ADVERTISEMENT

Thompson Academically Ineligible

Paloma

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Oct 5, 2012
Shurod Thompson tweeted he is not going to make it to Oregon State. Rumors were swirling for months that he's been struggling at Antioch High School. Guess this confirms it.

Word is he'll choose between CCSF and Contra Costa JC. I wouldn't be surprised if College of San Matteo wins that sweepstakes. Hopefully things work out for this young man.

Shurod Thompson tweeted he is not going to make it to Oregon State. Rumors were swirling for months that he's been struggling at Antioch High School. Guess this confirms it.

Word is he'll choose between CCSF and Contra Costa JC. I wouldn't be surprised if College of San Matteo wins that sweepstakes. Hopefully things work out for this young man.

This doesn't surprise me I remember hearing grades were an issue for him in the past. Speaking of talented players with less than good grades does anyone know what's happening with Liberty's Willie Williams?

Last edited:
Amazing how a free education doesn't motivate some young men to put a bit of effort to do the bare minimum.....if u can't get into OSU u must be doing just awful in school and not give a sh*t.........hopefully two years at JUCO will get his act together and not squander his opportunity

One thing for sure, I prefer to root for the kids rather than root against them, regardless of their situation or the team they play for. I did some pretty stupid s*$t in my youth!

Reactions: remc
One thing for sure, I prefer to root for the kids rather than root against them, regardless of their situation or the team they play for. I did some pretty stupid s*$t in my youth!

Don't think anyone is rooting against him one bit. But pointing out facts and the sad reality of where this looks like it is heading is not going against him. Hell I wish nothing more than for this kid to get his sh!t together and prove a bunch of swinging d!cks on a message board (myself included) and elsewhere wrong. But the track record unfortunately says otherwise. I've seen this movie many times and have a pretty good idea how it ends.

#nothatingjusttellingthetruth

Reactions: Bubba3000

I'm rooting for the kid/kids but as pointed out above this movie has been played out many times before. Simple fact is he has set himself up to take the hard way into something that's already a crap shoot. That's makes for poor odds.

Reactions: bella123
I've heard this story too many times. Streak said it best. 3 HS in 3 years. Yikes. I'm about rooting for the undersized kid who stays late at practice, gets good grades, is a good person and does everything he can to make a roster spot. Those are the stories to tell. Life is too short to root for kids who have everything handed to them athletically but no discipline in the classroom to get grades at easy high schools. Good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT