ADVERTISEMENT

The New DFAL For 2016

Bluedog2

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2007
There are 12 teams broken down into two leagues...what looks like League A and League B

League A will consist of Concord,Northgate, Mt. Diablo, Ygnacio valley, Berean Christian and Alhambra

League B will have Miramonte, Campolindo, Acalanes, Clayton valley charter, Las Lomas and college Park

Here is CVC's league schedule for 2016

8-26.....Canyon springs of North Las Vegas at CVC 7 P.M.
9-03.....Helix at Mission Viego 4 P.M.
9-16....James Logan at James Logan at 7 P.M.
9-23.....Deer Valley at Deer Valley 7 P.M.
9-30.....Monte Vista at Monte vista 7 P.M.
10-7.....Miramonte at Miramonte at 7 P.M.
10-14...Concord at Concord at 7 P.M.
10-21...Acalanes at CVC at 7 P.M.
10-28...Las Lomas at Las Lomas at 7 P.M.
11-04...Campolindo at CVC at 7 P.M.
CVC has only three home games this year, one would think that it would be at least half the schedule., although College Park is in the same league as CVC, I didn't see them scheduled to meet....

There are 12 teams broken down into two leagues...what looks like League A and League B

League A will consist of Concord,Northgate, Mt. Diablo, Ygnacio valley, Berean Christian and Alhambra

League B will have Miramonte, Campolindo, Acalanes, Clayton valley charter, Las Lomas and college Park

CVC has only three home games this year, one would think that it would be at least half the schedule., although College Park is in the same league as CVC, I didn't see them scheduled to meet....

I usually consider the "A" division to have the stronger teams. With CVC and Campo in same division wouldn't they be in "A"?

I'm pretty sure that you have Concord and CP flipped

Reactions: RunningRon
Maybe it is just a simple group tag and not a group grade of A or B.

That makes way more sense. Would be a shame to do away with the Concord/CVC rivalry.
Guys....I'm not certain which league is A or B, the DFAL may come up with different names for the two leagues...It looks like having Concord and CVC in different sections may give both leagues better balance and there is always a good chance that both will meet down the road. Also, there will be some hairy clashes when CVC meets Miramonte and CVC meets Campolindo....All three teams had very good JV teams that are moving up to fill the gaps, so lets wait and see....YG showed signs of developing into a real threat and Mt. Diablo always seems to come up with a lot of speed, but are unable to use it properly....Acalanes will again be tough and Alhambra could be dangerous if the coaches ever get control of all the penalities that plague the team for the last several years. Northgate is a question mark and Concord will be no one to fool with...

My way to early predictions for this leauge.
Group A:
Concord-D2 Finalist
Alhambra-wouldn't be surprised if they won this group. Lots of young talent
Berean Christian-D5 finalist
Northgate
YV
MD
Group B:
Clayton Valley-State Finalist
Campo (could go either way)-State Finalist
Miramonte(Shouldn't drop off that much)
Acalanes
College Park
Las Lomas- another rough year for the knights

I thought I heard CV will be going D1 this year if that's the case campo, or concord would jump to the front of the state finalist list.

It's a competitive equity league it will cycle the bottom from A and the top from B every 2 years, just like the WACC... I'm positive Concord is with CVC and the Acalanes SD teams for now, on MaxPreps the teams with full schedules posted have it that way

It's a competitive equity league it will cycle the bottom from A and the top from B every 2 years, just like the WACC... I'm positive Concord is with CVC and the Acalanes SD teams for now, on MaxPreps the teams with full schedules posted have it that way
Here is Miramonte's schedule for 2016..
8-26.....Vanden of Fairfield away 7 P.M.
9-03.....St. Mary's of Albany away Sat. 1:30 P.M.
9-09.....Mt. Diablo home 7 P.M.
9-16.....Alameda away.....7 P.M.
9-23.....Alhambra home 7 P.M.
9-30.....bye
10-07.....CVC Home 7 P.M.
10-14.....Campolindo home 7 P.M.
10-21.....Las Lomas away..7 P.M.
10-28.....Concord home 7 P.M.
11-04.....Acalanes Away 7 P.M.
Miramonte has a 9-1 JV team moving up and there only loss was to Dublin in a tight game 21-20 and their big win was a 42-21 victory over Campolindo.....Miramonte is going to be tough this year and they will find out just how strong they are when they start the season against Vanden in a away game....

Here is Miramonte's schedule for 2016..
8-26.....Vanden of Fairfield away 7 P.M.
9-03.....St. Mary's of Albany away Sat. 1:30 P.M.
9-09.....Mt. Diablo home 7 P.M.
9-16.....Alameda away.....7 P.M.
9-23.....Alhambra home 7 P.M.
9-30.....bye
10-07.....CVC Home 7 P.M.
10-14.....Campolindo home 7 P.M.
10-21.....Las Lomas away..7 P.M.
10-28.....Concord home 7 P.M.
11-04.....Acalanes Away 7 P.M.
Miramonte has a 9-1 JV team moving up and there only loss was to Dublin in a tight game 21-20 and their big win was a 42-21 victory over Campolindo.....Miramonte is going to be tough this year and they will find out just how strong they are when they start the season against Vanden in a away game....

Campolindo 2016 Schedule
8-26.....Valley Christian San Jose.....Away 7:30 P.M.
9-03.....St. Ignatius San Francisco ...Away Sat. 1 P.M.
9-09.....Deer Valley Away......................7 P.M.
9-16.....Oakdale home......................7 P.M.
9-23.....Hayward home......................7 P.M
9-30......Bye.
10-07...Las Lomas Home.....................7 P.M
10-14...Miramonte Away......................7 P.M.
10-21...Concord Home......................7 P.M.
10-28...Acalanes Home......................7 P.M
11-04...Clayton valley charter...Away..........7 P.M
Campolindo like Miramonte's JV team went 9-1 and their only loss was to Napa 18-14, the cougars have taken on Valley Christian and Oakdale for preseason games as real test's, plus they still face Miramonte, Concord and CVC...There is a big chance we may see a change in the DFAL Champ.

Campolindo 2016 Schedule
9-30......Bye.
Campolindo like Miramonte's JV team went 9-1 and their only loss was to Napa 18-14, the cougars have taken on Valley Christian and Oakdale for preseason games as real test's, plus they still face Miramonte, Concord and CVC...There is a big chance we may see a change in the DFAL Champ.
Correction to the Campolindo JV win/loss .....The Cougars are 8-2 and not 9-1, Campo also dropped a big loss to Miramonte 42-21.....

Correction to the Campolindo JV win/loss .....The Cougars are 8-2 and not 9-1, Campo also dropped a big loss to Miramonte 42-21.....
More on Campolindo.....The cougars open the season with a road trip to Valley Christian of san Jose on 8-26......Valley Christian belongs to the West catholic League and they went 4-3 in league play and 8-4 for the season....In league play they took off on a five game winning streak and then lost to St. Francis 21-16 and then to Bellarmine 24-21 and then Serra 42-21 and in the playoff...to Oak Grove 42-23..
The Warriors loose a bunch to grad, so coming into the 2016 season there are a number of question marks to be addressed....

More on Campolindo.....The cougars open the season with a road trip to Valley Christian of san Jose on 8-26......Valley Christian belongs to the West catholic League and they went 4-3 in league play and 8-4 for the season....In league play they took off on a five game winning streak and then lost to St. Francis 21-16 and then to Bellarmine 24-21 and then Serra 42-21 and in the playoff...to Oak Grove 42-23..
The Warriors loose a bunch to grad, so coming into the 2016 season there are a number of question marks to be addressed....
More on Campolindo.....Note the date of 9-16.....The Cougars take on Oakdale in a home game, Oakdale got hit by grad., but they seem to find people coming out of the wood work to fill the holes. The preseason schedule has three interesting and may be tough games against Valley Christian, St. Ignatius and Oakdale...After these three encounters, the Cougars should be battle tested..

More on Campolindo.....Note the date of 9-16.....The Cougars take on Oakdale in a home game, Oakdale got hit by grad., but they seem to find people coming out of the wood work to fill the holes. The preseason schedule has three interesting and may be tough games against Valley Christian, St. Ignatius and Oakdale...After these three encounters, the Cougars should be battle tested..
More on Campolindo.....The Cougars face Oakdale on 9-16, the Mustangs went 6-1 in league play and 12-2 for the season.....Both losses were to Central Catholic, the first was a league game and they went down 42-37 in a real shoot out, but in the playoff.s CC's defense held Oakdale down to a 21-7 win....Oakdale has what looks like eight returning for the 2016 season and no returning QB, but Oakdale is country, so something has to be cooking...

Reactions: Bubba3000
Really nice schedule although the Hayward one is head scratcher (are they rising?)...perhaps they shud have kept Napa instead of Hayward...2 WCAL Schools and Oakdale? Shazaam! They shud take league

Really nice schedule although the Hayward one is head scratcher (are they rising?)...perhaps they shud have kept Napa instead of Hayward...2 WCAL Schools and Oakdale? Shazaam! They shud take league

I always thought Hayward was a solid program, but then I don't really follow that league closely.

I always thought Hayward was a solid program, but then I don't really follow that league closely.
BUBBA3000...Hayward has been having teething problems for the last couple of years, I do believe they had a coaching change that didn't help, so the Farmers have been scrambling after a 2013 season...

Reactions: Bubba3000
CV is in the Foothill (A division) and Hayward is in the Shoreline (B division) of the WACC in football

I don't know if the original poster was calling CV Clayton Valley (Charter) or Castro Valley. Is CVC now in the same league (DFAL) as Campo?

Reactions: mshNASTY
Campolindo 2016 Schedule
9-30......Bye.
Any idea on how Alhambra is looking this year bluedog?

Any idea on how Alhambra is looking this year bluedog?
I've been waiting for a complete schedule for 2016 and should see it in a couple of days, They have a returning QB and a number of linemen and a running back that will be tough to bring down...Not much help coming from the JV's except for a running back and maybe two linemen....The Freshmen team has a number of high spots and some will probably end of on the varsity.....The big problem like the last several years is solving the penality problem.....The Bulldogs could be real tough, but it seems the coaching cannot get a handle on discipline, and if this doesn't get under control, it will be just another so-so season....of blowing winnable games...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT