ADVERTISEMENT

Zion Sensley to UCSB

For one season. Don't be surprised if he leaves to go elsewhere.
Half of the players are only at where they are at for a year, it’s the name of the game………..not many better college environments than Santa Barbara and a pretty decent team typically with some nice transfers coming in

Zion's recruitment is interesting and wondering if it will become more of a trend. He is a Top 100 type recruit who is well known from Prolific, AAU and Riordan, but both of his commitments went to non Power 4 programs. I think it is a good thing to go to the best situation and not the biggest name, but it still remains rare

I wonder how many drunkenly rode their bicycles off the cliff in celebration of getting Zion?

(kidding, but UCSB is quite the party school)

I wonder how many drunkenly rode their bicycles off the cliff in celebration of getting Zion?

(kidding, but UCSB is quite the party school)
It’s also a better academic school than St Mary’s

It’s also a better academic school than St Mary’s
Not sure if its a better school or more popular one. (But it certainly is a more enjoyable one and the views are amazing!). Also I like the hoop move for him. Like you said UCSB has a nice program.

What people don't realize is these schools are just so impacted now. SDSU when I was in school would take anybody with a pulse. Now its like getting into CAL. The school isn't any better the demand to go there is due to the population growth in CA over the past 25 years.
I haven't met too many ex Gaels who are struggling in the real world.

Not sure if its a better school or more popular one. (But it certainly is a more enjoyable one and the views are amazing!). Also I like the hoop move for him. Like you said UCSB has a nice program.

What people don't realize is these schools are just so impacted now. SDSU when I was in school would take anybody with a pulse. Now its like getting into CAL. The school isn't any better the demand to go there is due to the population growth in CA over the past 25 years.
I haven't met too many ex Gaels who are struggling in the real world.
Academically it’s not even close in any rankings, there are multiple nobel prize winners, the acceptance rate isn’t even close. Yes my Gaels friends to afford the tuition have means already so they weren’t going to struggle at any point in life

But you’re right those schools you are buying into the small class sizes and network infrastructure which is valuable

Last edited:
Reactions: larry legend33
Academically it’s not even close in any rankings, there are multiple noble prize winners, the acceptance rate isn’t even close. Yes my Gaels friends to afford the tuition have means already so they weren’t going to struggle at any point in life

But you’re right those schools you are buying into the small class sizes and network infrastructure which is valuable
I love UCSB. Worked out well for Gabe Vincent.
A bigger question MC415 is how is that Newman vs MC game going to be this year! Can we finally beat Marin Catholic in football. Basketball and Baseball we have figured it out but not in football.

A bigger question MC415 is how is that Newman vs MC game going to be this year! Can we finally beat Marin Catholic in football. Basketball and Baseball we have figured it out but not in football.
MC should be decent enough in football again, MC has plummeted in basketball especially……but is now a top 25 in the country lacrosse school

Academically it’s not even close in any rankings, there are multiple noble prize winners, the acceptance rate isn’t even close. Yes my Gaels friends to afford the tuition have means already so they weren’t going to struggle at any point in life

Noble prize winners are almost certainly coming from phd programs in the UC system and the acceptance rates are lower because there are way more applicants. Not very good indicators of how good the school actually is, just the popularity of it. UC's have done a great job of marketing themselves as the best option and people have bought into that but I'd be willing to bet there is more learning happening at St Mary's in the undergrad programs than at UCSB

MC should be decent enough in football again, MC has plummeted in basketball especially……but is now a top 25 in the country lacrosse school
Maybe Jared Goff can sprinkle a few bucks from his Brinks truck to help grow the program.

Noble prize winners are almost certainly coming from phd programs in the UC system and the acceptance rates are lower because there are way more applicants. Not very good indicators of how good the school actually is, just the popularity of it. UC's have done a great job of marketing themselves as the best option and people have bought into that but I'd be willing to bet there is more learning happening at St Mary's in the undergrad programs than at UCSB
Possibly hence my second paragraph
Amigo

CN beat MC 1-0 in the Boras Classic this year and in OT in hoops in Santa Rosa while MC was w/o Charles Williams for football, so the games were super competitive in those sports. But CN is certainly now a state power in baseball, no doubt whatsoever about that. Great baseball being played in the North Bay right now.

CN beat MC 1-0 in the Boras Classic this year and in OT in hoops in Santa Rosa while MC was w/o Charles Williams for football, so the games were super competitive in those sports. But CN is certainly now a state power in baseball, no doubt whatsoever about that. Great baseball being played in the North Bay right now.
Baseball MC will be fine, but what’s up with the hoops program? They can never find a good competent big man, was the last one Ian Salter like 15 years ago? They never have anyone over 6’6 on their roster it’s usually a couple of 6’3 and maybe 1 6’4 guy and they just get absolutely overwhelmed by any team with length ……but in football they have 3-5 guys every year who are next level players who are all 6’3-6’5 who have length and can run, but they can’t find 1-2 of those guys who can hoop

Baseball MC will be fine, but what’s up with the hoops program? They can never find a good competent big man, was the last one Ian Salter like 15 years ago? They never have anyone over 6’6 on their roster it’s usually a couple of 6’3 and maybe 1 6’4 guy and they just get absolutely overwhelmed by any team with length ……but in football they have 3-5 guys every year who are next level players who are all 6’3-6’5 who have length and can run, but they can’t find 1-2 of those guys who can hoop
Yeah Newman baseball has taken it to a different level with Debendetti as HC. They are a perennial state top 20 team now year in and out regardless of division.
Hoops they will be very good next years as there entire team returns after going 26-4 last year and most of those guys were fresh and soph. I just hope they schedule up and a play in a few good early season tournaments. Got to challenge the kids.
Football will be loaded but need a QB bad. Like very bad. MC always has there #.

Reactions: MC415
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT