ADVERTISEMENT

The MEL

ncscalfootball

Hall of Famer
May 24, 2011
Armijo: Armijo will always be Armijo. Surprised with their victory over Bethel-Vallejo. Not surprised they lost to Dixon & Justin Siena-Napa as both teams have seen the playoffs more than the Indians. The Indians remaining schedule is a bruising one with Vanden, Wood, Vacaville & Rodriquez to help them prepare for the Arch Rival Fairfield. 5th Place

Fairfield: Do not really know what happened here. They were rising with their former coach whom one a SJS Div III Crown over at Rodriquez. I heard that Coach had a way with Student Athletes and all...but now...they have been grounded the past two-three years...not much to say but Last Place. Question: Whatever happened to their Coach Jim Sykes whom ran the Wing T really really well in the late 80's-early 90's?

Rodriquez: I believe they may be a Spoiler Team with some upsets along the way. Whom it is yet to be determined. In another thread I posted Rodriquez may upset the Mighty Vacaviile Bulldogs...key word is may. The rest of the Mustangs schedule is: Vacaville, Fairfield Wood, Armijo & Vanden.Looks like they get to rev it up against Fairfield to perhaps upset Wood? Then they get Armijo to prepare for Vanden. 4th Place.

Vacaville: Almighty Vacaville has looked different this year and truly believe they are Rebuilding. Quite rare to see the Bulldogs Rebuild when they were always Reloading. Their Ever Mighty Preseason Schedule is always a doozy and prepares them for league play and so on. The rest of the Bulldogs Schedule look like this: Rodriquez (whom may upset the Mighty Bulldogs, yeah I know I am crazy on this one). But the Bulldogs are hungry and coming off a bye week...so they want to claim the MEL Title again and since Vanden is finally in the MEL! Then comes Armijo & Fairfield before the Black & Blue Game (Will Wood Air it out against the Mighty Bulldogs?). 1st-3rd Place.

Vanden: Welcome to the MEL and are probably hungry to get the MEL Crown since they are finally with Vacaville & Wood. Very interesting games for them since they get some players from South Vacaville (Travis Unified District). Anyways, Vanden has Armijo before they prepare for that circled game on their calender with Vacaville. Then get Fairfield to warm up before Wood for the Battle of Peabody RD./South Vacaville! 1st-3rd Place.

Wood: I was surprised last week at Wood for Running the Ball. I thought they wud Air Out against Woodland. They ran it and came out the victors 42-20 contest. In the first half they were trying to contain Woodland's Athletic Qb. Their Running Game has done well but how will they do against stronger teams that focus on stopping the Run? I am hoping they will open their Passing Game. I wonder if they will do it against Fairfield. If they want to beat Vacaville this year they have to open up their Passing Game. The rest of the Wildcats Schedule looks favorable to them: They have Fairfield & Armijo to prepare them for the Spoiler Team (Rodriquez). After Rodriquez comes Vanden at their New Home and I am sure Vanden want to walk out of there for the Battle of Peabody Rd./South Vacaville! Then they go over to Tom Zunino Stadium for the Black & Blue Bowl against the Mighty Bulldogs: 1st-3rd Place.

I would like to hear others thoughts on this. Thank you in Advance!

Last edited:
Well MEL play has finally Begun!

I stand corrected.

Almighty Vacaville beat Rodriquez 54-8 on their Homecoming. Vaca still the Top Dogs!

Here are some doozies:

Fairfield fought Wood but loss 21-28 (Wood had 5 Turnovers in the first Half). I truly thought Wood would win by a Bunch.

Vanden lead in early 3rd Quarter 19-13 over Armijo before winning 40-13. Armijo played Vanden close for nearly 3 Quarters. However Vanden got back on track.

This coming weekend:

Vacaville @ Vanden. George A. Gammon Field is gonna be loud!

Prediction: Vaca 47 Vanden 28

Armijo @ Wood Are the Wildcats gonna hold on to the Ball or finally Air it Out?

Prediction: Wood 37 Armijo 13

Fairfield @ Rodriquez

Prediction: Rodriquez 31 Fairfield 18

1) Vacaville
2) Vanden
3) Wood
4) Rodriquez
5) Armijo
6) Fairfield

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts