ADVERTISEMENT

Shocking score tonight at Serra

Wow! What a drop off in last two years. Seems odd that Burlingame cannot field a competitive team.

Padres played some defense but did not shoot well and their 6-9 junior transfer from Woodside Priory not eligible to play until January.

Burlingame's MaxPreps roster lists just one player at 6'3" or taller....Serra goes: 6'9", 6'9", 6'6", 6'7", 6'3". 6'4". 6'4", 6'5". 6'4", 6'3"...The human element was not in favor of the Panthers. That's 10 guys at 6'3" or taller, and only 5 spots on the floor- the WCAL continues to play a different game than the rest of us.

Burlingame's MaxPreps roster lists just one player at 6'3" or taller....Serra goes: 6'9", 6'9", 6'6", 6'7", 6'3". 6'4". 6'4", 6'5". 6'4", 6'3"...The human element was not in favor of the Panthers. That's 10 guys at 6'3" or taller, and only 5 spots on the floor- the WCAL continues to play a different game than the rest of us.

That's why I was asking if the coach was overwhelmed. Did he put his team in a position to have some success? Play zone instead of man? Put more shooters in the game instead of slashers? Draw up some quick hitting plays for open 3's, back doors, etc? Cause if you try to play man and run your traditional offense (which i've seen the last three 3 years from BHS is pass and cut, drive and kick, pass pass pass and best player gets the ball the goes ISO for a 3 pointer) against that size and length....you get 2 pts in a half. Not saying anything else would have been successful, but 2 points in a half? Coach has to be some what held accountable also.

Coaching had nothing to do w/ it... Steve Kerr could not have helped BHS. They were over-matched at every position.

This was not good for anybody - both sides need to protect their kids better. BHS go play your rival up the hill (Crystal Springs-Uplands) you could make a couple 3's' vs. them plus you can get more campers for your summer camp!

I'm not saying the players weren't overmatched. I'm sure Steve Kerr would have drawn up a few quick hitters to get them more than 2 points in a half. I agree with oldblueyes...better scheduling would be ideal. Didn't BHS scrimmage them at the start of the season also?

I believe this is a yearly game, or at least it has been of late. Looks like the cupboard is bare of Ferrari's and Lunardi players

So far this season, BHS has often had three or four frosh on the floor together. When was the last time that happened?

I’m not sure how many or if any kids play both sports but let’s not forget Burlingame football played till the last game possible and just won a CCS title those kids aren’t up to speed yet, that transfer from football to basketball takes 4-6 weeks. I’m not saying Burlingame would have won by any means they probably still would have gotten pounded but may have at least scored a bit more....

Last edited:
who do you guys think are the top 4 teams in the PAL South this year? Mills havent played any PAL teams yet so havent seen the competition. Heard MA is much improved, big and athletic. Seq lost a lot with Ziggy and Miles. Sounds like BHS will have another down year. Saw Cap play Jefferson last week and they were awful. Mills returns 3 starters buts lacks size. Woodside, Carlmont, Aragon, Hillsdale??

The best team is MA hands down... They will win the PAL playoffs

After that not in any particular order
Carlmont
Aragon
Hillsdale
That I have seen
I have not seen Mills at all so I cannot comment one way or another

However only one of those teams will play in PAL playoffs as they have shortened down the playoffs to top two from North and South in order to fit them in with the CCS schedule

I could be wrong but I believe that starts this year

Reactions: Jaw Knee
Mills will be competitive and in the race IF they can rebound. Their 3 returning starters can all score in various way. That zone will always keep them in the game. And yup...only top 2 teams from N & S make it this year. Sucks but it's usually a big drop off after the top two any way.

I’m not sure how many or if any kids play both sports but let’s not forget Burlingame football played till the last game possible and just won a CCS title those kids aren’t up to speed yet, that transfer from football to basketball takes 4-6 weeks. I’m not saying Burlingame would have won by any means they probably still would have gotten pounded but may have at least scored a bit more....

Uh, no.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT