ADVERTISEMENT

Why was the Sky vs Mystics Ticket sales capped at 10K but not for Fever vs Mystics? Let's talk about it

GBBall4L

Sports Fanatic
Dec 15, 2019
There has been a whole lot of hoopla about Caitlyn Clark selling 23k against the Mystics but Angel Reese and Sky "Only" selling 10k in Washington against the Mystics. Well it turns out the game was capped at 10K so they didn't even give the Chicago Sky a chance to post a higher attendance number on the Mystics home court. Why is that??? Just curious what you all think?

Tyler Byrum from Monumental Sports Network who commentates Mystics games called that game and posted it the same night that it was capped 🤷🏿‍♂️

View: https://x.com/theTylerByrum/status/1798878419821740103?t=VpRgoTgYn_Xn49yTN9KAmQ&s=19

Good question... All they did was cost themselves money.
I agree. I'm not saying they would have did Indiana Fever numbers but when I found this out it was confusing. In the end you just lose money. The WNBA as a whole is doing better numbers.

Reactions: observer22
I thought of that, since the arena is set up in levels similar to Golden 1, where they don't open the top level for certain events, such as the state hoops tourney.

The difference, though, is that they should have seen the demand coming for Caitlin's game and gotten the needed staff to run things. It's not like it's some big secret that she's a big draw...

Could be a staffing issue, but yes it feels like a missed opportunity

You play dominoes.. u know the line.. all money ain't good money cuzzo
True that but it makes me wonder. How you could turn down revenue. Angel Reese is from Maryland and she draws big numbers. Would have been a great chance to add to Mystics bottom line and revenue from not only gate but concession stands as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT