ADVERTISEMENT

STAY CLASSY FOLSOM

131Pressman

Superstar
Dec 9, 2013
went to the Folsom Del Oro game, showed up about half-way thru JV game with Folsom up 20-30 points each Folsom TD was followed by onside kick, thought that was pretty tacky.
In the varsity game many times Folsom players making tackle straddled the line of unsportsmanlike conduct (swing-player, whipping legs after forward progress had stopped) also key players receiving personal fouls and not seeing coach chewing anybody out or even addressing behavior.

I heard a rumor a Folsom coach/player was ejected??? I was at Placer so I can't confirm????

went to the Folsom Del Oro game, showed up about half-way thru JV game with Folsom up 20-30 points each Folsom TD was followed by onside kick, thought that was pretty tacky.
In the varsity game many times Folsom players making tackle straddled the line of unsportsmanlike conduct (swing-player, whipping legs after forward progress had stopped) also key players receiving personal fouls and not seeing coach chewing anybody out or even addressing behavior.

This is known as 'gas lighting' and is the worst kind of post.

Seriously, what a hater. Enjoy the product Folsom is putting on display. It will be light years before the SJS sees a team of this caliber.

Go hate on SLV, that is a more interesting story. New sources are claiming they are being accused of hacking into Hudl Sideline and using Morse Code during games and have hired lip readers as well.

Seriously, what a hater. Enjoy the product Folsom is putting on display. It will be light years before the SJS sees a team of this caliber.

Go hate on SLV, that is a more interesting story. New sources are claiming they are being accused of hacking into Hudl Sideline and using Morse Code during games and have hired lip readers as well.

It’s been exactly 4 years since we last seen a team like this years folsom team (2014 folsom) folsom shouldn’t miss a beat next year their better players are juniors on offense. Folsom is plug and play at qb losing Bennett shouldn’t hurt them.

Just an observation, I don’t think in my close to 40 years of watching football, I have seen a team kick 3 onside kicks up 20-30 points, defend it if you want homie. Folsom is way to talented of a program to do that, I don’t mind some swag on the field they have earned it but coaches have to keep players in check.....

(I wasn't at game so I'm assuming what is being said is true) No reason to be kicking onsite kicks up by that much late in the game. Also think about this. This was the last game of the year for JV kids. Hopefully they were getting some kids in who didn't get a lot to time.

As for the "System" of Folsom I believe its been at least a decade or more that a QB from Folsom ends up getting a college scholarship. Graves Brothers, Trosin, Browning, Jake (forgetting name), and now Bennett. Pretty rare feat.

Reactions: 131Pressman
Just an observation, I don’t think in my close to 40 years of watching football, I have seen a team kick 3 onside kicks up 20-30 points, defend it if you want homie. Folsom is way to talented of a program to do that, I don’t mind some swag on the field they have earned it but coaches have to keep players in check.....
I was coaching in youth football some years back, and we barely had enough kids to field a team. The league minimum for players was 18, and we had that. We were one of the worst teams in the league, and we had to play the league champs. Well, as expected, we were getting drubbed 62-0. After their last TD, they kicked an onside against us, and of course, they recovered. In the post game handshake our coaches and theirs nearly came to blows. When asked why the onside kick, the opposing coach said,” we wanted to give our kids an in game experience on recovering onside kicks”. My response was, “that’s what the f#%k practice is for”. Guy had a full league maximum roster, and we couldn’t even scrimmage we had so few players.

Folsom has a great program. They are a step beneath the elite class. (Bosco, Mater Dei, De la Salle, Centennial). Their chances of being humbled around the Sac area are slim. Would love to see them challenge (Bosco, Mater Dei, Centennial, Gorman).

For as great as Folsom has been, I will still take the 2008 Grant Pacers over any of the great Folsom team's.

After reading all the hand-wringing about the Folsom Bullies, I went to Maxpreps. I thought here I would see that Folsom had dominated everyone they played and here they were beating up on poor Del Oro.

But what I found was that Del Oro JV was 9-0 coming into the game, while Folsom JV's record was 6-3 overall and 3-2 in league. So I thought I would see a scoring line where Folsom ran up the score late in the game. I do not see a box score that looks like they piled on and ran up the score.
Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Final
Folsom 12 13 13 7 45
Del Oro 0 10 0 0 10

I doubt everything that I read on here because way too much bias and hatred. Now I am wondering if these posters know the difference between a squib, a bloop and and onside kick. I wasn't there, so I do not know.

Then I looked at Twitter. And I read that the Del Oro JV team quit. Their coach walked onto the field and just pulled his team with 2 minutes left in the game. Is that true?

No contest to Folsom coach being ejected? Another Ngata problem??
Is this team out of control?...Has the tremendous amount of success they have had the past decade made them forget what got them there?? SMH.....

You have so much hate for this program that I cannot take you seriously. Having coached many games, I want to know the real story before I condemn anyone. I have seen officials lose control of games A LOT. More than I have seen coaches lose control. I have seen coaches tossed for nothing. And I have seen coaches completely melt down and lose it - and not be tossed.

As for the Ngata problem, I have no idea what you are talking about. I don't know what it means to be 'almost tossed'. Was there a personal foul called? If by 'problem' you mean they keep whipping a$$, then yes, it is a problem. For everyone not from Folsom. I like kids that play hard and play to the edge when they are on the field. I love it when they are on my team. And I appreciate them when they are on the other side.

Ok now that I have your attention feed, I will repeat what I have said before...I have no hate for Folsom but I had to read your buddy sybil posts for two years running....the hate is directed there not at your program.....

My comment was " I heard a Folsom coach got tossed". It was a simple yes or no...seems it is true and you don't like it....as for the Ngata comment.....that was another posters comment that you wish to direct to me.

Just be real...if you have a guy that does something wrong admit it but you always have an excuse....man up and say our kid screwed up and is learning from it.....

Tell me this.....do you think people got very tired of your buddy G61,L68, cookie530 or whatever? I feel you felt him funny as your on the same team...Just be honest and answer.....

Just like your know it all comment about Airline tickets....you were wrong and couldn't admit it....That is my business so I knew the answer but you were busy hating on DLS...Now you really hate them.

Just like your CIF comment...wrong again....just keep hating..it will eat you up....good luck pal...

Just like your know it all comment about Airline tickets....you were wrong and couldn't admit it....That is my business so I knew the answer but you were busy hating on DLS...Now you really hate them.

Just like your CIF comment...wrong again....just keep hating..it will eat you up....good luck pal...

Engaging donkeys just brings you down to their level...

Reactions: RidgeRider
I have to say Folsom has a great team. Hands down the second best team in NorCal. I know Lumpy personally. I’m friends with him and his wife on Facebook. And I don’t have a problem with onside kicks when up by 40. Recover the football and you’ll have great field position and stop crying. That being said. I have yet to meet a decent Folsom fan yet weather in the stands at the dls game or here on this forum. I’m sure there is one out there but I have yet to meet them. They all try there best to defend the fact they Folsom won’t play anyone besides dls. It’s risk vs gain. If you lose to dls your still the second best team in NorCal. I would have loved to see Folsom vs BG, or Cent10. But it will never happen because they feel there’s nothing to gain. But yet you still come on here saying we would win by 2-3tds. IMO that’s the part that’s classless. That’s why I say they are not special.

Reactions: THEOC89
Once in awhile I will click on the "Show Ignored Content" just to see if there is anything worthwhile being posted by the folks that I have on the "Ignore" list.

Confirmation again that this board is much more positive, useful, informative and entertaining with the absence of just a few.

Back to ignore, I've seen enough.

Reactions: RidgeRider
I have to say Folsom has a great team. Hands down the second best team in NorCal. I know Lumpy personally. I’m friends with him and his wife on Facebook. And I don’t have a problem with onside kicks when up by 40. Recover the football and you’ll have great field position and stop crying. That being said. I have yet to meet a decent Folsom fan yet weather in the stands at the dls game or here on this forum. I’m sure there is one out there but I have yet to meet them. They all try there best to defend the fact they Folsom won’t play anyone besides dls. It’s risk vs gain. If you lose to dls your still the second best team in NorCal. I would have loved to see Folsom vs BG, or Cent10. But it will never happen because they feel there’s nothing to gain. But yet you still come on here saying we would win by 2-3tds. IMO that’s the part that’s classless. That’s why I say they are not special.
Not sure why they would think there’s nothing to gain playing BG ( who they would’ve prob beat this year) or Cen10. Cen10 is top 10 team in the country. Even a early season loss to one of these teams would only help thematic end of year and next. Both those teams are pretty much always better than Folsom also.

Not sure why they would think there’s nothing to gain BG ( who they would’ve prob beat this year) or Cen10. Cen10 is top 10 team in the country. Even a early season loss to one of these teams would only help thematic end of year and next. Both those teams are pretty much always better than Folsom also.
I was really impressed with Folsom after seeing them play dls. I think they would have a chance at beating BG. That would have been a great game. I understand why they didn’t schedule Cent10,MD or SJB ( who were banging down there door for a game). Once they scheduled dls it would make no sense to play one of those teams. But there are plenty of good teams that they could of played and would of made them something special. Just having great players on your team doesn’t make you special. IMO you have to do something special to be something special.

I was really impressed with Folsom after seeing them play dls. I think they would have a chance at beating BG. That would have been a great game. I understand why they didn’t schedule Cent10,MD or SJB ( who were banging down there door for a game). Once they scheduled dls it would make no sense to play one of those teams. But there are plenty of good teams that they could of played and would of made them something special. Just having great players on your team doesn’t make you special. IMO you have to do something special to be something special.

I think in Folsom's mind, DLS is the team they want to beat and that's why they focused on scheduling them. The MD, SJB games will come in the Open game if they can beat DLS. If they scheduled MD or SJB, beating them didn't get them a game with DLS.

I think they showed they have narrowed the gap with DLS and maybe next year when they get them at home is the year they finally get over the hump.

I think in Folsom's mind, DLS is the team they want to beat and that's why they focused on scheduling them. The MD, SJB games will come in the Open game if they can beat DLS. If they scheduled MD or SJB, beating them didn't get them a game with DLS.

I think they showed they have narrowed the gap with DLS and maybe next year when they get them at home is the year they finally get over the hump.

I think this is pretty accurate, plus based on Folsom's history, they prefer to schedule weaker teams so they can run up the score and help their kids get scholarships and set records. They are just not at all interested in challenging themselves year in and year out with great competition. This is why they have no respect outside of their own region. And apparently even their league is tired of their act.

So every 5 years when they feel like they have a good team they will try to schedule DLS. While I disagree the gap has narrowed, 7 sacks, 5 TO and scoring 0 points is not a "Good Game" or "Impressive Performance" or "Narrowing the Gap" on any level, I do believe next year will be Folsom's best shot at DLS.

This process works for Folsom so why would they change? Why would they schedule any top team other then DLS?

Folsom's program is obviously very intimidated by Top Level teams. They will only play DLS because they have nothing to lose by playing them and it is only 1 game of "Bad Stats" for their players. And if they beat them, they slayed the giant!

The irony is that San Ramon Valley has come closer to beating DLS then Folsom ever has, they lost by 1 point in 2016. Has the gap been closed between SRV and DLS?.....

I actually love what Folsom is doing! The local teams just need to get better! Folsom has great coaches. They made a strong football hire when they brought on Richardson and Taylor.

Reactions: smashmouthrick
The DLS game fell in Folsom's lap. Not sure we should give them too much credit for scheduling the game.

Del Oro and Amador Valley made that game happen, not Folsom. Widely reported.

So Folsom had no contact with anyone trying to seek that game? What if those 2 canceled their games but then Folsom and DLS said they weren’t interested?

Folsom has a great program. They are a step beneath the elite class. (Bosco, Mater Dei, De la Salle, Centennial). Their chances of being humbled around the Sac area are slim. Would love to see them challenge (Bosco, Mater Dei, Centennial, Gorman).

For as great as Folsom has been, I will still take the 2008 Grant Pacers over any of the great Folsom team's.
Not over 2014 folsom no way..i think that folsom team would have beaten dls bg cent anyone that year..i do not recall anyone from thevfaned cordova team saying at the time the 2008 grant team was best in sjs history..bhistory..but said so bout 2014 folsom...but i wuld put 2008 grant in top 3 of local teams in history...probably top 5 - 2014 folsom, cordova (1975?), 2008 grant, 2010 folsom, 2018 folsom

Reactions: thetruth8
Who "exposed" them this year? They have a close 14 point loss on the road to a top 20 national opponent that could have gone either way, with every other game being a blowout.

BTW- They dropped 56 in one half and 70 for the game against a Chaminade team that kept the game very close against Oaks Christian, who many people have rated higher than Folsom.

I understand your crusade against CV and Folsom. But try to hide it better or come up with a better name. You just come across as juvenile, without facts.

Stay classy.

You’re missing the point.Folsom always wins the games they didn’t schedule...always!....and loses when the game is actually played...always...

We all know if the DLS game had not been played we would be hearing how Folsom would beat Sparty no problem.

You’re missing the point.Folsom always wins the games they didn’t schedule...always!....and loses when the game is actually played...always...

We all know if the DLS game had not been played we would be hearing how Folsom would beat Sparty no problem.

Just know, you're replying to Sybil.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT