ADVERTISEMENT

Section 7 - Arizona

ArmchairGOAT

Hall of Famer
Dec 8, 2019
NorCal Results from Friday:

Salesian , Riordan, Clovis North, Valley Christian-SJ, DeLaSalle, Mitty, St. Ignatius, Dublin, San Ramon, Clovis West and Oakland Tech all advance in their respective brackets.

Consolation Brackets:
Bishop O’Dowd, Modesto Christian, Inderkum, Branson, San Joaquin Memorial, Sheldon

Last edited:
Saturday's championship Bracket matchups:
  • Clovis West vs San Tan Charter 9:15am
  • Salesian vs. St. John Bosco 10:30am
  • St. Ignatius vs Casteel 11:45am
  • Riordan vs. Sierra Canyon 11:45 am
  • Dublin vs Herriman 1pm
  • OTech vs Davis 1pm
  • Mitty vs Campbell Hall 1pm
  • Clovis North vs TBA 3:30pm
  • San Ramon vs Brophy 8:30pm
  • DeLaSalle vs North Tampa Christian 8:30pm

Reactions: M.C. fan
Saturday's Results:
Championship Bracket Play:
  • City of Glendale Bracket - Salesian 68 St. John Bosco 58; Salesian 48 Owyhee 58. Salesian plays Harvard Westlake for 3rd place on Sunday
  • Legacy Foundation Bracket - Riordan 68 Sierra Canyon 52; Riordan 69 Redondo Union 57. Riordan plays Milennium for the Championship on Sunday.
  • AZ Family Bracket - Clovis North 75 Auburn 40; Clovis North 86 Loyola 69. CN plays St. Anthony for the Championship on Sunday
  • Willmeng Construction Bracket -
    • Dublin 55 Herriman 48; Dublin 62 Campbell Hall 72. Dublin plays for 3rd place vs OTech on Sunday
    • Oakland Tech 81 Davis 74; OTech 57 Rolling Hills 62
    • Mitty 69 Campbell Hall 75.
  • AZ Athletic Bracket - Clovis West 75 San Tan Charter 72; Clovis West 65 Central 63. CW plays St. Bernard for the championship on Sunday.
  • Amazon Bracket - St. Ignatius 61 Casteel 65. TBD - play underway
  • AZ STA Bracket -
    • San Ramon 55 vs Brophy 48 SRV plays North Tampa for the Championship
    • DLS 38 vs North Tampa 41 . DLS plays Brophy for 3rd place
  • Mayo Clinic Bracket - Valley Christian-SJ 55 Ala UT 43; VC 49 Canyon 75, VC plays Foothill for 3rd place on Sunday.

View: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8i77k4OymY/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Last edited:
Can’t believe im saying this. I wasn’t going to say it, but I’m going to say it.

Riordan might be the best team in California…..Prep Schools included.

Unless Prolific really loads up, I mean Rencher, Hillman, Emeneke, Bush, Tofi and now you add TT Carr to that mix……it’s a plethora of riches.

Last edited:
Can’t believe im saying this. I wasn’t going to say it, but I’m going to say it.

Riordan might be the best team in California…..Prep Schools included.

Unless Prolific really loads up, I mean Rencher, Hillman, Emeneke, Bush, Tofi and now you add TT Carr to that mix……it’s a plethora of riches.
Are you stating that Riordan has the best team or are you really saying that they have the most talent? Just this past season I read on this forum that Riordan was going to be the best ever (I'm paraphrasing) with 9 D1 players on the roster and 4 senior transfers (or was it 5?); only to watch them lose twice to the best TEAM in Northern California. I think Riordan has a great deal of talent again with three or four senior transfers chasing a ring, but not sure I would consider them the best team this early. The kids will settle it on the court anyway, and hopefully at Gridley.

Riordan definitely has alot of nice players
In place and after going thru a deep playoff
Run last season only stands to help them
from a togetherness standpoint. let's see how it plays out but they have a chance to
Have a special season for sure.How about
The EBAL teams serving notice at section
7 SRV in the finals and Dela And dublin
Both in 3rd place games.

Riordan definitely has alot of nice players
In place and after going thru a deep playoff
Run last season only stands to help them
from a togetherness standpoint. let's see how it plays out but they have a chance to
Have a special season for sure.How about
The EBAL teams serving notice at section
7 SRV in the finals and Dela And dublin
Both in 3rd place games.
NorCal teams have performed well at Section 7. Oakland Tech, Salesian, San Ramon, etc. They've all done well.

I'm here at Section 7. Salesian is still good. San ramon valley is real good. Riordan is on another level right now tho.

Millenium-AZ beats Riordan 72-58. R goes 3-1 and looked good. Glad all of the NorCal teams are showing well. Looks like another Branson player was on Riordan's roster here @ Section 7 and played well. Can anyone confirm this?

I think it makes a huge difference that a lot of the Riordan players minus Carr have played together for awhile now. Carr is playing with Emeneke on the Soldiers so they will have some chemistry.

Team chemistry is as important, if not more important than the actual talent on the floor!

Millenium-AZ beats Riordan 72-58. R goes 3-1 and looked good. Glad all of the NorCal teams are showing well. Looks like another Branson player was on Riordan's roster here @ Section 7 and played well. Can anyone confirm this?

Could be DJ Armstrong who is a really good 2026. If Riordan got him too….then wow.

Millenium is probably the no 1 team in Arizona, similar to Riordan. They have a kid named Cameron Holmes who is really special, and are extremely well coached Ty Amundson

that's the case for alot of high level high school programs. success at any level has to come with buy in And accountability let's see how it plays Out without assuming the worse!

that's the case for alot of high level high school programs. success at any level has to come with buy in And accountability let's see how it plays Out without assuming the worse!
there is no assumption... they have had the most talent for 4 years or so now.

Coaching is so crucial to buy in. I think Mellis from Salesian, Kennedy from Mitty, and Amundsen from Clovis North are as elite as they come in terms of coaching. I would argue Amundsen is the cream of the crop given the talent he is able to win with. Don't get me wrong the kids can all ball and many end up playing in JC/D2 but nothing like what these others get. 32 min HS game I like my chances going with teams like Salesian. They were like DLS with Alloco.

Could be DJ Armstrong who is a really good 2026. If Riordan got him too….then wow.

Millenium is probably the no 1 team in Arizona, similar to Riordan. They have a kid named Cameron Holmes who is really special, and are extremely well coached Ty Amundson
DJ Armstrong did indeed transfer to Riordan and played in Arizona. Kirby Seals, who I believe was Santa Cruz HS best player, also transferred to Riordan for his senior year as reported by Ethan Kassel (very athletic 6'5 wing). Coach Curtin and company will be incredible to watch. Hopefully, they have some extra backboards in the cave as I suspect with all the high flyers a few may be shattered! Any truth to the rumor that Dunkin' Donuts wants a jersey sponsorship?😎

Reactions: ayalar09
DJ Armstrong did indeed transfer to Riordan and played in Arizona. Kirby Seals, who I believe was Santa Cruz HS best player, also transferred to Riordan for his senior year as reported by Ethan Kassel (very athletic 6'5 wing). Coach Curtin and company will be incredible to watch. Hopefully, they have some extra backboards in the cave as I suspect with all the high flyers a few may be shattered! Any truth to the rumor that Dunkin' Donuts wants a jersey sponsorship?😎

Yeah, he was Branson’s last good player left.

This is what I don’t get. You transfer from somewhere you know the system, you know you’re going to get all the minutes you could possibly want and it’s not like Branson is some random school. They have as good if not better basketball pedigree than 99% of schools in California.

Carr, I get, senior year, wanted to play a national schedule and the only two places he’d get that in the Bay Area are Prolific and now probably Riordan.

Only 5 starting spots on a team that has about 7-8 guys that could start anywhere else. But they chose to sit on the bench for Riordan……

Yeah, he was Branson’s last good player left.

This is what I don’t get. You transfer from somewhere you know the system, you know you’re going to get all the minutes you could possibly want and it’s not like Branson is some random school. They have as good if not better basketball pedigree than 99% of schools in California.

Carr, I get, senior year, wanted to play a national schedule and the only two places he’d get that in the Bay Area are Prolific and now probably Riordan.

Only 5 starting spots on a team that has about 7-8 guys that could start anywhere else. But they chose to sit on the bench for Riordan……
Nobody has mentioned any SJS teams out there. Looks like MC went 3-1, Destiny Christian 4-0 (formerly CC), Jesuit 2-2 and Sheldon 0-4. Might be missing 1-2 teams but that’s what I saw on the brackets.

Nobody has mentioned any SJS teams out there. Looks like MC went 3-1, Destiny Christian 4-0 (formerly CC), Jesuit 2-2 and Sheldon 0-4. Might be missing 1-2 teams but that’s what I saw on the brackets.
Destiny went 3-1 not 4-0. Lincoln 3-1, inderkum 3-1

🟣🌧️💵💰💵💰💵💰💵💰💵💰🟣🌧️

Riordan is going to be special. They have all the pieces to be one of the best in NorCal. I still think that Salesian is the best team right now. At section 7 Salesian played in the top bracket, they played Bosco, Harvard Westlake, Owyhee, and Winward. Riordan played lesser competition except Millennium. Both Salesian and Riordan have several D1 prospect, let wait and see them play each other at Gridley.

Reactions: ayalar09
What are you talking about. As of right now. We are talking section 7 only. Inderkum has better team than Jesuit. Now things can change when the season starts. Jesuit was winning so it's not like they are horrible.

Riordan is going to be special. They have all the pieces to be one of the best in NorCal. I still think that Salesian is the best team right now. At section 7 Salesian played in the top bracket, they played Bosco, Harvard Westlake, Owyhee, and Winward. Riordan played lesser competition except Millennium. Both Salesian
Riordan's bracket was also loaded with Roosevelt, Mater Dei, Sierra Canyon, Redondo Union, Bishop Gorman, St. Joseph, Orem and Centennial Corona along with Milennium

Was at Section 7 and watched some great basketball and witnessed incredible plays. That dunk by Riordan TT Carr was quite impressive. Riordan looks like the team to beat in NorCal and looked unbeatable, simply came across a juggernaut in Millineum in championship game. Salesian looked very solid beating Bosco, though Bosco missing their best player. And San Ramon Valley looked very good and could be better than last year, beating Notre Dame Sherman Oaks along with Brophy AZ. Though they lost championship game in OT and didn’t have answer for North Tampas two bigs down low. NorCal basketball should be very exciting this season with lots of good talent and quality teams! Looking forward to more great basketball this weekend at Cali Live!

Reactions: CoachRandal
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT