ADVERTISEMENT

SHC 2017 Baseball Schedule

Irish start off the season with an 18-0 win over Saratoga in 6 innings.

SHC also beat Lincoln (SF) 19-1 in 5 innings.

Last edited:
I don't really understand their scheduling -they have been touting this group for the last couple of years and when they finally have some Varsity experience the schedule has 3 AAA teams (not even Lowell or Washington) 2 PAL teams (none of the CCS ones) and some San Jose teams (not Wilcox).
I guess Jefferson didn't want a rematch.
Strength of non league schedule -150

I don't really understand their scheduling -they have been touting this group for the last couple of years and when they finally have some Varsity experience the schedule has 3 AAA teams (not even Lowell or Washington) 2 PAL teams (none of the CCS ones) and some San Jose teams (not Wilcox).
I guess Jefferson didn't want a rematch.
Strength of non league schedule -150

Hey Shopkeeper, @ least they dont have Highlands Christian or Alma Heights on their schedule or a homecoming game for their So City recruits with El Camino or So City LOL I think they are going the route of their football team when Peralta came aboard and trying to become king of the AAA. Pathetic.

Hey Shopkeeper, @ least they dont have Highlands Christian or Alma Heights on their schedule or a homecoming game for their So City recruits with El Camino or So City LOL I think they are going the route of their football team when Peralta came aboard and trying to become king of the AAA. Pathetic.
I understand Shopkeepers perspective, but I would think Riordan would want to stay out of this conversation for the time being. It's a shame with a field right outside their back door that the Crusaders havent been competitive since mid 70's. Bring back Ron Rosa and the Riordan Wrecking Crew! Just say'in.

I remember the 70s when from 1970 to 1980, a city team represented at least one half of the championship game for 8 of 10 years with Sacred Heart being the last one to win an outright WCAL baseball title (not round robin) in 1978. Allow me to repeat that -1978! This SHC group over the next two years is the City's best hope to "play in a title game" since the S.I. teams of 2012-13. I imagine throwing in a few AAA teams (they are a City school, after all) allows the Irish to get extra at bats in and give playing time to kids who otherwise may not see the field during WCAL play. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Irish_Cheers
I understand Shopkeepers perspective, but I would think Riordan would want to stay out of this conversation for the time being. It's a shame with a field right outside their back door that the Crusaders havent been competitive since mid 70's. Bring back Ron Rosa and the Riordan Wrecking Crew! Just say'in.
Riordan is awful and I'm not afraid to admit that. The school seemed to be trending up when my son applied there almost 6 years ago, but now under the chaos of a new regime and inexperienced coaching staff it is trending down again, and thats not just in baseball. I've got 2 more in the pipeline, but a lot of things would need to happen for this program to be trending up again.

Reactions: CityVibesII
AMEN-although Riordan did finish 3rd in 1989 before a Billy Owens led Bellarmine team beat them in extra innings in the semis.
And I'm sure there have been some other strong squads in the last 35 years-35 years!!!- without a title. I actually think the Petrini era SH teams may have a slight edge on this one- hard to tell by the combined 38-1 "contests". And those SI teams a few years back were loaded-if they couldn't get a title with those power arms and D1 guys it may stretch to over 50 years for the 415.
Formula for all 3 City school is the same as always- try to sweep the other City schools for 4 wins- upset one or two of the South schools (3 out of 10 possible wins) for 7 league wins. That would make for a nice year- not playing teams you are clearly better then putting crooked numbers on.
Good luck to all 3 415 teams this year- just to keep it interesting should we put a number on how many 415 wins versus the 650/408?? Whats the total DNA?

Irish beat Galileo 11-1. SHC plays at Lynbrook on Friday, March 3rd and then powerhouse Mission on Saturday at 2:00pm at Westborough Park.

I don't really understand their scheduling
I have no dog in the fight or any knowledge of this specific team's schedule or history, but I'd like to say that there are many factors that go into scheduling. The most basic is that it takes two to tango. I've had agreements with other coaches over the years to play, but we were unable to hook up because of schedule conflicts, transportation issues, school events...any number of things.

I guess my point is - and again, I have no idea, but - they may be willing but unable.

Irish beat Galileo 11-1. SHC plays at Lynbrook on Friday, March 3rd and then powerhouse Mission on Saturday at 2:00pm at Westborough Park.
After including powerhouse in describing Mission, you should have also said at the beautiful Westborough Park with its sweeping Bay views and walking concourse surrounding the field from foul pole to foul pole to able able to leisurely view the game. LOL

After including powerhouse in describing Mission, you should have also said at the beautiful Westborough Park with its sweeping Bay views and walking concourse surrounding the field from foul pole to foul pole to able able to leisurely view the game. LOL

Don't remind me of the ball park fiasco... SHC is still playing some league home games at USF. They had their chance at the Presidio. There is supposedly going to be improvements at Westborough but I don't know what yet.

The City could refurbish Crocker if it wanted to. If they could do it for soccer fields, they could do it for baseball.

Last edited:
Riordan is awful and I'm not afraid to admit that. The school seemed to be trending up when my son applied there almost 6 years ago, but now under the chaos of a new regime and inexperienced coaching staff it is trending down again, and thats not just in baseball. I've got 2 more in the pipeline, but a lot of things would need to happen for this program to be trending up again.

Consider SHC or SI for your next two...

Irish beat Mission 11-1 in 6 innings. Irish only had 4 hits but Mission issued 11 walks and hit 3 batters.

Consider SHC or SI for your next two...
Oldest shadowed at SI and as I walked their halls I cringed at the thought of him going there. Lol

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
The baseball game between SHC and Burlingame is tonight at 7pm at Washington Park. The school's site had yesterday's date listed. They tweeted the correction.

Varsity baseball beat Burlingame 2-1, JV baseball beat Burlingame 5-0, Freshmen baseball beat Sequoia 3-0.

Irish beat Stuart Hall 11- 3. Irish are 8-0. Next game is at Bellarmine at 4:00 on Tuesday, March 14th.

Last edited:
SHC was upset by Bellarmine 3-1. VC next.

Game vs. SI will be at USF at 11:00 on Saturday. USF game afterwards.

SHC was upset by Bellarmine 3-1. VC next.

Game vs. SI will be at USF at 11:00 on Saturday. USF game afterwards.
Wouldnt call it an upset. Bellarmines only loss is to No. 1 DeLaSalle. SHC can easily be 0-2 going into the SHC/SI game. Being that said, they are still a very good team.

Wouldnt call it an upset. Bellarmines only loss is to No. 1 DeLaSalle. SHC can easily be 0-2 going into the SHC/SI game. Being that said, they are still a very good team.
I know. I should have put quotes around "upsets". VC is a top team and tied Mitty 7-7 after 9 innings. Should be standing-room-only at USF on Saturday.

I know. I should have put quotes around "upsets". VC is a top team and tied Mitty 7-7 after 9 innings. Should be standing-room-only at USF on Saturday.
Why is it at USF and not AT&T? I get more intimate, but a chance for those kids to play at AT&T is special for those kids....

Why is it at USF and not AT&T? I get more intimate, but a chance for those kids to play at AT&T is special for those kids....
The story I got is that the AT&T field isn't ready. I'd still rather see a game there since I can make a day of it and take a ferry there. USF doesn't have a lot of seating. I can only imagine what they'd do if the B-M Trophy was on the line.

The story I got is that the AT&T field isn't ready. I'd still rather see a game there since I can make a day of it and take a ferry there. USF doesn't have a lot of seating. I can only imagine what they'd do if the B-M Trophy was on the line.
Well, having been to the new diamond, I guess its better than the cozy confines of Westborough Park :cool:

You can always catch the Dons vs. Loyola at 3pm after the first game.

I'll take USF any day. There are a couple of home game to be played at SFSU.

Last edited:
@Irish Cheers: Question regarding SHC vs. the AAA schools...are they locked into that schedule? I'm assuming those are long-standing match ups, but I can't imagine either side gets much out of it.

@Irish Cheers: Question regarding SHC vs. the AAA schools...are they locked into that schedule? I'm assuming those are long-standing match ups, but I can't imagine either side gets much out of it.

They did run a tournament for a while with only City teams but I don't now why they schedule so many now. If they scheduled two of their top teams and then some stronger teams elsewhere, it would make more sense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT