Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Gunn at Monta Vista

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hillsdale at Santa Teresa

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2 games of interest to me.
1. Newman vs BOD. Newman has a lot of hopes for tipping the scales this year and beating MC but hasn't played anybody yet. BOD looks improved and has already wrestled with Monte Vista and Mack. The game is at Newman so I give a slide edge to CN but should be one of the better small school games in norcal. Newman will need to be able to pass a little and clean up the mistakes.

2. Jesuit vs Granite Bay. Both teams come in undefeated and this is Jesuits first game in the SFL and under theirnew lights. They didn't look very good against CB but that is a rivarly game so you never know. Granite Bay is a little bit of a sleeper right now. Lets see who is for real.....

No St. John Bosco @ Pittsburg ??

RUNNING.gif

Truth.

But in fairness to PITT, them playing against SJB is akin to SJB playing against a competent D1 college team. SJB would get rolled too.

If it were under the rules of yesteryear with kids "mostly" from the East Bay-Pittsburg area lining up against kids "mostly" from Bellflower, CA. I'd like the Pirates chances a lot better.

Reactions: Norcalguy111
2 games of interest to me.
1. Newman vs BOD. Newman has a lot of hopes for tipping the scales this year and beating MC but hasn't played anybody yet. BOD looks improved and has already wrestled with Monte Vista and Mack. The game is at Newman so I give a slide edge to CN but should be one of the better small school games in norcal. Newman will need to be able to pass a little and clean up the mistakes.

That's because you're a alumni homer. 🤣

Agreed...to have a tie for the top spot, and one of them includes Mack vs SRV...SMH
in all fairness. mack and srv always play a very close high scoring entertaining game so based on the past few years people might expect more of the same if there not closely following the two teams. this years game will be a defensive battle decided by a couple big plays one way or another. but will definitely be one of the closer games of the ones on this list.

Can't imagine Pittsburg keeping it any closer with SJB than Serra did.

Jesuit-GB was another option, but both have been on the pick'em schedule and will likely be on there again at some piont with SFL scheudle.

Not sure how close Monterey keeps it and Carmel was on the schedule last week so decided to mix it up

Reactions: NorCalSportsFan
Maybe, even probably, but:

Pitt can probably score on just about anybody.

SJB travels to NorCal two weeks in a row, they might not be at their best.

Even if it goes running-clock, an 84-37 game would be fun as heck to watch.

Besides, none of the other games look all that terrific... A few aren't too bad, but not obviously GOTW-worthy.

Besides, none of the other games look all that terrific... A few aren't too bad, but not obviously GOTW-worthy.
Pittsburg heads down there this week

Well of course but even if I wasn't its a top 20 matchup of 2 smaller school teams that look to be in place to make a nice run.

But honestly the Jesuit vs GB game to me is one I'm going to be attending.

Given up on OR already? I figured you'd stay near home for the DO v OR game. Or even the #2 versus #1 game at Folsom.

Worst case I thought you'd make the trek to Santa Rosa for the Newman game.

Carmichael surprises me. You'll have to give a detailed report how Friday night lights are there. I likely won't make it out to Loyola Field until next season, unless an interesting postseason match up takes place.

Reactions: larry legend33
Given up on OR already? I figured you'd stay near home for the DO v OR game. Or even the #2 versus #1 game at Folsom.

Worst case I thought you'd make the trek to Santa Rosa for the Newman game.

Carmichael surprises me. You'll have to give a detailed report how Friday night lights are there. I likely won't make it out to Loyola Field until next season, unless an interesting postseason match up takes place.
TR.... Oak Ridge is really in the "Crapper" this year. I thought it would be a tough year after losing that line from 2023. People didn't give them enough credit. That made that team so tough. Fast forward and you have a lot of soph and Jr's playing key roles and there starting QB broke collarbone so he's out until at least mid way thru league. Next year they will be strong if they can keep kids at OR instead of moving over to Folsom. Casey needs to find at QB though.

I've heard good things about Jesuit and the lights. The Rio game was packed and my buddy said completely diff atmosphere than day games. I'm thinking this one is packed as well. I will let you know how it goes.

Rocklin keeps it close early but then Folsom pulls away in 3rd. Too much speed and I get feeling Rocklin is down a little. The TE/DE kid who is at ARC is missed for one.

TR.... Oak Ridge is really in the "Crapper" this year. I thought it would be a tough year after losing that line from 2023. People didn't give them enough credit. That made that team so tough. Fast forward and you have a lot of soph and Jr's playing key roles and there starting QB broke collarbone so he's out until at least mid way thru league. Next year they will be strong if they can keep kids at OR instead of moving over to Folsom. Casey needs to find at QB though.

I've heard good things about Jesuit and the lights. The Rio game was packed and my buddy said completely diff atmosphere than day games. I'm thinking this one is packed as well. I will let you know how it goes.

Rocklin keeps it close early but then Folsom pulls away in 3rd. Too much speed and I get feeling Rocklin is down a little. The TE/DE kid who is at ARC is missed for one.
taylor is a top 3 best coach in northern california, its not close, and he deserves respect until proven otherwise. oak ridge will be just fine. they will finish second or third in the league this year.

taylor is a top 3 best coach in northern california, its not close, and he deserves respect until proven otherwise. oak ridge will be just fine. they will finish second or third in the league this year.
He's in the top tier no doubt and I don't see anybody arguing that. Fact is he has lost players to Folsom for stupid reasons. Guys that are willing to sit or play JV's at Folsom vs playing at OR. That says a lot.

OR will be middle of the pack this year at best. You are just shooting from the hip if you think they are right behind Folsom in the SFL this year. At this point they are a playoff bubble team as in they need 4 wins and they aren't going to come easy.

He's in the top tier no doubt and I don't see anybody arguing that. Fact is he has lost players to Folsom for stupid reasons. Guys that are willing to sit or play JV's at Folsom vs playing at OR. That says a lot.

OR will be middle of the pack this year at best. You are just shooting from the hip if you think they are right behind Folsom in the SFL this year. At this point they are a playoff bubble team as in they need 4 wins and they aren't going to come easy.
i didn't say they were right behind folsom. i said they would finish second or third in the sfl. the folsom game should not be particularly close as long as folsom shows up there normal selfs.

i didn't say they were right behind folsom. i said they would finish second or third in the sfl. the folsom game should not be particularly close as long as folsom shows up there normal selfs.
Are you that dense? 2nd in the SFL is right behind Folsom. Oak Ridge will be 40pt underdogs against Folsom.

• Haha
Reactions: THEOC89

Pitt's UCLA-bound 4 star FS/WR Jadyn Hudson also did not play against Riordan. Not sure what his status is for this weekend.

Reactions: Streak One
Are you that dense? 2nd in the SFL is right behind Folsom. Oak Ridge will be 40pt underdogs against Folsom.
what im saying is somebody has to finish second in the league. weather or not they are close to beating folsom. oak ridge is that team and yes as I already said I agreed the game this year should not be close when they play but that has nothing to do with oak ridge finishing second sense folsom will likely finish first and undefeated in the league

Can't imagine Pittsburg keeping it any closer with SJB than Serra did.

Jesuit-GB was another option, but both have been on the pick'em schedule and will likely be on there again at some piont with SFL scheudle.

Not sure how close Monterey keeps it and Carmel was on the schedule last week so decided to mix it up
I suspect Pitt's offense may be better (or at least more balanced) than Serra's, but the D may not be quite as good.

Tough to pin down Monterey at this point, but I don't suspect they're worse than either Christopher or Miramonte, both of which played competitive games against Carmel. This will probably be the last true challenge until the playoffs for the Padres.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT