ADVERTISEMENT

I’m in the Crusader Forum for the Serra game…

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
Riordan’s run the table so far in the WCAL and is ranked #1 in CCS.

Serra is 6-3 in the WCAL and ranked #4 in CCS.

Last time they met, Riordan handled business at Serra, winning 65-48.

Earlier, the Serra Freshman B team beat the R frosh by about 6, and right now, the Serra frosh A team is controlling things, up 41-20.

48-25 Serra after 3 quarters. Both Serra frosh teams are showing quite a bit of talent.

60-43 final, Serra takes both frosh games.

On to the JV’s…

Serra is 17-3, Riordan 16-3…. The teams have played each other twice, splitting the games. Serra won in early December, Riordan took the first league meeting.

Long wait before this one…. 23 minutes.

Serra finally is getting some plays to work…. 24-11 Riordan, 46 seconds left in the half. Just now, a Serra steal, drive, fouled…. FT’s both fall…. 24-13. and that’s the halftime score.

link, you ask…. um…. lemme check, but offhand I think R home games are on Hudl now…. and maybe still NFHS, too.

that’s the stream. was tricky to find, had to go thru Riordan Athletics’ Twitter site.

The hudl link on their regular web page only has some highlights.

Serra got it briefly to single-digits, but the R rebuffed that, now it’s 30-19 late in the 3rd.

Steal and score, Serra’s closer than they’ve been in a lonnngggg time. 32-27, 5:03 left.

2:48 left after a great pass leads to a Serra score…. 36-31 Riordan, their ball after the time out.

Serra steal…. drive, foul…. I think the refs missed that one, but I’ll leave that to the R fans…. 2 FT’s make it 36-33, 2:21 left.

Riordan #5 drives and scores…. and 1. FT good…. 39-33.

Serra gets 3 tries, finally scores…. 39-35, time out with 1:11 left.

The R breaks the press with little fuss…. foul, R #23 at the line…. Both good. 41-35.

Serra rebounds a missed 3…. Time for some hack n hope.

44-38 final…. Serra showed some guts, coming back like that.

Here comes the band…

Yeah, that’s exactly why I mentioned the band…. I love all the pageantry and stuff.

Sensley 3, nope…. but a Serra foul on the rebound.

Serra steal…

Hillman rebound, pass to McKenzie (I think) for a corner 3…. Kaboom! 3-0 Riordan.

Wilsonburger served up HOT by R #23.. Riordan ball, other end… but they foul getting the ball in, Serra ball.

Hillman scores for the R….rebound, a FANTASTIC alley-oop for a reverse jam by Sensley!! Holy carp…. 7-0 Riordan, 4:47 left 1st.

Serra bangs home a corner 3….

Hillman on the other end…. 9-3.

Sensley rebound, hillman gets a pass, fouled on the way up. Fires an airball from the line, the Serra fans let him hear about it…. and he misses the 2nd. 3:15 left 1st.

A score for Serra…. but Rencher nails a 3! 12-5.

R rebound, pass to big man #23…. sorry, can’t hear the announcer thru the echo. He’s fouled…. makes 1 of 2. 13-5.

Serra #23 with a midrange…. 13-7.

Serra gets a stop…. The R has committed two fouls during this possession, but the still get a steal, and Serra fouls…. Hillman at the stripe…. Makes the 2nd. 14-7.

Riordan steal, #10 of the R nails a 3! 17-7.

Riordan knocks the rock off a Serra guy.. Their ball with 6.9 left…. Hillman gets all the way to the rack, is fouled…. Makes the first, not the 2nd. And that’s the quarter…. 18-7 Riordan.

Riordan STEAL, gets down to Rencher, he’s fouled…. Misses 1st, makes 2nd. 19-7.

Riordan with a stop, pass to Rencher, who’s fouled…. makes the shot, and the ensuing freebie.

Suddenly, it’s 22-7 Riordan. Serra has to get it going, and SOON.

Serra hits a midrange, but not until they get it back after another dazzling Wilsonburger served up by R #23…. 22-9.

Serra #2 nails a 3…. 22-12.

The R loses a pass over the baseline…. time out, as the band plays “Saints”. I wish more schools had bands…. 5:24 left in the half.

(Well, I wish more schools had GOOD bands…). :)

Meanwhile, during that mini-rant…. Serra made a FT. 22-13.

Riordan pretty fast-break score…. 24-13.

Sensley fouled next time down…. Makes both. 26-13.

4 minutes…

NIce move by Serra #10 for a score…. 26-15.

Sensely nails a 3! 29-15.

Sensley rebound, pass to a mate, alley-oop back to him…. KABLAMMMMMO! 31-15.

Serra midrange J…. 31-17. 2:13 left.

Hillman fouled on the way…. FT’s split. 32-17.

Hillman rebound, fast break, pass to big #23 on the run, and HE knows what to do with it! 34-17, Serra time out. 1:51 left in the half.

R #23 fouled after an offensive board, gets a pair…. makes one.

Serra #10 nails a 3! 35-20.

3’s each way, and that’s the half…. 38-23.

Riordan has played really well, except at the FT line…. just checked with Ethan Kassel, who happens to be here…. 9-17. Not great, but not quite as awful as I thought.

HIllman with a sweet driving layup to satar the 3rd…. Rencher grabs a miss… and #12 nails a 3! 43-25 after a Serra score…

Rencher takes a lonnnng 3…. Kaboom! 46-25. 5:57 left 3rd.

Not quite time yet, but the bus driver has been alerted…

Hillman with a long 2…. 48-25.

Sensley with a long 2 after a Riordan stop (Another Wilsonburger, compliments of #23.). Lemme look that guy up…. Nes Emeneke’s the guy…. Priory transfer.

Serra #3 scores, nice pass to him…. Hillman scores inside. 52-27. 4:19 left.

Serra #3 nails a 3…. how apropos, huh? 52-30. 3:18 left.

Serra #24 nice move inside on a mismatch…. Serra stop, #4 fouled on the way up. Makes the 2nd. 52-33.

R #10 nails a 3 off a Hillman pass…. 55-33.

btw.. Tommy Tofi and a host of other Crusaders are in street clothes…. Doesn’t seem to be slowing ‘em down much.

#0 with a nice driving bucket for the R…. 59-35…. STEAL, another R score… Finally an answer from the Padres. 61-37…. They get a steal, Serra #12 at the stripe…. Makes one. 61-38.

Quarter finishes with a snappy alley-oop JAM to Rencher…. 63-38.

Is that bus ready yet?

Serra scores 5 straight…. 63-43.

R #5 scores in the paint, 65-43. 6:10 left.

I’m in Cliffnotes version now unless something gets crazy…

Riordan has played really well, except at the FT line…. just checked with Ethan Kassel, who happens to be here…. 9-17. Not great, but not quite as awful as I thought.

Free throws…won’t kill ya now, but against a Branson, Salesian, DLS….those free throws will haunt them.

Riordan though is really clicking on all cylinders. I know they lost some games earlier this season, but I think this version of Riordan can beat anyone in Norcal and give a good game to any team in SoCal.

Mitty seems to be the only ones who can potentially ruin the perfect WCAL season for Riordan.

Andrew Hillman continues to impress me. Something tells me one of the prep schools will scoop him up next season. Maybe im wrong, but talent like that usually ends up in prep school somewhere down the line. Maybe he stays one more year to team with NES.

Overall, a good win for Riordan. If they play smart basketball, work on free throws and listen to their coach….sky is the limit

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT