ADVERTISEMENT

Windward vs Sierra Canyon Live Free Ustream 5:30PM

It looks like Sierra Canyon was pretty good after all. Too bad they weren't able to attend the Nike TOC to make that event and their own challenge a bit tougher. I'll have to see how SJ, MCD, Centennial, BN, and all top 10 ranked teams finish out the season. That is when I'll put out my final SOS poll.

Clovis West vs Sierra Canyon and Pinewood vs Salesian during the preseason were not all necessarily expected to reach the final 4 of the Open. I did anticipate Pinewood would make another run at the championship being that they returned arguably their best two players. That is why considering how a team finishes the prior season ( when they return 4 of their 5 starters and has good coaching) has to be taken into account. And I ranked Salesian #2 in Norcal in the preseason because they too returned with an experienced, deep, talented, and well coached team. Regardless to any of the hype, it won't be easy to beat either of the Socal finalist.

Best wishes to our two Norcal finalist !

Last edited:
It looks like Sierra Canyon was pretty good after all. Too bad they weren't able to attend the Nike TOC to make that event and their own challenge a bit tougher. I'll have to see how SJ, MCD, Centennial, BN, and all top 10 ranked teams finish out the season. That is when I'll put out my final SOS poll.

Clovis West vs Sierra Canyon and Pinewood vs Salesian during the preseason were not all necessarily expected to reach the final 4 of the Open. I did anticipate Pinewood would make another run at the championship being that they returned arguably their best two players. That is why considering how a team finishes the prior season ( when they return 4 of their 5 starters and has good coaching) has to be taken into account. And I ranked Salesian #2 in Norcal in the preseason because they too returned with an experienced, deep, talented, and well coached team. Regardless to any of the hype, it won't be easy to beat either of the Socal finalist.

Best wishes to our two Norcal finalist !
When you talk to intelligent folks in the know most will tell you Steve Pezzola and Doc Sheppler are the two best coaches in N. Cal. Not recruiters, but coaches. It makes sense that when given time to prepare both can go on the road and upset teams which are far superior from a talent standpoint. The 3rd name which gets thrown out as a top coach is Mr. Blythe.

Reactions: Paytc
When you talk to intelligent folks in the know most will tell you Steve Pezzola and Doc Sheppler are the two best coaches in N. Cal. Not recruiters, but coaches. It makes sense that when given time to prepare both can go on the road and upset teams which are far superior from a talent standpoint. The 3rd name which gets thrown out as a top coach is Mr. Blythe.

Doc is hands down one of the top coaches (complete package) in Norcal. He does more with little than almost everyone. Donovan is also a do much with little. I was not always sold on him, but I did see him in action at a practice and at one of the USA basketball clinics. He does a fine job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT