ADVERTISEMENT

Serra's Wilson

May not for a while that's funny I hope people are not selling this this young man that he is
The next best thing since sliced bread.His skill set offensively is very limited
At this point. Hope he finds the right school that he can grow and develop and not get
buried or recruited over.We saw what happened with marcus Lee choosing the right
fit can be a little more difficult when you are 7 feet and you hear a lot of lies being
told to you.

I wish the young man well! I agree with bones40, I saw him play a few WCAL games and for being the biggest kid on the court, he was almost non existent. You can't teach height but he has a long way to go.

He is only a junior in high school. His better years are to come. He as over 20 plus offers from D1 schools, so those coaches must see something in the kid besides the fact that he is tall. I saw him play over the summer and he looks much improved offensively. He looks slimmer and is comfortable shooting with both hands. I think he will have a very good year. Serra has to figure out a way to get him the ball, because that is something they struggled with over the summer-

He is only a junior in high school. His better years are to come. He as over 20 plus offers from D1 schools, so those coaches must see something in the kid besides the fact that he is tall. I saw him play over the summer and he looks much improved offensively. He looks slimmer and is comfortable shooting with both hands. I think he will have a very good year. Serra has to figure out a way to get him the ball, because that is something they struggled with over the summer-

Great to hear if he's slimmed down and/or gotten into better shape as he looked a bit slow last year. I remember watching him play CYO with OLP and he was moving better as a younger player. Given that Serra graduated most of the core players other than Wilson and James - I see them playing prominent roles the next two years.

He's on the Dick Vitale all airport team. Looks good coming off the plane. Tall and big. When the ball gets rolled out no so much. I've seen him a couple times and sure he has D1 offers. Any 7 footer who can walk and chew gum does. But like others say he's a non factor during game time. Hope he gets just 1 move and they feed him the ball. Keep it high and drop step all day. Hard to teach 7 foot.

Reactions: OneDNA
Good to see Wilson getting some D1 offers. I hate to say it, but he looks to be another Ron Reis. Big body/torso, not really long arms/legs and was outjumped against Riordan's 6-4 Jason Smith the past two seasons. Ron Reis was more of an impact player on his team at the same point in his HS career compared to Wilson.
I agree, he needs to develop one specific skill (space-eater, garbage player, go-to post move, etc.).

Ron Reis!! bahhahahhahaa. The Santa Clara Bronco superstar. Didn't he try a career in WWF? 7'1 with 6'7 wing span. Just what the recruiters are looking for.

Literally only seen this kid play once, but came away impressed. Fully expect to see this lot of you on here eating their words within the next couple years...

I think Wilson's got promise also. As of last season it's just potential, but he could be a good one if his athleticism picks up.

And... Ron Reis... I saw him play once for Monta VIsta... Somewhat faster and more active but very little skill at all. In other words, he pretty much sucked but at least he tried hard.

No comparison to Wilson at all other than they are both extra-large and white.

If you are 7 feet and have not yet started your junior year, you will be recruited even if your skills need work. I have not seen Mr. Wilson play enough to offer any assessment, but many big men develop their skills later and teams are often willing to take a chance on such a kid. I follow Georgetown and they recently did it with a kid named Bradley Hayes, who started most of last year as a junior, until he was injured, and will likely start again at the post this year over a highly recruited sophomore (Jessie Govan). He is not an all Big East player, but he is a very serviceable Big East post player who had very little to offer when he first showed up on the Georgetown campus.

My only point was that he needs to pick the right fit for him where the coaching staff has stability
in terms of job security and will allow him the time to get better and develop.A redshirt year
would probably be a major positive in terms of getting a year of practice with college bodies
banging on him everyday.I wish the Best To Jack and as I always say Anytime Someone
is Paying For College congrats to him and his family.

The kid has yet to play his junior and senior years of high school, why are you calling for a redshirt year in college??? LOL

Didn't call for it twitter I said it would be a positive move to help the young man most
freshmen are not elite level ready to contribute right away.My opinion is that he is
More then likely not going against the caliber of competition now that he would
face at the division 1 level. You guys can keep saying he is ONLY a junior all you want
that's the worst thing you can keep telling him.In terms of his recruiting process his 2018
Class is up to bat most schools are done or wrapping up there 2017 recruits. He would
not be the first or last freshmen that needed a redshirt year to get better.

Last edited:
My only point was that he needs to pick the right fit for him where the coaching staff has stability
in terms of job security and will allow him the time to get better and develop.A redshirt year
would probably be a major positive in terms of getting a year of practice with college bodies
banging on him everyday.I wish the Best To Jack and as I always say Anytime Someone
is Paying For College congrats to him and his family.
Absolutely agree - A free ride in college is always a good thing! Wish the best for this player - he's in good hands with one of the best coaches in the Area in Coach Rapp.

According to the Oregonian it looks like Wilson verbally committed to Oregon state this weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT