ADVERTISEMENT

Since there's a "predict the NorCal finals" thread on the girls forum...

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
We oughta have one here.

My wild swings:

Open: Salesian (Should be an incredible game... Will Zion be 100% by now after that hip flexor tweak last week?)
D1: SRV (trying for 3 of 4 vs league foe)
D2: Oakland Tech (can they beat 'em 4 times in a row?)
D3: Santa Cruz (Anyone's guess, both 2-0 v common opponents with similar scores)
D4: Monterey (just a hunch, but state rating is better for Monterey)
D5: San Domenico (Athenian beat SD in December, SD has tougher overall slate)
D6: Cornerstone Christian (total guess on my part, tho the Stone did win both their meetings)

So... If my predictions hold up, TWO CCS publics' boys go to Golden 1! When's the last time THAT happened??

Reactions: dlew66
Good stuff kiddman. Should be some great action. Open and D1 has been awesome.
I've been taking Salesian all year so why change now. Same tune withe SRV. I don't know the other divisions as well. Good luck to all!

We oughta have one here.

My wild swings:

Open: Salesian (Should be an incredible game... Will Zion be 100% by now after that hip flexor tweak last week?)
D3: Santa Cruz (Anyone's guess, both 2-0 v common opponents with similar scores)
D6: Cornerstone Christian (total guess on my part, tho the Stone did win both their meetings)

So... If my predictions hold up, TWO CCS publics' boys go to Golden 1! When's the last time THAT happened??
Good picks, @kiddman32. Think I agree with al of them. Also think the Open, D1 and D2 games are all really intriguing.

Just noticed that tickets for Salesian vs Riordan are NOW available on Gofan.co - get yours now since i expect a relatively full gym but it's always harder to get people out on a Tuesday night. It was cool to see the Riordan gym at maximum capacity on Saturday night. Actually my order is still processing so maybe I won't see everybody there....

Reactions: Eastbayhoops
Interesting that the D1 boys game SRV-Granada has been moved to a completely neutral gym, at Dublin HS which is actually closer to Granada than it is SRV. All the other games, boys & girls, are either at the higher seed’s own gym or one nearby that is close to the higher seed, like Salesian at CCC.

IMHO, all the NorCal finals should be at completely neutral sites, but 🤷‍♂️ . Should be a packed house tonight. Tickets are also just now available for this game at GoFan.

Interesting that the D1 boys game SRV-Granada has been moved to a completely neutral gym, at Dublin HS which is actually closer to Granada than it is SRV. All the other games, boys & girls, are either at the higher seed’s own gym or one nearby that is close to the higher seed, like Salesian at CCC.

IMHO, all the NorCal finals should be at completely neutral sites, but 🤷‍♂️ . Should be a packed house tonight. Tickets are also just now available for this game at GoFan.
Granada is 11 miles from Dublin; SRV is 9.5,. So pretty close to being in the middle. Easy trip for both fans; tickets are sold out

Reactions: observer22
since they play on a larger court... i wonder how much that factors into game planning and if they practice at CCC ever. Plus shooting in a gym that size with the open space behind the one side.

since they play on a larger court... i wonder how much that factors into game planning and if they practice at CCC ever. Plus shooting in a gym that size with the open space behind the one side.
I'm sure it helps that Riordan has played at Crypto.com Arena in January and Santa Clara's arena just a few weeks ago.

Both teams played at CCC for the Crush in the Valley event in January. And Salesian played there again Saturday night. Riordan's west end basket has a significant open space behind it. That is the end of the court Riordan plays in the second half of their home games.

Last edited:
We really talking about Contra Costa College likes its some big time arena with tough dimensions. C'mon man.
These kids have all played on more courts growing up than any of us ever did. They've played in big time arenas too cracker jack box courts. This is not an issue. The real issue is the travesty that these games are played at venues that don't hold at least 5k. Cal State East Bay holds way more than these places.

We really talking about Contra Costa College likes its some big time arena with tough dimensions. C'mon man.
These kids have all played on more courts growing up than any of us ever did. They've played in big time arenas too cracker jack box courts. This is not an issue. The real issue is the travesty that these games are played at venues that don't hold at least 5k. Cal State East Bay holds way more than these places.
they havent played on more courts than me. they def havent played outdoors for sure. and salesian high compared to CCC courts are night and day. their press works to perfection on their small home court. on a ncaa size court if you just pass over top there is more space. the csu system isnt as lenient with their facilities and salesian doesnt want to sit on the 80/580 when CCC is nice enough

Reactions: larry legend33
they havent played on more courts than me. they def havent played outdoors for sure. and salesian high compared to CCC courts are night and day. their press works to perfection on their small home court. on a ncaa size court if you just pass over top there is more space. the csu system isnt as lenient with their facilities and salesian doesnt want to sit on the 80/580 when CCC is nice enough

I remember those days at Cal-East Bay... Those events were terrific.
The best. Loved me some Jkidd vs Odowd days.

We oughta have one here.

My wild swings:

open: Salesian
d1: SRV
d2: Oakland HS

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT