ADVERTISEMENT

The heavyweights battle tonight!!

Damn I seriously thought of going to the DLS GAMES. But went to Sausalito today for business and CCC is 10 minutes from my house, just way more convenient.

As impressive as Blair's offensive game was tonight - his defense on Butler was also key as Jase is incredibly skilled and can flat out fill it up if given space which Blair didn't give him much if any. Carr is incredibly bouncy as well and is an incredible athlete / skilled basketball player who is a handful. Branson didn't get a lot out of their other starters tonight - Keeffe did his usual rebounding, defending and all the dirty work but the other starters didn't have outstanding games.

Great game close throughout - while I thought the officiating was good - I am sure there a lot of folks driving across the Richmond Bridge wondering what might have happened if they had a few of those calls go their way. Branson traveled well and represented throughout and were especially vocal in the second half when they made their run and tied it at the end of the 3rd quarter. Too much Blair, Ricketts with FTs down the stretch and #42 had a heck of a game as well.

Salesian vs DLS should be another classic - see you Friday night at CCC.

Reactions: PatCarrillo
As impressive as Blair's offensive game was tonight - his defense on Butler was also key as Jase is incredibly skilled and can flat out fill it up if given space which Blair didn't give him much if any. Carr is incredibly bouncy as well and is an incredible athlete / skilled basketball player who is a handful. Branson didn't get a lot out of their other starters tonight - Keeffe did his usual rebounding, defending and all the dirty work but the other starters didn't have outstanding games.

Great game close throughout - while I thought the officiating was good - I am sure there a lot of folks driving across the Richmond Bridge wondering what might have happened if they had a few of those calls go their way. Branson traveled well and represented throughout and were especially vocal in the second half when they made their run and tied it at the end of the 3rd quarter. Too much Blair, Ricketts with FTs down the stretch and #42 had a heck of a game as well.

why are they playing at ccc and not st marys

Is there one kid from Branson who lives in Marin County ? Marin City doesn't count.
Asking for the census.

Gotta give Modesto Christian their props... Few of us, me included, thought they could win D1 SJS, but they grabbed the blue banner... Strong showing!

Reactions: M.C. fan
Gotta give Modesto Christian their props... Few of us, me included, thought they could win D1 SJS, but they grabbed the blue banner... Strong showing!
I'm in that group as well. They took some good runs from Lincoln last night but stayed in control.

Is there one kid from Branson who lives in Marin County ? Marin City doesn't count.
Asking for the census.

Yeah I know Butler does his mother was at Marin Catholic when I was there and his father played football at SDSU where they met, Marin county born and raised

Asking for the census.
Jase and family have lived in Marin County since Jase was in 3rd grade. His mom is a native. Semetri’s mom also a native and T was raised all his life here. Finley the same. Joaquin’s parents both born and raised natives. Ty, DJ, Pierce all also born and raised in Marin. I can continue down the roster …

There are currently no Marin City kids on the team, although wish there were. Student body population still <400. Branson is one of the top academic schools in the country with rigorous academic requirements not only for entrance, but also attendance. Appreciate the opportunity to relay some fact checking back to the group Mr Legend.

Yup, I thought they would lose to Inderkum but proved me wrong. Impressive showing for them and looks like they are not to be taken lightly.
I’m not impressed with Modesto Christian. They have 4 starters that were on different teams last year. 2 kids that travel 100 miles round trip. 7 transfers this past season. It’s a prep school playing against local based HS teams and barely beating them. See how they fair vs other private school heavies that can recruit the same as MC does.

Reactions: dcfan
Larry,

Branson has a bus that brings kids from the East Bay El Cerrito area. We have a school called Prospect Sierra. Full tuition is 38k. It is extremely difficult to get into and some kids from there go to Branson. 58 percent of the kids are of color. As a note Prospect head of admissions is African American and not sure about Branson. I know the guy who used to be and may still be involved, but I believe he has a higher position now. And both are very generous with flexible tuition. But they are Stanford like when it comes to admission standards.

I’m not impressed with Modesto Christian. They have 4 starters that were on different teams last year. 2 kids that travel 100 miles round trip. 7 transfers this past season. It’s a prep school playing against local based HS teams and barely beating them. See how they fair vs other private school heavies that can recruit the same as MC does.
Yeah, but the playing field today is pretty level. Everybody is recruiting to some degree. (even public schools. Look at Folsom in Football). I'm impressed with how they ran thru D1 SJS. We will see how Norcal Open goes but I wouldn't be surprised if MC opened a few eyes. They are also a young team. For me I was just use to the powerhouse teams they've had and this isn't one of them. (as a comparison)

Reactions: ayalar09
Yeah, but the playing field today is pretty level. Everybody is recruiting to some degree. (even public schools. Look at Folsom in Football). I'm impressed with how they ran thru D1 SJS. We will see how Norcal Open goes but I wouldn't be surprised if MC opened a few eyes. They are also a young team. For me I was just use to the powerhouse teams they've had and this isn't one of them. (as a comparison)
Folsom lost 2 players to private schools this year. CJ and Myles. You know these public schools have Strict stipulations to do the same things privates can do. Not an even playing field, when kids only go to school 2 times a week, And a bus picks them up 60 miles away from the school.

Folsom lost 2 players to private schools this year. CJ and Myles. You know these public schools have Strict stipulations to do the same things privates can do. Not an even playing field, when kids only go to school 2 times a week, And a bus picks them up 60 miles away from the school.
Where are kids going two days a week and 60 miles away? Would love to know that one.

I think you have a good idea.
Ah negative. If you’re gonna make such a comment you would think one would mention where as many coaches at the upper schools both private and public would laugh at this. Imagine last night the San Ramon coach asking hey Coach what days do your kids show up to practice. Oh there every day Coach, sometimes just on zoom. Or if Randy calls Curtin and says hey I want to watch my commit practice. Oh sorry he only comes to practice on Wednesday and Thursday and when we play Mitty he takes a quick from Sac airport to San Jose. Maybe I am wrong, but sounds like this would be the case if guys say lived in Sac and went to Riordan.

Reactions: nobody209
Sorry I have to add to this. Of all schools you mentioned Folsom. WOW. The school that just happens to be probably the next public school in the last several years in the state in Football because it just so happens all the kids are from the neighborhood. This is like the Texas folks in denial. It’s just a coincidence that they build 50mil stadiums for all the kids in the neighborhood.

Exactly, cause they had a kid from England who showed up one a month. This guy said 2 days a week. Evidently he hasn’t seen the big time MC teams. And you make a great point. In certain moments SRV played the number 23rd ranked team in the country well. Maybe cause their guys don’t make every practice. But it was 21-20 at one point.

Ah negative. If you’re gonna make such a comment you would think one would mention where as many coaches at the upper schools both private and public would laugh at this. Imagine last night the San Ramon coach asking hey Coach what days do your kids show up to practice. Oh there every day Coach, sometimes just on zoom. Or if Randy calls Curtin and says hey I want to watch my commit practice. Oh sorry he only comes to practice on Wednesday and Thursday and when we play Mitty he takes a quick from Sac airport to San Jose. Maybe I am wrong, but sounds like this would be the case if guys say lived in Sac and went to Riordan.
Seems like you’re the only one outside the loop. Because it’s not a rumor, it’s actual fact. Also, it’s not hard to tell a college coach when a good time to show up to a practice would be. Sac airport to San Jose? What are you even talking about? Folsom to Modesto is 84 miles. Capital to Modesto is 73 miles. Why mention San Ramon Valley to Modesto Christian? MC got a Franklin kid, a Burbank kid, these kids are traveling long distances for school. I know parents that have PERSONALLY SAID they missed school days frequently and still played. So yes, you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Seems like you’re the only one outside the loop. Because it’s not a rumor, it’s actual fact. Also, it’s not hard to tell a college coach when a good time to show up to a practice would be. Sac airport to San Jose? What are you even talking about? Folsom to Modesto is 84 miles. Capital to Modesto is 73 miles. Why mention San Ramon Valley to Modesto Christian? MC got a Franklin kid, a Burbank kid, these kids are traveling long distances for school. I know parents that have PERSONALLY SAID they missed school days frequently and still played. So yes, you don’t know what you’re talking about.
Yeah and you seem not to know what you are talking about. You claim the take kids and they should go up against other privates to see the they do. Well, let’s see. Maybe they should recruit better. They lost to Berkeley, Weston Ranch, Oakland High, and a 18-11 small private school from So Cal. And if they are missing school and that is true well the losses reflect it. But don’t think this is a private norm. And I would find it pathetic if they are missing constant practice. I don’t know a high level private school coach in Bay Area who would allow that. So don’t know what the complaint is. Cause if this is the case and losing to those four schools is part of the reason why, then what’s the complaint. And if kids are missing school and traveling so far, why aren’t other public schools beating them in the SJS. Sounds like a great time to beat MC.

Yeah and you seem not to know what you are talking about. You claim the take kids and they should go up against other privates to see the they do. Well, let’s see. Maybe they should recruit better. They lost to Berkeley, Weston Ranch, Oakland High, and a 18-11 small private school from So Cal. And if they are missing school and that is true well the losses reflect it. But don’t think this is a private norm. And I would find it pathetic if they are missing constant practice. I don’t know a high level private school coach in Bay Area who would allow that. So don’t know what the complaint is. Cause if this is the case and losing to those four schools is part of the reason why, then what’s the complaint. And if kids are missing school and traveling so far, why aren’t other public schools beating them in the SJS. Sounds like a great time to beat
Public schools did beat them in the SJS. Also, Gavin Sykes was at Capital last year. Capital would have rolled MC if Gavin stayed. That roster was stacked. That’s why everyone in Sacramento was shocked at his move. 7 transfers, last time that happened a school went under investigation and coaches were suspended. So don’t tell me the field is even. Because I don’t see any public schools able to pull that off.

Yeah and you seem not to know what you are talking about. You claim the take kids and they should go up against other privates to see the they do. Well, let’s see. Maybe they should recruit better. They lost to Berkeley, Weston Ranch, Oakland High, and a 18-11 small private school from So Cal. And if they are missing school and that is true well the losses reflect it. But don’t think this is a private norm. And I would find it pathetic if they are missing constant practice. I don’t know a high level private school coach in Bay Area who would allow that. So don’t know what the complaint is. Cause if this is the case and losing to those four schools is part of the reason why, then what’s the complaint. And if kids are missing school and traveling so far, why aren’t other public schools beating them in the SJS. Sounds like a great time to beat MC.
Last thing I’ll say. Myles and Gavin sat 30-day sits. Meaning CIF ruled there was not a complete move. If that’s the case, the those kids travel 120 miles round trip every day. What public school is doing that? Even playing field? Yes after they recruited every kid from Sacramento and sent a van for them every couple days. Stop mentioning the Bay Area, completely different world then SJS.

Last thing I’ll say. Myles and Gavin sat 30-day sits. Meaning CIF ruled there was not a complete move. If that’s the case, the those kids travel 120 miles round trip every day. What public school is doing that? Even playing field? Yes after they recruited every kid from Sacramento and sent a van for them every couple days. Stop mentioning the Bay Area, completely different world then SJS.
I agree. Cause Folsom football ain’t just the kids in the neighborhood. You are barking up a tree for a school who lost kids that has done the same thing during the winter season. And I will say kids do the same in the bay area. But not travel that far nor miss school. And again some stay with kids parents. 7 transfers is not rare, happens in Southern California all the time. And the public powerhouses ain’t no sweethearts down there as well. And if Folsom could pull talent for football then they should do the same for basketball. Cause we all in the world of privates know it’s not a coincidence any public school power just happens to have a blessed neighborhood. Oh and please don’t consider MC a prep school. They would get smashed by the prep schools on the west coast.

I agree. Cause Folsom football ain’t just the kids in the neighborhood. You are barking up a tree for a school who lost kids that has done the same thing during the winter season. And I will say kids do the same in the bay area. But not travel that far nor miss school. And again some stay with kids parents. 7 transfers is not rare, happens in Southern California all the time. And the public powerhouses ain’t no sweethearts down there as well. And if Folsom could pull talent for football then they should do the same for basketball. Cause we all in the world of privates know it’s not a coincidence any public school power just happens to have a blessed neighborhood. Oh and please don’t consider MC a prep school. They would get smashed by the prep schools on the west coast.
You mention Southern California ?? Where kids go to school half the year to play football at Mater Dei then move back to Utah etc. Even playing field ? Ok ask yourself this, of all the schools in the open division basketball or football how many are private and how many are public? What are the top teams year in and year out of the country private or public?? I’ll help you out.. it’s Dominated by private schools. You can’t be serious. Folsom is football school, they still don’t make the open nobody gets talent like private schools. Wake up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT