is what it is . Best way to label them is a team thats building .

Reactions: Irish_Cheers

Serra has lost alot of athletes that would of carried the 2026 and 2025 thru few more WCAL CHAMPIONSHIPs . JS coaching level is the better of WCAL . Outside of that we have seen repeatedly So Cal games clearly OUT COACHED not sure why JS Walsh subjects the players to his WCAL schemes year after year. I guess it most be the little man complex , the OC is another WCAL level guy . He should focus less on his swag and more on creating a O scheme that would provide a better chance of execution in SO Cal games. But coaches thru their players under the bus on TV " SO Cal players are all D1 athletes ". Hell his QB at the time had more D1 offers then both So Cal QBs and still shit the bed .

Last edited:
Reactions: ChewpaMiverga
Serra has lost alot of athletes that would of carried the 2026 and 2025 thru few more WCAL CHAMPIONSHIPs . JS coaching level is the better of WCAL . Outside of that we have seen repeatedly So Cal games clearly OUT COACHED not sure why JS Walsh subjects the players to his WCAL schemes year after year. I guess it most be the little man complex , the OC is another WCAL level guy . He should focus less on his swag and more on creating a O scheme that would provide a better chance of execution in SO Cal games. But coaches thru their players under the bus on TV " SO Cal players are all D1 athletes ". Hell his QB at the time had more D1 offers then both So Cal QBs and still shit the bed .
Kyle Shanahan himself could not have coached Serra to victory over MD.

Kyle Shanahan himself could not have coached Serra to victory over MD.

Uhhh…yes he could have.

We literally have a thread about Serra being in crisis mode over not having a QB. Kyle took Jimmy Garoppolo to the Super Bowl and would have won it if it weren’t for Emmanuel Moseley blowing an assignment badly.

Another genius to hit the ignore button on.

Which 2-3 teams do you see SHC beating in league?

Which 2-3 teams do you see SHC beating in league?
Bellarmine and Mitty. 3rd possible win either VC or SI and they would have to play a perfect game for that one. Or in 1 win scenario, their best chance would be vs Bellarmine. Most if not all the games will be competitive (no blowouts, games down by 4 scores at halftime, or running clock games). ... This is predicated that the defense is not soft AF like they were last year.

Unless a surprise entrant comes forward on West 20th Avenue, the new Serra starting QB, after four promising players at that position transferred out (one was expelled) over the last two years, appears to be a lacrosse athlete with only minimal football experience, Andrew Heneghan. This could well be Walsh's second biggest challenge since he arrived on the San Mateo campus in 2001 and took over a so-so program mired in faceless mediocrity (even with two varsity seasons of Tom Brady at QB in the mid-1990s). The 2024 Serra season will not be boring.

Unless a surprise entrant comes forward on West 20th Avenue, the new Serra starting QB, after four promising players at that position transferred out (one was expelled) over the last two years, appears to be a lacrosse athlete with only minimal football experience, Andrew Heneghan. This could well be Walsh's second biggest challenge since he arrived on the San Mateo campus in 2001 and took over a so-so program mired in faceless mediocrity (even with two varsity seasons of Tom Brady at QB in the mid-1990s). The 2024 Serra season will not be boring.
Expelled?

Reactions: MadDawgSS
Who was the QB on the undefeated Serra freshman team? he can't challenge the Lacrosse player for QB1?

As long as he is a decent athlete, I am sure coach Walsh will get him ready to go. He got listed as a QB to watch in the CCS in that si article posted about a month ago. I wonder if they have an incoming freshman they feel good about.

Last year's JV starting QB who was a freshman also looks good on video, though I guess everyone does.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT