ADVERTISEMENT

Title IX Patsy Mink Tourney in DC teams Set ....amazing talent Dec 28-30

jazzpt55

Hall of Famer
Sep 29, 2008
2015 Title IX DC Classic December 28-30 @ DC Armory Washington, DC

Final Brackets(Teams Listed in Alphabetical Order-Will seed at later date)

www.titleixclassic.com

Tournament Director: Saladin Reese 301-440-8436 sreese@sankofaproject.org

PATSY MINK BRACKET

Gilmour Academy (OH)
Konawaena (HI)
Myers Park (NC)
National Christian(MD)
St Anthony's (NY)
St Frances (MD)
St Francis (GA)
St Mary's Stockton (CA)

Read more: http://nextsportsphenom.boards.net/thread/1231/2015-title-ix-brackets#ixzz3kXKy44xt

Amazing might be pushing it a little ... just like the summer teams, high school teams don't seem to be traveling as much.

This is a good field, but not a great one, though obviously SMS, as No. 1, adds a lot of luster. Konawaena should be very good, Myers Park is down, St. Frances looks like a solid regional team, St. Anthony's returns a lot but from an eight-loss team and St. Francis is a solid Georgia team.

National Christian will probably get a lot of transfers and Gilmour is a complete unknown.

Of course, if SMS doesn't win, the winner will go to No. 1, assuming it hasn't lost before.

Amazing might be pushing it a little ... just like the summer teams, high school teams don't seem to be traveling as much.

This is a good field, but not a great one, though obviously SMS, as No. 1, adds a lot of luster. Konawaena should be very good, Myers Park is down, St. Frances looks like a solid regional team, St. Anthony's returns a lot but from an eight-loss team and St. Francis is a solid Georgia team.

National Christian will probably get a lot of transfers and Gilmour is a complete unknown.

Of course, if SMS doesn't win, the winner will go to No. 1, assuming it hasn't lost before.

Clay,

Why is Neumann-Goretti not in the tournament too? Weren't they the team that didn't really get challenged, but made several polls as the number 1 team the end of last season? Will they perhaps take on a more difficult schedule this year or did they graduate too many players?

Neumann-Goretti lost some key players from last year, and also doesn't appear to have complete administrative support to go out and justify a high national ranking.

My understanding is that it's from a poorer area of Philadelphia and doesn't have a lot of money, though I could be wrong.

Clay- Let me say what modesty will not allow you to come out and say in respect to the strength of the teams in this tournament. You are correct the field is not amazing. In fact, the top field in the WCJ will end up being much tougher. If SMS had gone to the WCJ this coming year then that would have been an amazing field. It still might be without them. I can understand why SMS chose to go to Wash though. They were supposed to go in 2008 but the air port in Wash got snowed in and they couldn't make the trip. The field that year included MD. . I think it was purely for the experience to go east.

Thanks for the kind words about our Platinum bracket. The other thing about Title IX is that I think they pay all expenses, which makes it a very attractive trip.

And it's fun, and even educational, to go to DC.

Our Elite list

Antelope
Bishop Manogue
Brea Olinda
Brookside Christian
Cardinal Newman
Carondelet
Deer Valley
Elk Grove
Inderkum
Long Beach Poly
Lynnwood (WA)