ADVERTISEMENT

Week 12 Scoreboard

What a game - San Marin wins 10-6 over Marin Catholic for league title.

But this game puts the final nail in my Pick'Ems coffin.

Reactions: MC415
2 years in a row MC picks up left over transfers QBs who couldn’t cut it at their current schools and 2 years in row in their biggest game the QB put in horrific performances

Isn’t MC’s starting QB the SI transfer? I heard he was injured a few weeks ago?
He played today, he has accuracy issues and is terrible under pressure……he will be fine, but MC can’t beat an elite team with him this year……San Marin is taking over the North Bay, Rolovich will be their starter next year and their JV team is 10-0…….MC lost their control of Novato players

He played today, he has accuracy issues and is terrible under pressure……he will be fine, but MC can’t beat an elite team with him this year……San Marin is taking over the North Bay, Rolovich will be their starter next year and their JV team is 10-0…….MC lost their control of Novato players
Newman has same issue. Great everywhere but QB.
You can’t win big games without a good QB. Not at this level. Never in my life would I think San Marin would be good. But I guess it terms of affordability Novato is as cheap as Marin County gets.

Newman has same issue. Great everywhere but QB.
You can’t win big games without a good QB. Not at this level. Never in my life would I think San Marin would be good. But I guess it terms of affordability Novato is as cheap as Marin County gets.
San Marin has been quality since 90s or even the Brad Muster days with a healthy winning robust pop Warner team…….but they don’t need to compete with Novato for players anymore and with the lights and buzz now they are keeping the top end Novato kids home instead of MC snapping them up…….Rolovich helping with the program has helped alot too

San Marin has been quality since 90s or even the Brad Muster days with a healthy winning robust pop Warner team…….but they don’t need to compete with Novato for players anymore and with the lights and buzz now they are keeping the top end Novato kids home instead of MC snapping them up…….Rolovich helping with the program has helped alot too

Yes SM was very good 70’-80’s when Treu and Zechlin were there. Had a drop off early 2000’s when Brackett was running things at Novato. But as you have pointed out big shift and not losing the kids to MC as much.

The amount of penalties on Marin Catholic was the main factor in the game, in my opinion. Almost all of the penalties were because of poor discipline, lots of huge 15 yards unsportsmanlike conducts, late hits, etc. Momentum shifting all day. To say the team didn't meet the moment would be entirely accurate. All sorts of chances. MC's QB is only a sophomore and didn't play well yesterday but he has lots of talent and will get better - he also dealt with their Center having a terrible day snapping the ball...atrocious. Their o-line isn't as good as last year and they also lost their best defensive lineman in Charley Seymore to injury a few weeks ago and he was a difference maker. Hats of to San Marin - Ingrassia is legit. They played a much cleaner game as well.

Last edited:
10-6 Final score? I was not there, but just looking at the score it could have gone MC’s way w/o the unsportsmanlike penalties…Both teams are in the NCS playoffs, right?

10-6 Final score? I was not there, but just looking at the score it could have gone MC’s way w/o the unsportsmanlike penalties…Both teams are in the NCS playoffs, right?
They will be likely #1 seeds in D3 and 4, MC won’t get past Newman if they are forced to throw the ball

Reactions: PatCarrillo
The amount of penalties on Marin Catholic was the main factor in the game, in my opinion. Almost all of the penalties were because of poor discipline, lots of huge 15 yards unsportsmanlike conducts, late hits, etc. Momentum shifting all day. To say the team didn't meet the moment would be entirely accurate. All sorts of chances. MC's QB is only a sophomore and didn't play well yesterday but he has lots of talent and will get better. Their o-line isn't as good as last year and they also lost their best defensive lineman in Charley Seymore to injury a few weeks ago and he was a difference maker. Hats of to San Marin - Ingrassia is legit. They played a much cleaner game as well.
The play calling was idiotic, your QB can’t handle the moment obviously and you have a D1 RB just feed him the ball 4 times inside the red zone why waste a play where the QB gets scared and takes a 20 yard sack and ruins the drive, MC needs to learn when their QBs suck just feed your D1 RB 25-30 times and stop taking those sacks

Reactions: PatCarrillo
The play calling was idiotic, your QB can’t handle the moment obviously and you have a D1 RB just feed him the ball 4 times inside the red zone why waste a play where the QB gets scared and takes a 20 yard sack and ruins the drive, MC needs to learn when their QBs suck just feed your D1 RB 25-30 times and stop taking those sacks
Keep in mind though that the Center sent a ton of snaps on the ground when the MC QB was in shotgun which threw all of the timing off, leading to way more pressure right when he picked up the ball. That was also a huge factor yesterday. Obviously, the Center didn't have a very good day. What was weird to me though is that you'd think when the MC defense was on the field (as they were a lot!), the snapper and QB would work on the snap on the sidelines but I never saw it. Just a weird, off day from MC all around, not doing the little things well and SM went out and took the game. Good for them.

That FUMBLE cost me the Pick’em trophy! Grrr! Had Westmont won this game, @EN_FB_Alum 10 pt pick, Leigh, would have sunk his weekly score and kept me (picking Westmont) ahead. Haven’t calculated the other pick’em scores, in case someone outside the top 4 overall did great this week and surpassed the top 4 contestants. But, I was counting on this game, having a feeling Leigh’s starting QB TJ Donaldson was still out. But his missing at QB didn’t matter as Leigh pulled off the victory. Credit and congrats to @EN_FB_Alum, who apparently had much better knowledge on how this game was going to play out.

Reactions: FBAddict
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT