ADVERTISEMENT

Sheldon reaches BattleZONE finals

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Sheldon beat Centennial-Corona 74-67 in the semi-finals on Friday. They will face Santa Clarita Christian in the finals after SCC beat Rancho Christian in the other semi-final.

Reactions: coachlittle
Not sure is anybody in the north can beat Sheldon this year when they bring tbere “A” game. Maybe DLS ? Never heard of SCC. Some of these schools just pop up after getting a few transfers every year. But obviously they are good after beating rancho Christian.

Sucks, I was really hoping to see Sheldon take on Rancho Christian in the finals.

Not sure is anybody in the north can beat Sheldon this year when they bring tbere “A” game. Maybe DLS ? Never heard of SCC. Some of these schools just pop up after getting a few transfers every year. But obviously they are good after beating rancho Christian.

yeah tiny little SCC just happens to have 11 players + that are 6’3 or taller hahaha these hoops factories are something else

It’s super early in season but on paper I think this is clearly Sheldon’s best team ever. Bagley is the best player in school history (yes he’s better than Demarcus) and they are super deep and huge. You have at least 8 guys who can play high d2 or better in college. They are as talented as anyone in SoCal this year.

Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
It’s super early in season but on paper I think this is clearly Sheldon’s best team ever. Bagley is the best player in school history (yes he’s better than Demarcus) and they are super deep and huge. You have at least 8 guys who can play high d2 or better in college. They are as talented as anyone in SoCal this year.
Please do some research, lets wait before we say best team ever. They only have 1 player who has signed with a college so far.Also, you have to play a whole season before you are the best player ever at a school.

I think Demarcus was a better HS player because he was so physically gifted at 6”3. He played much bigger and correct me if I’m wrong but I believe he is NorCal all time scoring leader? And he wasn’t a great shooter. Bagley has opportunity to be better at next level because of his size and versatility , but Demarcus had some very good years at Duke. Nelson was a heck of a player but I’ve always affiliated him with Vallejo HS.

Sheldon will really have to play a bad game to lose to anybody in NorCal. Sometimes it’s better to have a couple d1 guys surrounded by d2 and jc players. Kids know there roles.

Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
I think Demarcus was a better HS player because he was so physically gifted at 6”3. He played much bigger and correct me if I’m wrong but I believe he is NorCal all time scoring leader? And he wasn’t a great shooter. Bagley has opportunity to be better at next level because of his size and versatility , but Demarcus had some very good years at Duke. Nelson was a heck of a player but I’ve always affiliated him with Vallejo HS.

Sheldon will really have to play a bad game to lose to anybody in NorCal. Sometimes it’s better to have a couple d1 guys surrounded by d2 and jc players. Kids know there roles.

Demarcus was great not taking anything away from him. I think bagley size and ability to shoot from the perimeter makes him extremely versatile and tough to defend. And teams can’t really double him cause they have 4 other studs out there with him.

Please do some research, lets wait before we say best team ever. They only have 1 player who has signed with a college so far.Also, you have to play a whole season before you are the best player ever at a school.
you cant research what hasnt happened yet. that is why he said on paper.

Reactions: NorCalHSFan
Thats the problem we shouldnt be making blanket statements or saying what ifs or whats on paper. When these kids start hearing this stuff their heads become big and start reading the press clippings. I have seen the last 12 Sheldon teams up close and personal and this years team is good but the jury is still out on best ever.

Thats the problem we shouldnt be making blanket statements or saying what ifs or whats on paper. When these kids start hearing this stuff their heads become big and start reading the press clippings. I have seen the last 12 Sheldon teams up close and personal and this years team is good but the jury is still out on best ever.
i am more than certain these players like every kid now a days been reading about theirselves and on instagram flexin since middle school.

i am more than certain these players like every kid now a days been reading about theirselves and on instagram flexin since middle school.
Just came out of LA was going to go to the IE and check out the big game but it didnt materialize. I've seen SC twice, dont be surprised if they dont make it out of socal this year. Etiwanda, Mater Dei are up for the challenge. Sheldon will face zone defense all year up north. Someone will pray for a off shooting night. I'm going with Sheldon to win the Open State Title this year. Just dont think it will be against Sierra Canyon. 3rd time is a charm.

So overhyped. Bronny gets a one handed stretch dunk and it gets blown up on instagram. Agree they will not be the team to beat in SoCal this year.

Zyaire William's will improve that SC team dramatically when he is eligible.
The cream of the crop is definitely :
Sierra Canyon
Sheldon
Mater Dei
Etiwanda

Until other teams step up and prove differently. Games have begun so let's see how it plays out.

sierra canyon will run anyone out the gym up north. Not many if any 6'1 freshman up north are catching that oop that Bronny caught.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT