ADVERTISEMENT

Troy Taylor

Taylor is a helluva coach. It's too bad Utah couldn't hold that lead tonight. It would have been a benchmark win for them. I loved the decision to go for 2 at the end, but didn't love the play call so much.

Reactions: coachlittle
Taylor is a helluva coach. It's too bad Utah couldn't hold that lead tonight. It would have been a benchmark win for them. I loved the decision to go for 2 at the end, but didn't love the play call so

I agree heck of a coach and loved the go for the win at the end. Play call I'm on the fence there, I like the call just maybe not the execution. The Utah QB seemed at times to just hold the ball to long all night, then when he would take off it became a one man show.

Taylor called a helluva game,just glad the 2 point try failed.Wasnt a bad call at the end,qb just missed an open receiver in the back of the end zone

Reactions: ThunderRam
Taylor called a helluva game,just glad the 2 point try failed.Wasnt a bad call at the end,qb just missed an open receiver in the back of the end zone

Good call. I had forgotten about that.

I just didn't like trying to run the TE throw back. Once that option was taken away, panic ensued. I would have liked to have seen something with a few more options. The 4th down and short play they ran to set up the TD was a great play call.

If anything Taylor stayed at folsom too long. But I give him credit for working with the youth of america for pennies on the dollar. He's the real deal. I think its one of those things if he wants to be the main guy he will get his chance. As good as they get.

I remember watching him let the guys know when they let them him down and encouraging them when they did well. He certainly did not like it when the guys threw picks and failed to run his offense as designed. That demanding style is what made him so effective.
That's what makes any coach effective. Holding people accountable is largely lacking in everything today to include football!

Reactions: ILOVETROJANFOOTBALL
That's what makes any coach effective. Holding people accountable is largely lacking in everything today to include football!

A leader with the respect of his players/students can operate that way. People buy in and want to please that person. To earn that respect, you have to know your stuff and be fair. I think he does a nice job with that balance. I'd guess he probably did that with the entire coaching staff as well as the players. That "edge" is what makes him great. Probably rubbed some the wrong way from time to time. You really want that kinda guy on your coaching staff though.

Reactions: ChrisRScoreMan
Will Oregon State start calling him or Nebraska? LSU may want him too!

I gotta imagine Chip Kelly will be the #1 candidate for most every legit program. Troy Taylor certainly moved up quickly from EWU to Utah, but I'm not sure he'll land a HC gig at a power 5 conference program so quickly. Might take another season or two with Utah's offense still impressing along the way...

That said, I think he'll be a good HC when he does get a shot. I was lobbying for Sac State to try to lure him from Folsom a few years ago before he became a hot commodity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT