ADVERTISEMENT

USC gets talented hitter

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
USC has earned a verbal commitment from St. Francis-Mountain View 2017 INF Blake Diggle. He makes four commitments on the Lancers' squad next year, including three to the Pac-12.

One of the best hitters in the country IMO. The Trojans head coach is Dan Hubbs who was the pitching coach for Los Altos standout Eric Johnson at Cal. Johnson is now with the White Sox. Johnson's cousin happens to be young Diggle.

Great commit by USC, but watch out for UCLA's next recruiting class.

newborn_1700876c.jpg

Pretty funny...but seriously, how does the new Pac-12 ruling about assured scholarships impact baseball and will other conferences go that route? What is the impact?

Tired- I think this is a great new rule and hopefully will bring some sanity to recruiting. I hope it spreads to every conference.

Originally posted by NCSF:
Tired- I think this is a great new rule and hopefully will bring some sanity to recruiting. I hope it spreads to every conference.
Me too.

But I fear that as I think splitty said, it will further separate the "have's" from the "have not's." The Power-5 conferences (Pac12, SEC, ACC, Big10 and Big12) have so much more money now from football/basketball TV deals that I cannot see how the non-P5 schools can continue to compete on the same plane monetarily which affects ability to do this - especially in other sports where they are already losing money.

I love the Cinderella stories in college sports...Boise in football, Butler in basketball, Kent State in baseball, but I think they will soon become a distant memory.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT