ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Tournaments at North Davidson for 2007

Head_Lever

Sports Fanatic
Oct 14, 2006
Dear Wrestling Coaches,

Hello, my name is Danny Crotts and I hope that this post finds you all doing well and having a wonderful wrestling season. I am the head wrestling coach at North Davidson Senior High in Lexington, North Carolina. We will be hosting two tournaments in December and I am posting this to invite you to attend either/both tournaments. I am sure few are working on their schedule for 2007 already, but I just wanted to give a heads up for the following dates: Saturday December 1st, Friday December 21st and Saturday December 22nd. I am inviting teams from the following states: North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Maryland, Ohio, Oklahoma, Kentucky, New York, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Maine, Kansas, Minnesota, Massachussetts, California, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Washington, Louisiana, Deleware, Mississippi and Pennsylvania.

The first tournament will be the Black Knight Duals, to be held on Saturday, December 1st, 2007. I am looking for 10 – 12 teams. This was how we did King of the Mat this past year and it went rather smoothly in my opinion. I will have 4 mats going in the main gym; we will split it up into pools and then cross pool to determine place. Morehead won this tournament in 2006. I can guarantee 5 matches per team for the day.

Teams Confirmed as of this post:
1. North Davidson
2. East Davidson
3. Fay. 71st
4. Magna Vista, VA
5. Douglas Byrd
6. St. Clair County, AL

The next tournament will be King Of The Mat to be held on Friday December 21st and Saturday December 22nd of 2007. I would like to get 24 teams, though I will take up to 32 teams. I have 2 gyms to use and will have 5 mats in the main gym and 3 in the auxiliary gym. I have not yet decided if I will use our Cafeteria to host matches or not, I’d like to try to keep us all as close as can be.

Seeding will be based on a 10 match minimum with State placement from the previous year and total matches to help determine winning % ties.

This will not be a double elimination tournament. I would like to place as far back as the number of teams that we have in attendance. I would like to make sure we get all get as much mat time as we can get. No one will go 0-1 or 0-2, or even 0-3. In looking at the brackets to place all the way back, I believe everyone will get at least 5 matches.

The following teams have committed (said that they would attend next year already) as of this email:

1. West Davidson
2. East Davidson
3. Ledford
4. Bandys
5. La Plata, MD
6. Bassett, VA
7. Central Davidson
8. Morehead
9. JM Robinson
10. McMichael
11. Waddell
12. Kannapolis (A.L. Brown)
13. Durham School of the Arts
14. Douglas Byrd
15. Hoke County
16. Southern Lee
17. Fay. 71st
18. Carroll County, VA
19. Asheboro
20. Henrico, VA
21. Benedictine, VA
22. Ragsdale
23. East Islip, NY
24. East Henderson
25. North Davidson
26. Atlantic, FL - Double Checking with Boosters
27. Northview, GA

I will try to find out all of the information I can on hotel arrangements by this summer to give a proper idea of what the rates for the overnight if you plan to spend the night on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday or all nights. If you wanted to come into town on Thursday, December 20th, our practice room mats are not used for matches and if necessary, you can either practice with us or you can have use of the room that night after our practice if you gave up practice time to travel. In the room are showers and a bathroom.

If you are interested in attending either tournament or would like more information on either tournament, please do not hesitate to contact me:

Danny Crotts
7227 Old US Hwy 52
Lexington, NC 27299

336-731-8431 (School Number)
336-225-0788 (My Cell Phone)
336-752-2637 (Home Number)
336-731-2642 (School Fax)

dcrotts@davidson.k12.nc.us
dannycrotts@hotmail.com

Entry fees for each tournament:

Black Knight Duals – If paid before December 1st, $105.00, and day of the tournament or after $125.00.

King of the Mat – If paid before December 21st, $115.00, and day of the tournament or after $135.00.

If you wanted to attend both tournaments:

1. If Paid before December 1st - $200.00
2. If Paid on December 1st or before December 21st - $225.00
3. If Paid on December 21st - $250.00

For both tournaments, I will take teams based on a first come first serve basis.

In closing, I’d like to wish you all the best of luck for the rest of your seasons. I hope to hear back from you all very soon. Here are the dates and number of teams for each tournament just as a reminder:

Black Knight Duals, Saturday December 1st 2007, 10-12 Teams

King of the Mat, Friday December 21st and Saturday December 22nd, 24-32 Teams

Again, Good Luck with the rest of your seasons and thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Danny Crotts
Business Teacher
Head Wrestling Coach
Head Boys Track Coach
North Davidson Senior High
7227 Old US Highway 52
Lexington, NC 27295
(336)731-8431 (Phone)
(336)731-2642 (Fax)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts