ADVERTISEMENT

WCJ: Still in scramble mode

We're still sorting it out, but here are the top Elite teams in no particular order...

Salesian
Sacred Heart Cathedral
Edison Stockton
Folsom
Beaverton OR
Elk Grove
Chaminade
Mitty
Miramonte
Campolindo
Carondelet
Vanden
BOD
West Campus
Cardinal Newman
Heritage
McClatchy
Kinkaid (TX)
Dimond AK
Prairie WA
South San Francisco
Sacramento
St. Mary’s Berkeley
St. Francis (Sacramento)

Clay
Sounds good a lot good teams.

Elite

Salesian
Mitty
Chaminade
Carondelet
Sac High
McClatchy
Campolindo
?????

As always, there are a lot of factors to take into account when setting up the Elite brackets ... and we're going to wait until December to finalize the brackets to we can look at early results.

Clay
Sounds good a lot good teams.

Elite

Salesian
Mitty
Chaminade
Carondelet
Sac High
McClatchy
Campolindo
?????
Respect, you still think this group Platinum division teams? Other teams to consider might be Folsom, West Campus, Heritage, Cardinal Newman, BOD?

Yes take out Clet and Mcc...
Put in West and Folsom
Put Clet and Mcc in the Gold with Elk Grove
So we can see Maile play some quality guards

Respect, you still think this group Platinum division teams? Other teams to consider might be Folsom, West Campus, Heritage, Cardinal Newman, BOD?
Top Bracket:
Mitty
Salesian
West Campus
Heritage
Miramonte
Sac High
Carondelet
Folsom

Chaminade is 2nd or 3rd bracket, they are not very good.
Campolindo is 2nd, lost two key players and are a 2 girl team

Top Bracket:
Mitty
Salesian
West Campus
Heritage
Miramonte
Sac High
Carondelet
Folsom

O'Dowd has been getting crushed lately.

I just want to see Maile play...
And since now I am back on the bay...
Might as be against some good competition...

Obviously this is weak tournament now...
No competition for Mitty at this one....

I just hope Harold and Clay don't put her
In the Sopak Division....aka the Diamond Division in Orinda....what a waste of gas money that thing is

I just hope Harold and Clay don't put her
In the Sopak Division....aka the Diamond Division in Orinda....what a waste of gas money that thing is
Hopefully Clay does the right thing this year and puts his team in the top bracket. No reason to play down unless you want to pad numbers. After all, they have a hand picked AAU team for 2020 and 2021 and the girl I consider the best point guard in the bay area for 2018.

I check this site sometimes, my daughter in college now, to see what's going on in the high school world. I keep seeing Malie's name thrown out in a disrespectful way. Have you ever met her... She is sooo sweet and respectful. I love her. She gets awesome grades and she puts in endless hours working on her craft. No matter what your opinion of her skill level she is going to play D1 basketball and get a college education because of her skill and her academic abilities. Sounds more like you don't like her dad. If that's the case just ignore it, but don't take it out on her. That's his daughter so he can boast about her as much as he wants. Is that not what us parents that have children to be proud of do anyway. ..... but stop taking it out on her!!!

I agree 100%...
Last yearhe said he needed Kelly
At Miramonte to run the Diamond
Division....probably his same position
Again

Top Bracket:
Mitty
Salesian
West Campus
Heritage
Miramonte
Sac High
Carondelet
Folsom

That is an excellent bracket, but would like to have one Southern California power in this bracket.
West Campus deserves to be in this bracket having beaten McClatchy. Since Sac High plays McClatchy for two (2) league games, keep these two teams in different brackets. Folsom plays both West Campus and McClatchy, both in the next nine days, so I would have Sac High in the Platinum division, Folsom in the Gold division, and McClatchy in the Diamond division

Or you have McClatchy in Gold (to play Elk Grove), and Folsom in Diamond. Based on common opponents:
McClatchy beat Pleasant Valley of Chico, 66-46 on neutral court on 12/01/17.
Folsom lost to Pleasant Valley of Chico, 59-57 on neutral court on 12/07/17.

Lol Sopak has his own division? Ironic
It would be ironic indeed if Sopak sets his squad up to win again in a lower bracket. Last season he had game 1 against undermanned Inkerkum team. He wanted nothing to do with SMS. My guess is this year he will want nothing to do with Mitty because he knows they cannot beat them. Forget getting better. It's about trophies regardless of the level it's earned.

Reactions: missing.link
Word on the street is that MM is going in the second bracket not the top one...

I check this site sometimes, my daughter in college now, to see what's going on in the high school world. I keep seeing Malie's name thrown out in a disrespectful way. Have you ever met her... She is sooo sweet and respectful. I love her. She gets awesome grades and she puts in endless hours working on her craft. No matter what your opinion of her skill level she is going to play D1 basketball and get a college education because of her skill and her academic abilities. Sounds more like you don't like her dad. If that's the case just ignore it, but don't take it out on her. That's his daughter so he can boast about her as much as he wants. Is that not what us parents that have children to be proud of do anyway. ..... but stop taking it out on her!!!
“Cheers” Queen Elizabeth has spoken! Agreed, I have a 3yr old I can’t wait for this. I have NEVER heard,seen a little teenage girl get ridiculed so much by adult men,women you all should be shameful of yourselves. Agree 100% any parent want to boast about their children so be it. Maile Williams is 1 of the Top players in this state! I’m Team Maile as well Jazzpt55! As well as many other kids in the area. Must be Sacramento citizens that hate cause most of the people are lame there. Yes you pathetic coaches,parents,fans, quit hating and taking it out on kids hiding behind a blog.

It would be ironic indeed if Sopak sets his squad up to win again in a lower bracket. Last season he had game 1 against undermanned Inkerkum team. He wanted nothing to do with SMS. My guess is this year he will want nothing to do with Mitty because he knows they cannot beat them. Forget getting better. It's about trophies regardless of the level it's earned.
I assume he runs from local comp and collects trophies for his closets. Perhaps waiting on sms and Mitty to rebuild which they will always be great!

I still don't get where anyone really "hated" on Maile... the worst I have heard was people wanting her team to play against an elite team to see how she matches up. That's not hate in my book. Don't know the lady, but allprep and topwatch are the ones setting up this circus.

Why you entertain the circus fella, she don’t have to prove with match ups she can play and being a d-1 prospect. I know that Lady spoke the truth! Facts! Take a hike fella

I'm a MM supporter, thus biased, but their placement seems about right. A competitive game is good for both development and entertainment, and their 2 6-point losses in Hawaii seem like good scheduling (albeit not at their behest). I don't know anything about the teams from Oregon and Alaska in their half of the bracket, but Vanden looks competitive despite losing the best player on the court in their last meeting (2 losses, but by 2 and 1 points). in the other half, CN, SF, and SHC, and Edison all look like worthy opponents.

MM is good but not an elite team this year. some don't realize that the Ionescu era was an aberration in their recent history. neither a 30-point win nor a 30-point loss is helpful, and hopefully they will experience neither.

I'm a MM supporter, thus biased, but their placement seems about right. A competitive game is good for both development and entertainment, and their 2 6-point losses in Hawaii seem like good scheduling (albeit not at their behest). I don't know anything about the teams from Oregon and Alaska in their half of the bracket, but Vanden looks competitive despite losing the best player on the court in their last meeting (2 losses, but by 2 and 1 points). in the other half, CN, SF, and SHC, and Edison all look like worthy opponents.

MM is good but not an elite team this year. some don't realize that the Ionescu era was an aberration in their recent history. neither a 30-point win nor a 30-point loss is helpful, and hopefully they will experience neither.
Vanden isn't very good. Miramonte would be a 15-20 favorite over them.

if you're right, I hope that the kids from Alaska are on par w MM, and that Vanden gets 2 close games after the first round. any idea how Blackshell-Fair is doing at Houston?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT