ADVERTISEMENT

Week 2 Scoreboard

OR will have trouble with teams with speed. (I.e. Folsom and St. Mary's). Grant certainly had their chances. Too many flags, too. Also, surprised with their roster only at 30+ players. It's a long season especially in the tough SFL.
Jordan24...I think you are right and if Grant would have taken advantage of the speed, things could have been different...Fast teams will be real tough to stop......

Reactions: coachlittle
What a surprise that Oakridge ran nto so much trouble with Grant,the recovery saved them selves, but Oakridge shoud have came together and take down Grant...Grant played poorly and Oakridge took advantage of it and OR should have scored much more, but Grant will be hard to beat in the near future as they come together and played as a team...
The Pacer's playcalling was a real surprise to me. The objective should have been to turn the game into a track meet, for Oak Ridge has very little team speed and a small roster, in which several of their key guys are two-way players. The Pacers did very little to exploit the mismatches that their receivers/athletes had.

I do like Oak Ridges front-7. This was a good early game! Both teams have a lot to shore up!

Reactions: coachlittle
Couldn’t agree more. You guys should have been up 3 scores in first half. OR was in awe of speed and in 2nd half OR line started to wear pacers down. The punting for Pacers has to get better also. You guys are giving up way to many yards on those little pooch kicks.
If Parker and Topa didn’t get hurt (they missed a lot of snaps) you guys win.
OR has a lot of questions still and a very subpar passing game which I’ve talked about. And there big all league LB Gavin Molly got hurt with a leg injury that didn’t look good. He’s a key piece to that defense. Hope it’s not bad

It’s early. Pacers will be much better later season.
I agree. I hope #7 for OR is ok. He's a good player!

We may be in trouble in D1AA as well….. Helix was the #4 team in San Diego and They already Beat Edison (HB) and just smoked ST Francis….. This could be one of San Diego’s strongest years in recent memory with 4 legit teams in their open….
I’m not a “we” guy as I was raised and played in SoCal. I moved north in late 90’s and was genuinely shocked how different the level of football was between the north and south. (DLS, Grant, couple others aside) Take nothing away from those DLS/other teams they were great, but reality was most SoCal programs played for that SoCal title nothing else really mattered. NorCal had and has that kid brother complex. The state game/games really had very little importance to SoCal powers. That changed with a few DLS whoopings and media chatter. It’s not secret the talent in Socal, depth of talent, and coaching is better. I’m not saying NorCal can’t compete or has no talent, but it’s hard to make progress when every failure has a built in excuse, which seems the case up north.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT