ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the winner for CCS????

Why then is bear creek in division 2? They would be done for the year had they been in division 1. They play Antelope who lost to Folsom by 34. Bear creek won their league. I'm confused, hoe come they didn't go d-1?

Reactions: northbaybbguru
MM would be out and get #1 seed in D1

and the party would would be on at 750 Moraga way in Orinda Ca.
haha, too funny! Let's put Bear Creek 7 then for big 1st round matchup with 2 Stockton teams.
1 Mitty
2 SMS
3 Folsom
4 Salesian
5 Pinewood
6 SJND
7 Bear Creek
8 Clet

Head to head would have Folsom 3rd, Salesian 4th, PW 5

True but that would be before taking into account what happens tonight and tomorrow. All the hypotheticals are entertaining. But the actual games will be the determining factor. And we can't really know for certain how they will all pan out before they are played. If someone is always right on determining that they should already be discussing things to better the world with Bezos, Adelson, Gates, Ka-shing, Jianlin, Walton family, Buffett, Winfrey, Ellison, and others. Not just using their gift to predict high school girls basketball. :)

Why then is bear creek in division 2? They would be done for the year had they been in division 1. They play Antelope who lost to Folsom by 34. Bear creek won their league. I'm confused, hoe come they didn't go d-1?
they got pushed down to D2 because of their school enrollment. there were 18 schools with higher enrollment than them that made it into SJS Division 1 playoffs. so bear creek, granite bay and inderkum all got pushed down.

Northbayguru says Pinewood returns everyone including a healthy Claros and is better, but so is Mitty even graduating 4 D1 kids. Mitty is better defensively and offensively than last year.[/QUOTE]
It is crazy to say that Mitty is better this year even after graduating 4 D1 kids. True testament to the coaching staff there. I totally understand that the loss of Blakes is huge, Nicole has become such a force with her length and speed. But if anyone can overcome her loss, it is Mitty.

True but that would be before taking into account what happens tonight and tomorrow. All the hypotheticals are entertaining. But the actual games will be the determining factor. And we can't really know for certain how they will all pan out before they are played. If someone is always right on determining that they should already be discussing things to better the world with Bezos, Adelson, Gates, Ka-shing, Jianlin, Walton family, Buffett, Winfrey, Ellison, and others. Not just using their gift to predict high school girls basketball. :)
That is why they play the games, right? obviously hypotheticals are the fun part of our predictions. If there are some upsets, obviously these potential seedings will change.

Reactions: Paytc
Northbayguru says Pinewood returns everyone including a healthy Claros and is better, but so is Mitty even graduating 4 D1 kids. Mitty is better defensively and offensively than last year.
It is crazy to say that Mitty is better this year even after graduating 4 D1 kids. True testament to the coaching staff there. I totally understand that the loss of Blakes is huge, Nicole has become such a force with her length and speed. But if anyone can overcome her loss, it is Mitty.[/QUOTE]

Mitty has 1 big advantage in that in every game they play they will always have the best player on the court. Goes a long way in basketball.

That is why they play the games, right? obviously hypotheticals are the fun part of our predictions. If there are some upsets, obviously these potential seedings will change.

And with that said this post season no one has been any hotter making picks that LBJ6.

LBJ6 who do you have winning the Open Division and other division state Championships?

It is crazy to say that Mitty is better this year even after graduating 4 D1 kids. True testament to the coaching staff there. I totally understand that the loss of Blakes is huge, Nicole has become such a force with her length and speed. But if anyone can overcome her loss, it is Mitty.

Mitty has 1 big advantage in that in every game they play they will always have the best player on the court. Goes a long way in basketball.[/QUOTE]
Great breakdown of the Mitty/Pinewood game by alwayslearning. I love hearing about the potential matchups and strategies for each game. northbay, can you breakdown the CN/Salesian game? what are the keys for both teams? In all accounts, this should be a very good one. Not sure if anyone on CN can handle Angel Jackson this year. Obviously the guard play of Flores and Cargill will be very important.

Northbayguru says Pinewood returns everyone including a healthy Claros and is better, but so is Mitty even graduating 4 D1 kids. Mitty is better defensively and offensively than last year.
It is crazy to say that Mitty is better this year even after graduating 4 D1 kids. True testament to the coaching staff there. I totally understand that the loss of Blakes is huge, Nicole has become such a force with her length and speed. But if anyone can overcome her loss, it is Mitty.[/QUOTE]

When you return 2 High major D1 kids and another mid major kid you aren't going to miss those 4 D1 kids especially when 2 of those D1 kids probably were really D2 kids. 2 High major kids on one team equals ALOT of success, not saying the coaching staff isn't good.

The easiest method for a committee pushed for time is the computer rankings, with section titles being second. You have to actually look at each team's schedule to find head-to-head.

One would hope that they would at least take head to head into account for the Open division. Obviously they won't have time to do that for every team in every division in both NorCal and SoCal for both sexes.

Pinewood didn't actually return everyone this year. They lost four seniors, two of whom (Topper and Hackson) were major contributors. So it's also a tribute to the Pinewood coaches that they just keep rolling.

My prediction for tonight is that Mitty will win, but only if they avoid foul trouble. I don't actually think Mitty is as deep as everyone gives them credit for, especially their bigs. That's why the loss of Nicole Blakes is so important. Specifically though, if Haley Jones and Charisma Ortiz stay out of foul trouble, I think Mitty will win, maybe even by 15 or 20. The reason I think they may win by that much is because Pinewood relies more on outside shooting, and that can be problematic for high school teams playing in big venues. Santa Clara isn't as daunting as the big one in Sac (whatever it may be called this year), but it is definitely a harder adjustment for shooters than an unfamiliar high school gym. And if Pinewood gets down and has to try to shoot their way back into it, they could have a problem. Mitty 71 - Pinewood 54.

Have you ever heard of Aquira Decosta? Finalist for national poy on all polls!!!!
of course. I am a huge Aquira fan, such a nice kid and family. I am so happy she has stayed healthy all year and has come back stronger than ever after injuring her knee last season. They shouldnt have a problem with Folsom tomorrow. And hopefully they get a 1 or 2 seed in Open. last season got screwed and had to go to Mitty, and season before that, got upset against Pinewood. Aquira's senior season! they should get a shot at both Pinewood and Mitty again, I'm sure they want some revenge after last 2 seasons. Losing their big 3 after this season should hurt them, but good programs and good coaches usually figure out a way, will be interesting next season for them.

Mitty still has to be the favorite to win this game tonite. Pinewood will get shots and will make their share of 3's. The issue is can they play 4 quarters and maintain a high level of play. I don't think their bench is quite ready to really give a big boost against Mitty's depth and physicality, even without Blake's Mitty can continue to throw bodies at you. Bri Claros is the real key, if she has a great game they have a chance to compete because she is the one who can break down Mitty's perimeter defenders. I don't see Jump being a factor as Mitty will make sure she is shadowed with a lot of length. I don't think they have anyone outside of Astrom or Claros that can give them 10-15 points vs Mitty's defense for 4 quarters. Oh and then there is Haley Jones, how can I forget about her?! Pinewood will try to defend her with smaller guards and bring help with their size in Copeland, Astrom, Jump and freshman Williams. 4 quarters of Haley Jones and Karisma Ortiz is tough to handle. Watch out for Miyahara tonite, she is the one player that can match any kid on Pinewood 3 pointer for 3 pointer. While doubling Jones and Ortiz Miyahara just might hit 6 or 7 threes tonite. It should be entertaining for sure.
If Pinewood comes out and hits their first 5 or 6 shots and has a 20 plus point 1st quarter they may get the confidence they need. It will be a tall task. Northbayguru says Pinewood returns everyone including a healthy Claros and is better, but so is Mitty even graduating 4 D1 kids. Mitty is better defensively and offensively than last year.

Right, Mitty still will have the 2 best players on the court and a better supporting cast. Let's not jump the gun and assume Pinewood will win because Blake is out

And with that said this post season no one has been any hotter making picks that LBJ6.

LBJ6 who do you have winning the Open Division and other division state Championships?
Even with injury, no one is getting in the way of the Mitty Train this year.
I think this is the most vulnerable C-LET has been in a LONG time. but they have just enough to get by heritage who I love. That will be fun one tonight that I want to make it to.
I am going to take O dowd over MM in a tight one. Think O dowd gives some matchup problems this year.
Salesian beats CN by 10.
SJND should handle arcata by 10 to 15
Bear Creek wins over Antelope.
SCHP big over ND

Don't have enough knowledge of the other match ups to pretend like I can make a pick on them.
Mitty 73- Pinewood 64
C-LET 70- Heritage 62
O dowd 65-MM 62
Salesian 60- CN 50
SJND 68- Arcata 52
Bear Creek 75- Antelope 73

These will probably be all wrong but hey it was fun

Reactions: basketba11
haven't seen BOD, but MM is vulnerable to strong post (help is on perimeter, trapping) or explosive guard (a lethal weapon splitting the trap). MM is prone to run hot/cold in any given quarter, and that may not play well from here on. I hope it's a close game, and MM wins. if not, will console myself with a party.

Have you ever heard of Aquira Decosta? Finalist for national poy on all polls!!!!

Aq.D is DEFINITELY a generational talent along with Haley Jones.
They both are truly exceptional.
For me the difference.... is that HJ has the ball in her hands and AD doesnt.
HJ is a modern day female Magic Johnson who if she had to could play the 4 in a pinch and be a pretty darn good rebounder/shot blocker Id imagine.

I know you are a big SMS fan...if SMS and Mitty play how about puting in a word with TomG and have Aquira guard Haley...the best vs the best...I think the entire country would like to see that.

Reactions: observer22
Cedeno is not playing tomorrow. Ankle injury. SSF beat Soquel Wednesday without her but I still think SSF is a better team than Aptos.

Without Cedeno SSF has little chance of beating Aptos. Aptos is much better than Soquel. If the game is close Cedeno is the potential X-factor. It is unfortunate she will not play.

Right, Mitty still will have the 2 best players on the court and a better supporting cast. Let's not jump the gun and assume Pinewood will win because Blake is out
I don't think anyone is jumping the gun and assuming Pinewood going to win since Blakes is out. But I think it is definitely up for discussion now. With Blakes, think Mitty big favorite. But SMS was a big favorite over Pinewood 2 years ago too, and they went into SMS gym and upset them. I dont think a Pinewood win this time around would be such an unbelievable upset. Everyone knows how well they are coached and IQ in this game against Mitty is paramount. Must know how to handle their pressure and traps. Pinewood probably most equipped to do just that more than any other team around and can get open shots if able to move the ball and limit turnovers. I think the key is defensively, they need to have a very good game plan to slow down Haley Jones and Ortiz, and hope Miyahara has off shooting game. Last year at Santa Clara, played them pretty tough, but not quite enough weapons. I think this game could play out very much the same way. I am predicting Mitty by 8 points.

It’s confirmed Cedeno isn’t playing tomorrow? Super unfortunate. To me it’s two of the best four public schools in CCS head to head (along with MA and Silver Creek with both Augmons.) and would’ve loved to see both teams at full strength.

SSF did look good vs Soquel without her BUT Soquel doesn’t have the guard play Aptos does and couldn’t handle the press.

It’s confirmed Cedeno isn’t playing tomorrow? Super unfortunate. To me it’s two of the best four public schools in CCS head to head (along with MA and Silver Creek with both Augmons.) and would’ve loved to see both teams at full strength.

SSF did look good vs Soquel without her BUT Soquel doesn’t have the guard play Aptos does and couldn’t handle the press.

Cedeno makes a huge difference and seeing her play against M-A and Aragon really shows a strong PG when playing against tough teams. Wish she would be there on the court tomorrow because I dont think Aptos would have stopped her or the team.

I think you are underestimating Aptos a little. 3 very good players all averaging 15 ppg and solid roll players AND I was at game last year where they out scored SSF by 20 in 2nd half with Cedeno who didn’t look hobbled.

Even with Cedeno it would be a pick em game. Look at the Max Prep breakdown. Teams are super similar. Similar beat downs by Presentation and similar loses to Dublin and Heritage.

I think you are underestimating Aptos a little. 3 very good players all averaging 15 ppg and solid roll players AND I was at game last year where they out scored SSF by 20 in 2nd half with Cedeno who didn’t look hobbled.

Even with Cedeno it would be a pick em game. Look at the Max Prep breakdown. Teams are super similar. Similar beat downs by Presentation and similar loses to Dublin and Heritage.
She was injured and injured pretty bad.

Aptoshoops/-where were the Augmon Sisters for Silver Creek all season? Why didn't they play all season? That is a pretty good team with them!!!

Last year, Cedeno was clearly compromised vs. Aptos. She could not go to the basket. Her quickness was gone. Her lateral movement was negated. Her defense and rebounding suffered too. She was a shell of herself in that contest. However, Aptos was, and is, far from chopped liver. Without Cedeno, SSF is still a very physical team that will compete. In the end, edge to Aptos today.

Cedeno is not playing tomorrow. Ankle injury. SSF beat Soquel Wednesday without her but I still think SSF is a better team than Aptos.

Hope Brittany fully recovers soon. Best wishes to her and her team(s) moving forward. She has been a player I have enjoyed watching since she was in the 3rd or fourth grade. She plays the game the way it should be played.

What tends to get overlooked about Cedeno sometimes is her defense. When SSF pressures, she roves, seeking to cause havoc by double-teaming, over-playing weaknesses, tipping passes, jumping into passing lanes and floating, much like Chris Mullin back in the day. When healthy, she is disruption personified.

Reactions: Paytc
Even with injury, no one is getting in the way of the Mitty Train this year.
I think this is the most vulnerable C-LET has been in a LONG time. but they have just enough to get by heritage who I love. That will be fun one tonight that I want to make it to.
I am going to take O dowd over MM in a tight one. Think O dowd gives some matchup problems this year.
Salesian beats CN by 10.
SJND should handle arcata by 10 to 15
Bear Creek wins over Antelope.
SCHP big over ND

Don't have enough knowledge of the other match ups to pretend like I can make a pick on them.
Mitty 73- Pinewood 64
C-LET 70- Heritage 62
O dowd 65-MM 62
Salesian 60- CN 50
SJND 68- Arcata 52
Bear Creek 75- Antelope 73

These will probably be all wrong but hey it was fun
So close

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT