ADVERTISEMENT

Week 9 Pick'em Nominations

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Crazy we are in Week 9 already! Some big games on the schedule this week

Hillsdale at Menlo, two 6-0 teams in showdown…

Chico at Pleasant Valley, probably two top dogs in their league.

Last edited:
Reactions: Streak One
St. Mary’s-Stockton at Tracy. Tracy kept up with Rocklin a few weeks ago and is IMHO the only real challenge to the Rams for the TCAL league title.

Last year Tracy was right there with St. Mary’s during the first half before the Rams went on a scoring spree. Similar was the case vs DLS last year. We all saw or heard what happened to the Rams in that rematch vs the Spartans. Could Tracy be ready for revenge, as well? Many in the Rams inner circle “think” Tracy played Tokay close this past Friday because they didn’t want to expose any plays they are saving for St. Mary’s.

I will definitely be attending this game in Tracy on Friday. Should be a really good one! If the Rams intend to hold onto the SDS D2 #1 seed, this is a must win. If Tracy is able to beat the Rams, it will definitely shake up the seedings for the SJS D2 playoffs.

GO RAMS!!!

Reactions: ThunderRam
DLS @ SRV - Game of the week
Chico @ Pleasant Valley - and it seems the game was changed from Thursday to Friday
Fall River @ Portola - Portola is undefeated and Fall River had an anomaly loss to Redding Christian
Rio Americano @ Vista del Lago - League deciding game although it might be a gimme pick'em game
Mt. Diablo @ Alhambra - A league deciding game
Turlock @ Downey - league deciding game
Foothill @ Johnson - league deciding game
Liberty Ranch @ Bradshaw Christian - league deciding game
Hilmar @ Escalon - League deciding game although it might be a gimme pick'em game
St. Mary's @ Tracy - League deciding game although it might be a gimme pick'em game
Hillsdale @ Menlo - Best two schools of the De Anza league - probably the league deciding game although TKA could have something to say about that.
Willow Glen @ Leigh - might be the league deciding game although Westmont is still in the hunt.

I like the Twelve Bridges @ Sutter game but it is scheduled for Thursday night.

Last edited:
Oak Ridge vs Granite Bay should be good over in EDH.
GB tough to figure out but when you have one of the best backs in norcal (carter jackson) anything is possible. OR has been very good against the run so I think they have the edge in this one. It’s against the pass they there secondary has had issues and they isn’t GB strengths

CC at Oakdale
Mater Dei at St. John Bosco Trinity League

Monterey Trail at Merced

Gustine at Le Grand

Windsor at Rancho Cotae

Reactions: MadDawgSS
You can't go wrong with the previously mentioned options.

Maybe Antioch 5-1 vs Liberty 4-2

Just noticed Calpreps has SRV favored over DLS by about a touchdown…

Question to the historians among us…. Has SRV ever beaten DLS?

Palma Vs Aptos, is the best match up the PCAL has to offer this week.

Capital Christian at Del Campo
Bella Vista at Yuba City
Turlock at Downey
Enochs at Pitman
El Capitan at Buhach Colony
Davis at Sheldon
Foothill at Johnson
Valley Christian at Argonaut
Chavez at Weston Ranch
Tokay at Lincoln
Johansen at Lathrop

DLS Speed is sneaky. Don’t think SRV will be able to throw like they have on other teams. I like DLS 24-14.
I agree, I think SRV is an excellent team and can Beat DLS but I do think DLS speed will be the difference….

You just can’t re-create that in practice and DLS defense has been playing well this year…..

Reactions: remc and concrete17
I agree, I think SRV is an excellent team and can Beat DLS but I do think DLS speed will be the difference….

You just can’t re-create that in practice and DLS defense has been playing well this year…..
I was very impressed with DLS against Folsom.
It wasn’t that close of a game. DLS will Control the clock and do what they do.

Reactions: remc and THEOC89
THE UNDEFEATED TEAMS entering this round...Portola 7-0 meets Fall Riverton continue being undefeated and maybe the league champ.
Twelve bridges at 7-0meets Sutter and may be dumped. Woodland Christian at 7-0, Rio American at 7-0 meets Vista Lal Lago and should be beaten by Visa Del Lago.
The 6-0 group......San Ramon 6-0..hostes the Spartans...This is the year of the Wolve and the SRV team reaches into the mojo and come up with the power to knockoff DLS 20-14.
Colusa 6-0, Pittsburg 6-0, the pirates keep rolling and take the league championship...Miramonte6-0, Las Lomas 6-0,,Marin Catholic 6-0 meets San Marin next week , both are 6-0, a real battle coming..
Cardinal Newmen at 6-0, Clear lake at 6-0,Alameda 6-0 and El Cerrito at 5-0.. There are 15 teams still left in the undefeated list. and we should loose three more...

THE UNDEFEATED TEAMS entering this round...Portola 7-0 meets Fall Riverton continue being undefeated and maybe the league champ.
Twelve bridges at 7-0meets Sutter and may be dumped. Woodland Christian at 7-0, Rio American at 7-0 meets Vista Lal Lago and should be beaten by Visa Del Lago.
The 6-0 group......San Ramon 6-0..hostes the Spartans...This is the year of the Wolve and the SRV team reaches into the mojo and come up with the power to knockoff DLS 20-14.
Colusa 6-0, Pittsburg 6-0, the pirates keep rolling and take the league championship...Miramonte6-0, Las Lomas 6-0,,Marin Catholic 6-0 meets San Marin next week , both are 6-0, a real battle coming..
Cardinal Newmen at 6-0, Clear lake at 6-0,Alameda 6-0 and El Cerrito at 5-0.. There are 15 teams still left in the undefeated list. and we should loose three more...
Marin Catholic and San Marin play each other last week of the regular season not next week

Reactions: FBAddict
Miramonte and Las Lomas play the last week of the season….. Both teams have to play Acalanes and Campo before then….

Neither team will beat Acalanes or Campo…. I have seen all those teams play in person and those 2 teams are significantly better then Las Lomas and Miramonte…..

Reactions: observer22
Just noticed Calpreps has SRV favored over DLS by about a touchdown…

Question to the historians among us…. Has SRV ever beaten DLS?
Kiddman...DLS beat SRV allball games..There was one in the high 1980's that SRV came of inches of beating DLS and SRVi believe lost by one point...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT