ADVERTISEMENT

UNR Basketball

larry legend33

Hall of Famer
Silver Member
Dec 4, 2007
Reno is 9-0 and could run the table before NCAA tourney. Muscleman has done a really good job and that town is buzzing with hoop fever. What is going on with Jordan Brown though? He barely sniffs PT right now? I watched the end of that ASU game and he wasn't in rotation. I mean we are talking about a MCD All American. Is he hurt? I just had way higher hopes. i thought going to PP was going to give him that edge playing against all that talent?

Reno is 9-0 and could run the table before NCAA tourney. Muscleman has done a really good job and that town is buzzing with hoop fever. What is going on with Jordan Brown though? He barely sniffs PT right now? I watched the end of that ASU game and he wasn't in rotation. I mean we are talking about a MCD All American. Is he hurt? I just had way higher hopes. i thought going to PP was going to give him that edge playing against all that talent?

Transfer U. I think Brown will still make an impact later in the season and shine next year before his 10+ year pro career.

Not sure about a 10 year NBA career. He isn't even get minutes at UNR. With exception of the Martin twins its not like he is playing at Duke behind future lotto picks. Pretty disappointing so far. How many MCD all americans are playing as little right now?

Nevada is a really good team.....like Final Four type good. But the Musselman offensive system is a learning process. It took those guys like Caroline, and the Martin twins a season of redshirting to become comfortable with it.

You can't write off Jordan Brown just yet. Way too early, and sometimes in the middle of the season someone will step up to give the team a boost. Maybe after an injury or some disappointing play. I think Brown is capable of being that guy.

Patience Folks....not every player can play like Carmello Anthony their freshman year!

Its very early but its also a bit of a concern wouldn't' you say? Jordan Ford sat the bench at St mary's and now look at him. But keep in mind his expectations were much more in line w/ reality.
I just think we have a tendency to hype some of these kids up. He was a 6"11 Jr with all the skills in the world. Now he measures at 6"9 1/2. We tend to make a lot of players bigger than life. I was a big supporter of him playing at woodcreek his senior year. Did going to PP help him ? Doubtful.

Please don't compare him to Carmello. One of the all time biggest cancers the league has seen. Will never win anything except teammates who "WONT" have his back.

Its very early but its also a bit of a concern wouldn't' you say? Jordan Ford sat the bench at St mary's and now look at him. But keep in mind his expectations were much more in line w/ reality.
I just think we have a tendency to hype some of these kids up. He was a 6"11 Jr with all the skills in the world. Now he measures at 6"9 1/2. We tend to make a lot of players bigger than life. I was a big supporter of him playing at woodcreek his senior year. Did going to PP help him ? Doubtful.

Please don't compare him to Carmello. One of the all time biggest cancers the league has seen. Will never win anything except teammates who "WONT" have his back.

I'm not comparing him to Carmello. I was just saying not all people can be Carmello his freshman year at Syracuse. NBA Carmello is one thing, but in college Carmello did lead his team to a National Championship.

I'm not comparing him to Carmello. I was just saying not all people can be Carmello his freshman year at Syracuse. NBA Carmello is one thing, but in college Carmello did lead his team to a National Championship.

He has shown basically no improvement since his freshman year in HS. I think he can have a solid 4 year college career but he is not anywhere close to an NBA prospect.

I know... I'm only playing. I just hate Mello.

But yeah not a lot of improvement. Not explosive enough and he's not a stretch 4 or a traditional big. Gotta get better and adapt to the new NBA.

I know... I'm only playing. I just hate Mello.

But yeah not a lot of improvement. Not explosive enough and he's not a stretch 4 or a traditional big. Gotta get better and adapt to the new NBA.
I can tell you what it is, he is on a team of grown men!!! Their style of play is imposing their physical will on the other team and he is not there yet. Those other guys are all 4-5 years older than him and it shows. The other young guys on the team never take off their warmup tops. He plays more like a traditional 5, and for him to play that way he will have to get incredibly strong. But I must admit I am also shocked by the amount of time on the bench.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT