ADVERTISEMENT

TWO GAMES OF THE WEEK------THE PICKS

Bluedog2

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2007
We have two games of the week this coming Friday night and they are both big games. Up north, we have Rancho Cotate 6-0 with Ukiah 4-1 and Cardinal Newman at 4-1 also....But its RC verse CN this Friday night and the winner will most likely be the league champ. Both teams have faced tough games and only CN was the loser in one to Liberty 31-14....But CN gave Liberty a battle and stuck with them in the first half, and now its RC, so both teams are well prepared.
Freedom travels to Liberty in game of the week two, and this is the Bell game...Also for a shot at first place...Freedom went on the defense against Antioch as well as did the Panthers and slugged it out to a 14-7 win for the Falcons. This game was close and at first it was thought that this may be a shoot out.
BUT, both teams buckled down and it was a case of breaks, as Antioch fumbled on the six yard line with four minutes to go that set up the winning TD on a one yard plunge...Now, Antioch's QB had the stomach flu, so he was at best at only 40 to 60%, a heathly Willem Karnthong just may have changed the out come.
Freedom 5-1 at Liberty 6-0......the pick.....Liberty 35 Freedom 27...Depending on who comes to play, this score could be the reverse....Both team have top QB's, a good running game and a passing attack, so its up to the defense to hold each other down.
Ranch Cotate 6-0 at Cardinal Newman 4-1.....The Pick.....RC 28 CN 20....This may not be a wild scoring game like last year...BUT, both teams knw how to score, so in this game also, it will be up to the defense to control the tempo of the game.

BIG GAMES
Monte Vista 4-1 at California 4-1.....The Pick...Monte Vista 31 California 24.....The Mustangs were shocked by Bishop O'Dowd's 17-16 win which was a wake up call, And now we have two teams at 4-1 and its a league battle, so nay thing can happen..
Ukiah 4-1 at Carrillo 3-2.....The pick.....Ukiah 34 Carrillo 24.....Carrillo at 3-2 is very dangerous and will do the unexpected...Ukiah must be sharp to hold onto a piece of 2nd place.
San Leandro 1-4 at Piedmont 4-1.....The Pick.....San Leandro 27 Piedmont 19...Although the Pirates are 1-4, it does not tell just what they can do as they have faced a tough preseason schedule..
Alameda 4-1 at Tennyson 4-1.....The Pick.....Alameda 35 Tennyson 27.....The winner takes over first place in the Shore league..
Grant 3-2 at Oakridge 4-1.....The Pick....Oakridge 41 Grant 24...Moving up to this league just may have not been a good idea, its like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire...

GAMES OF INTEREST
Acalanes 2-3 at Clayton Valley Charter 4-1.....The Pick.....CVC 41 Acalanes 13....When the Don's lost a 12-7 game to Las Lomas, it appeared they had a tough defense, but what was surprising was loosing to El Cerrito 33-30.
Dougherty Valley 4-1 at Amador Valley 4-1.....The Pick..... Amador Valley 33 Doughtery 21....DV has been the surprise of the Valley league...They knocked off Foothill and has ramsacked a few other teams....But now its Amador Valley and its their first big test.
Kelseyville 4-1 at Fort Bragg 2-3.....The Pick....Kelseyville 40 Ft. Bragg 18......Kelseyville sacked Middle town last week, but more of the same is coming up..
Sat. St. Mary's of Albany 4-1 at Salesian 2-3.....The pick.....St. Mary's 26 Salesian 21..this won't be an easy win for St.Mary's..
BVAL
Heritage 1-5 at Antioch 5-1.....The Pick.....Antioch 49 Heritage 8....You can bet that the Panthers will come out shooting after loosing a 14-7 game to Freedom..
Pittsburg 4-2 at Deer Valley 3-3.....The Pick.....Pittsburg 63 Deer Valley 13.....The Pirate scoring machine keeps on rolling and getting set for next week..
Freedom 5-1 at Liberty 6-0.....Liberty 31 Freedom 28

DIABLO FOOTHILL
Alhambra 2-2 at Campolindo 4-1.....The pick.....Campolindo 44 Alhambra 20...the Bulldogs were lucky in their victory over Livermore, but lady luck won't be at this game..
Acalanes 2-3 at CVC 4-1.....CVC49 Acalanes 13
Miramonte 4-1 at Northgate 1-4.....the Pick.....Miramonte 37 North Gate 18....the Bronco's with out Jack Fulp are not the same..

DIABLO VALLEY
Las Lomas at Concord 2-4....the Pick....Las Lomas 44 Concord 14...a long night for the minutemen
Benicia 3-2 at Mt. Diablo 0-6.....the pick.....Benicia 48 Mt. Diablo 6....Benicia may be a team to watch out for..
Collee Park 2-4 at Ygnacio Valley 2-2.....The Pick.....Ygnacio 19 CP 13...Both teams are struggling..

EAST BAY MOUNTIAN
Monte Vista 4-1 at California 4-1.....the pick....Monte Vista 31 California 24
San Ramon Valley 3-2 at Foothill 2-3.....the Pick.....SRV 44 Foothill 20...The Falcons are busy putting a team together and are taking their lumps

EAST BAY VALLEY
Dougherty Valley 4-1 at Amador Valley 4-1.....The Pick.....Amador Valley 33 Dougherty valley21
Granada 4-1 at Dublin 4-1.....The Pick.....Granada 28 Dublin 19....Granada lost a close one to California last week while Dublin was taking a beating...This should be a very interesting game...
Sat.....Livermore 2-3 at Eureka 6-0.....Eureka 44 Livermore 13...Livermore blew three TD's on Penalities to Alhambra, the Cowboys can afforded that type of football...

I heard Alhambra has a new player on there team that’s really good. No idea who or if he can play this week. But it’s given me something to look forward to.

I heard Alhambra has a new player on there team that’s really good. No idea who or if he can play this week. But it’s given me something to look forward to.
A while back, there was a player who could run like a rabbit, but he went to Texas...Maybe he came back??...

A while back, there was a player who could run like a rabbit, but he went to Texas...Maybe he came back??...
Not mentioned in a while are four teams that are yet to win a game..
Vine Valley----Napa 0-6....This is strange, as in the past Napa has been fielding winning teams for a very long time..
Diablo Valley…..Mt. Diablo 0-6....The red devils have such a mix of students and unfornately there are plenty of guys that could play football, but would rather handout. Its been years since Mt. Diablo has been able to field a wining team..
Mission Valley.....Newark 0-5 and Washington 0-6..Both teams are either on hard luck drawing guys for football or the talent has just run dry....

I saw on Max preps new player is T. Boyce. He played as a freshman and sophomore and then stopped playing. His freshman year they brought him up to varsity for the playoffs. Ive never seen him play but I’m told he played running back and returned punts and kickoffs and averaged 2-3 tds a game. His first game will be Oct. 5th. I’m curious why he stopped playing.

What a shame that CN vs Rancho is the first league game. That should be week 10 to decide it all. The winner definitely wins the NBL. Both teams have played some solid out of area teams to gear up for this game. I can't imagine more than 7 PTS will separate the winner. I'm going with the home team in this one. Newman 28 and Rancho 24.

I saw on Max preps new player is T. Boyce. He played as a freshman and sophomore and then stopped playing. His freshman year they brought him up to varsity for the playoffs. Ive never seen him play but I’m told he played running back and returned punts and kickoffs and averaged 2-3 tds a game. His first game will be Oct. 5th. I’m curious why he stopped playing.
That's a good question...When Boyce was a freshman, he was a holly terror, jus maybe he had a change ofheart.orhis parents didn't want him playing any more and they changed their mind also. This kid will make a big difference.if he gets the proper blocking.

What a shame that CN vs Rancho is the first league game. That should be week 10 to decide it all. The winner definitely wins the NBL. Both teams have played some solid out of area teams to gear up for this game. I can't imagine more than 7 PTS will separate the winner. I'm going with the home team in this one. Newman 28 and Rancho 24.
Larry... The last game on the league schedule would have been the right place for this import game...I'm with you....To settle the league champ in the first league isn't right.....But this is happening in three other leagues...Its possible that the two would not meet again for first place??

That's a good question...When Boyce was a freshman, he was a holly terror, jus maybe he had a change ofheart.orhis parents didn't want him playing any more and they changed their mind also. This kid will make a big difference.if he gets the proper blocking.
This kid is legit, he's a playmaker... reminds me a lot of Matthew Beck (that kid gave us nightmares...) I heard he stopped playing his bc of baseball. His little brother is currently attending DLS. He is probably the only kid that can properly cover a pass route since Alhambra's class of 15 or 16 teams.

This kid is legit, he's a playmaker... reminds me a lot of Matthew Beck (that kid gave us nightmares...) I heard he stopped playing his bc of baseball. His little brother is currently attending DLS. He is probably the only kid that can properly cover a pass route since Alhambra's class of 15 or 16 teams.
BOYCE is pretty good sized and if he is a defensive back, he will be just what Alhambra needs...The Bulldog pass defense has been terrible for years...I don't think that Alhambra has had a coach that can teach pass defense. for years. This guy is young, so there is no telling how he is going to turn out...And I hope he doesn't go to DLS...

Two other people have told me the same thing that Boyce and Beck are a lot alike. Beck was a great player. I’m told Boyce has an uncle that coaches at dls. And baseball is his main sport. Better late then never.

Two other people have told me the same thing that Boyce and Beck are a lot alike. Beck was a great player. I’m told Boyce has an uncle that coaches at dls. And baseball is his main sport. Better late then never.
For some reason, I was thinking that Boyce was a 10th grader, but he is a senior at 5-10 150 pounds...So the remainder of league play, he should have a big impact on the remaining games. With a little luck, his brother will come over to Alhambra from DLS, but that's wishful thinking...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT