ADVERTISEMENT

Wcal tonight?

Riordan 76 - Mitty 56 - Crusaders appear to be peaking but see plenty of obstacles from NCS in their path to the state - should be interesting.....

Riordan 76 - Mitty 56 - Crusaders appear to be peaking but see plenty of obstacles from NCS in their path to the state - should be interesting.....

Mitty may not be able to make CIF Open with that loss. That’s a blowout loss right there.

somewhat of a boring year in wcal. similar to football where Serra dominated, as Riordan is doing in hoops. Has there been a surprise upset this year ? SH came close to Mitty and a OT game here and there but thats it
Riordan runs open
Mitty runs D1
can Serra or SI go D2?

Go NINERS

It was 24-4 after the first q, also…. Props to Mitty for staying within hailing distance…. But the R was absolutely tearing it up that first quarter, scored the first 11,I think…. Zion 3, Zion jam, Zion 3, Hillman 3 off a Zion pass. That was , like, the first 90 seconds.

There miiiiiight have been one Mitty made FT during that amazing sequence.

Last edited:
It was 24-4 after the first q, also…. Props to Mitty for staying within hailing distance…. But the R was absolutely tearing it up that first quarter, scored the first 11,I think…. Zion 3, Zion jam, Zion 3, Hillman 3 off a Zion pass. That was , like, the first 90 seconds.

Yes. That one free throw was based on a very soft T called on Sensley for “hanging on the rim”

Reactions: kiddman32

what you described is the blueprint if Riordan wants to make it to state. The majority of their offense should be between Sensley and Hillman. Sprinkle in Mckenzie 3s and a fast break basket by Rencher and that should be it. Emeneke is only job is defend the middle and rebound. If he just focuses on that and getting quick outlet, I dont see anything less than being in Norcal final.

Forgot to mention how impressive Emeneke was. He has improved by leaps and bounds.

Forgot to mention how impressive Emeneke was. He has improved by leaps and bounds.

Emeneke’s offense is a work in progress, but similar to Mor Seck as a junior, his ability to protect the rim is invaluable. And not a lot of high school teams have a big like that.

If they put 1 seed with 4 and 5, Riordan would most likely have to deal with St Ignatius and probably SHP which will not be a picnic.

This is assuming the 2 seed is Mitty, and 3 seed is Serra. 6 seed probably one of Menlo Atherton, Branham and Half Moon Bay

Emeneke’s offense is a work in progress, but similar to Mor Seck as a junior, his ability to protect the rim is invaluable. And not a lot of high school teams have a big like that.

If they put 1 seed with 4 and 5, Riordan would most likely have to deal with St Ignatius and probably SHP which will not be a picnic.

This is assuming the 2 seed is Mitty, and 3 seed is Serra. 6 seed probably one of Menlo Atherton, Branham and Half Moon Bay
With the way Riordan is rolling SI and SHP don’t stand a chance. 20 point blowout, 24-4 during the first, sounds like it could have been ugly. This is a statement game and
I think Branson and Salesian will have to up their homework cause I personally feel Riordan will mop everyone, and possibly Mitty once again.

Reactions: ayalar09
Salesian is still the team to beat. Both Salesian’s and Riordan’s depth will be keys in the sectional opens and no other teams can match them.

Salesian is still the team to beat. Both Salesian’s and Riordan’s depth will be keys in the sectional opens and no other teams can match them.

And you can’t really count out Branson especially if Finley Keefe keeps playing the way he had all year. Butler and Carr the best guard duo in Norcal.

Final four for CIF Open had the potential to be one of the best ever. But you know upsets happen every year.

Went to the game yesterday. Great TEAM win! Riordan hit alot of 3s, substitution rotation was smooth. If they can get consistent shooting as a team, teams will have a hard time keeping up!

Emeneke did a great job neutralizing Ripp. Seck offered a lot of athleticism, but was never fully incorporated into the offensive scheme like Emeneke is. I don't know if that was coaching or players, but outside of a lob or putback, Seck really didn't contribute much on offense. Emeneke is way more involved on every play, whether he's getting touches or setting screens.

I think Bellarmine is the 6 and public schools get the bottom two seeds. The win over Clayton Valley is better than anything the other teams will have. The only even remotely comparable win I'd consider is Half Moon Bay over Whitney.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT