ADVERTISEMENT

SJS Playoff Brackets

Oak Ridge losing the last game upset my playoff hopes. Specifically, if they had won they probably would have been the number 2 seed and Central Catholic the number 3. My Turlock team at number 6 would then be in line to play Central Catholic, if they got past the first game. Turlock and Central have never played, other than a preseason scrimmage for the last few years, and it would be a local game for me to watch. I wish they would schedule a regular season game. I think, and perhaps someone else with more knowledge could verify, that not only have Central and Turlock never played but they have only played one Modesto public school, Downey I believe, and that was a long time ago. Is there some animosity on the part of the public schools perhaps on CC for siphoning off the best players? Would be interesting to know. In the meantime, if Turlock wins the first game against Sheldon, certainly not a given, they would again face Oak Ridge. This would be the 4th time in the last 6 years that Turlock has played Oak Ridge in the playoffs. A little change of scenery would be nice (not to mention Turlock lost all the games, the closest being 24-14 in 2019).

Oak Ridge losing the last game upset my playoff hopes. Specifically, if they had won they probably would have been the number 2 seed and Central Catholic the number 3. My Turlock team at number 6 would then be in line to play Central Catholic, if they got past the first game. Turlock and Central have never played, other than a preseason scrimmage for the last few years, and it would be a local game for me to watch. I wish they would schedule a regular season game. I think, and perhaps someone else with more knowledge could verify, that not only have Central and Turlock never played but they have only played one Modesto public school, Downey I believe, and that was a long time ago. Is there some animosity on the part of the public schools perhaps on CC for siphoning off the best players? Would be interesting to know. In the meantime, if Turlock wins the first game against Sheldon, certainly not a given, they would again face Oak Ridge. This would be the 4th time in the last 6 years that Turlock has played Oak Ridge in the playoffs. A little change of scenery would be nice (not to mention Turlock lost all the games, the closest being 24-14 in 2019).
I’m actually looking forward to an OR vs CC likely playoff game in 3rd round. Bummer for Turlock but I can’t recall OR playing CC either. (At least not in the last decade. I could be wrong). It’s the playoffs and anything is possible but personally I see a pretty easy Oak ridge win against Turlock if they meet up. (28-3 type game)

I think in D1 Central Catholic has the easiest path to the Championship game. Oak Ridge will play Turlock and it will be a battle (22-21). Folsom will have to play either Inderkum or Monterey Trail who has the ability to upset Folsom, even after week one's 35-0 blasting. Folsom still has the edge and should advance based on what they have accomplished the season.

D2 is loaded with potential second round regular season matchups in very tight scoring games this season. Manteca perhaps faces Granite Bay in 2nd round. Jesuit could see Del Oro in the 2nd round another tough game. I see Tracy in a first round upset over Downey, unless the Knights can get tough against the Bulldogs, setting up 2nd round game versus Rocklin, this time on the road at Rocklin if the get by Downey. St. Mary's still the favorite and another Manteca 2nd round matchup should go the Rams way. I see Rocklin in Championship game in a very close battle against St. Mary's

D3 I will say Grant should be a D1 team, however they might sail through unless Oakdale can catch them on a penalty plagued night. Merced if they can best the Mustangs can beat Grant as well. The Bears played MT closely and took down Patterson. Woodcreek is a sleeper and Vanden has shown it can do some damage. Still Grant should take the cake.

D4 Escalon is a very big talented team and will remain the top dog! Vista Del Lago Eagles will have to best Patterson in semis, Tigers might face Eski as they have a very talented squad.

D5 is open for the taking as Twelve Bridges gets top seed, but Hilmar is the team to beat. I can see Casa Roble and Hilmar winner in 2nd round to take the Championship. Los Banos could knock off Twelve Bridges in semis. Hilmar has a big win versus Hughson and played Escalon very close. Yellowjackets sting this one to their hive.

D6 Sutter somehow got the top spot but will not go past Hughson or Sonora. I see Sonora Wildcats taking home the trophy here!

D7A Ripon Christian and the Knights will roll this bracket.
D7B Stone Ridge Christian should see a section crown after having a great regular season.

Last edited:
I too would like to see Turlock play the SC Raiders. But fortunately you’ll have to root for league mate Gregori to get by Edison for a shot. Gregori lost multiple players to SC due to transfers this year so they should be highly motivated.

I think in D1 Central Catholic has the easiest path to the Championship game. Oak Ridge will play Turlock and it will be a battle (22-21). Folsom will have to play either Inderkum or Monterey Trail who has the ability to upset Folsom, even after week one's 35-0 blasting. Folsom still has the edge and should advance based on what they have accomplished the season.

D2 is loaded with potential second round regular season matchups in very tight scoring games this season. Manteca perhaps faces Granite Bay in 2nd round. Jesuit could see Del Oro in the 2nd round another tough game. I see Tracy in a first round upset over Downey, unless the Knights can get tough against the Bulldogs, setting up 2nd round game versus Rocklin, this time on the road at Rocklin if the get by Downey. St. Mary's still the favorite and another Manteca 2nd round matchup should go the Rams way. I see Rocklin in Championship game in a very close battle against St. Mary's

D3 I will say Grant should be a D1 team, however they might sail through unless Oakdale can catch them on a penalty plagued night. Merced if they can best the Mustangs can beat Grant as well. The Bears played MT closely and took down Patterson. Woodcreek is a sleeper and Vanden has shown it can do some damage. Still Grant should take the cake.

D4 Escalon is a very big talented team and will remain the top dog! Vista Del Lago Eagles will have to best Patterson in semis, Tigers might face Eski as they have a very talented squad.

D5 is open for the taking as Twelve Bridges gets top seed, but Hilmar is the team to beat. I can see Casa Roble and Hilmar winner in 2nd round to take the Championship. Los Banos could knock off Twelve Bridges in semis. Hilmar has a big win versus Hughson and played Escalon very close. Yellowjackets sting this one to their hive.

D6 Sutter somehow got the top spot but will not go past Hughson or Sonora. I see Sonora Wildcats taking home the trophy here!

D7A Ripon Christian and the Knights will roll this bracket.
D7B Stone Ridge Christian should see a section crown after having a great regular season.
M.C, what about PLACER in D4…..i don’t think anyone should sleep on the lil strawchewers from Auburn,i can see a 2nd rd rematch vs West Park (assuming they get by Wood,as i know nothing about them) with the same outcome,maybe a little tighter,but still victorious for the Hillmen,thus having Placer travel to Escalon who,imho,are really mirror images of each other as both run the Wing-T and rely heavily on pounding the ball…..Now,like Wood…I don’t know much about Patterson either but if they’re anything like VDL..RAIN,i believe would be a little bit of a problem (should it happen) and the same goes for West Park! Now i would be a bit more worried IF Escalon had the great Isaiah Burris in the back field but i don’t believe they do,lol,(I was there that night i believe you were as well 😉) what are your thoughts on Placer in that puzzle,plz?

Last edited:
Reactions: M.C. fan
M.C, what about PLACER in D4…..i don’t think anyone should sleep on the lil strawchewers from Auburn,i can see a 2nd rd rematch vs West Park (assuming they get by Wood,as i know nothing about them) with the same outcome,maybe a little tighter,but still victorious for the Hillmen,thus having Placer travel to Escalon who,imho,are really mirror images of each other as both rely heavy on pounding the ball and both run the Wing-T……Now,like Wood…I don’t know much about Patterson either but if they’re anything like VDL..RAIN,i believe would be a little bit of a problem (should it happen) and the same goes for West Park! Now i would be a bit more worried IF Escalon had the great Isaiah Burris in the back field but i don’t believe they do,lol,(I was there that night i believe you were as well 😉) what do you think,plz?
I love Placer and Head Coach Montoya, yes at Lincoln in Stockton. When we went back and forth for the Section title with Burse (Broncos) and Sudfeld who played for (Jets), also the only year we smoked Central Catholic!! Coach Parsons had a great run with that talent!

PLACER is not overlooked, just Escalon has shown dominance who played all games on the road all season as a new stadium was being built. no one will have a very good shot in Escalon now that their new stadium is finished and they play on the purple empire. That puts Vista Del Lago if they advance past the Tigers. Patterson is another tough team who will show major support and they have a good team and will play Vista Del Lago tough. Can West Park or PLACER win it, yes but it will be a big uphill on the road battle.

Escalon will not lose with that monster of a defense. They have a 6'6 edge rusher who also plays tight end and would start at any school in Northern California, including Folsom, Serra, or DLS. Has PLACER played the schedule Escalon has to prepare them for this style of defense?

Per Game Averages
Trans Valley
Season
School
Record
Rating
Offense
Defense
Margin
Offense
Defense
Margin
Hughson (CA)
7-3
Escalon (CA)
9-1
Hilmar (CA)
7-3

West Park (Roseville, CA)
8-2
Placer (Auburn, CA)
6-4
Team Game-By-Game Logs don't see your team's twitter handle listed here? Let us know about it...

Last edited:
Reactions: championcif75
You think Turlock is going to play OR tough. No way. They would be the worse team in the SFL. It won’t be close. The central Catholic game will be close.

You think Turlock is going to play OR tough. No way. They would be the worse team in the SFL. It won’t be close. The central Catholic game will be close.
Might be a blowout for OR, Bulldogs like to be the upset road team in the playoffs.

Turlock's Maxpreps rating is higher only than Whitney, using that as a gauge. Turlock is playing better than the first game when they lost to Rocklin, but still not on the level to beat OR. Which is why I wish it could have worked out to play Central Catholic. A local game and a change of scenery and not the same team four times in 6 years. CC would certainly be favored but it would have been fun.

I love Placer and Head Coach Montoya, yes at Lincoln in Stockton. When we went back and forth for the Section title with Burse (Broncos) and Sudfeld who played for (Jets), also the only year we smoked Central Catholic!! Coach Parsons had a great run with that talent!

PLACER is not overlooked, just Escalon has shown dominance who played all games on the road all season as a new stadium was being built. no one will have a very good shot in Escalon now that their new stadium is finished and they play on the purple empire. That puts Vista Del Lago if they advance past the Tigers. Patterson is another tough team who will show major support and they have a good team and will play Vista Del Lago tough. Can West Park or PLACER win it, yes but it will be a big uphill on the road battle.

Escalon will not lose with that monster of a defense. They have a 6'6 edge rusher who also plays tight end and would start at any school in Northern California, including Folsom, Serra, or DLS. Has PLACER played the schedule Escalon has to prepare them for this style of defense?

Per Game Averages
Trans Valley
Season
School
Record
Rating
Offense
Defense
Margin
Offense
Defense
Margin
Hughson (CA)
7-3
Escalon (CA)
9-1
Hilmar (CA)
7-3

West Park (Roseville, CA)
8-2
Placer (Auburn, CA)
6-4
Team Game-By-Game Logs don't see your team's twitter handle listed here? Let us know about it...
MC,we shall see if they’re ready after playing Casa Roble 9-1,Roseville 8-2,Del Oro 6-4 and Vista del Lago 9-1 and WP 8-2 twice probably,we shall see.But the confidence is high and these young Hillmen have responded last 6 games including a league title again….we shall see!TY my friend as usual for your honest insight!👍🏻👍🏻

MC,we shall see if they’re ready after playing Casa Roble 9-1,Roseville 8-2,Del Oro 6-4 and Vista del Lago 9-1 and WP 8-2 twice probably,we shall see.But the confidence is high and these young Hillmen have responded last 6 games including a league title again….we shall see!TY my friend as usual for your honest insight!👍🏻👍🏻
Escalon has an opponent rating of 6.9 versus Placer at 1.5 this season. Take calpreps.com ratings and add or subtract ratings based on each team they played and then divide by the 10-game season, and you will see. That is how I calculated my ratings. So, in my opinion no, Placer has not played nearly as good as schedule as Escalon.

Reactions: championcif75
Escalon has an opponent rating of 6.9 versus Placer at 1.5 this season. Take calpreps.com ratings and add or subtract ratings based on each team they played and then divide by the 10-game season, and you will see. That is how I calculated my ratings. So, in my opinion no, Placer has not played nearly as good as schedule as Escalon.
As someone that has see Escalon play. They have a 3 year staring QB. Comparing Burse to Escalon QB. Burse could take over a game with his athletic ability. Escalon QB makes his team better. A senior heavy team.

As someone that has see Escalon play. They have a 3 year staring QB. Comparing Burse to Escalon QB. Burse could take over a game with his athletic ability. Escalon QB makes his team better. A senior heavy team.
Yeah they’re definitely for real and very deserving of #1 seed,i believe they’re only loss was to California.We have a relatively young team with many key players returning……it will definitely be an uphill battle for our kids,we’ll just see what they’re made of….they won’t go quietly into the night,they’ll bring some wood…..thats for sure!How about your “Stangs” will they make it to play the “Grant Pacers”?

Last edited:
Yeah they’re definitely for real and very deserving of #1 seed,i believe they’re only loss was to California.We have a relatively young team with many key players returning……it will definitely be an uphill battle for our kids,we’ll just see what they’re made of….they won’t go quietly into the night,they’ll bring some wood…..thats for sure!How about your “Stangs” will they make it to play the “Grant Pacers”?
Depends on what team shows up? They are young. A little bit different from usual offense. No long time ball control drives. We joke about how many plays to score. 77 yard runs. 66 yard pass for TD. But get LOTS of penalties! 15 against Enochs. For Oakdale a great athlete. As freshman placed 8th at state in wrestling. If playing at any other school would be playing both ways. His dad back up on Chargers. Played a year in NFL in Spain. His mom holds many track and field records at Oakdale.

And they have Gabe McDonald. Oakdale always has that one O.K.G. Little guy that over achieves. Catches the ball well. And blocks. Tough guy.
But defence has no pass rush. That is why Escalon QB and CC QB killed us. That and the PENALTIES!. Got a week to recover some injuries. But you know I am a Placer fan. Go Hillmen!

Depends on what team shows up? They are young. A little bit different from usual offense. No long time ball control drives. We joke about how many plays to score. 77 yard runs. 66 yard pass for TD. But get LOTS of penalties! 15 against Enochs. For Oakdale a great athlete. As freshman placed 8th at state in wrestling. If playing at any other school would be playing both ways. His dad back up on Chargers. Played a year in NFL in Spain. His mom holds many track and field records at Oakdale.

And they have Gabe McDonald. Oakdale always has that one O.K.G. Little guy that over achieves. Catches the ball well. And blocks. Tough guy.
But defence has no pass rush. That is why Escalon QB and CC QB killed us. That and the PENALTIES!. Got a week to recover some injuries. But you know I am a Placer fan. Go Hillmen!
The stangs played Manteca to the wire,a one score final i believe…the stangs rep well yr in and yr out,always solid and well coached,must be that Oakdale water,lol!😂😂😉😉😉

SJS section championship game date and times are out:

D1

11/24 @ 7p
  • f609f271-97c9-4af9-bda1-b4250bb3f146.gif
    1 Folsom
  • 74c1621c-e0cf-4821-b5e1-3c8170c8125a.gif
    3 Oak Ridge

D2

11/25 @ 7p

D3

11/24 @ 3p

D4