ADVERTISEMENT

#1-GRANT 21 vs #3-ST. MARY'S 14 - FINAL

bulldogmgc

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Does St. Mary's even have a chance? According to Cappy, the underdog Rams cannot even compete with the "almighty" Pacers. He is still in shock the Rams got by Rocklin (never responded with SM vs EG projection).

This post was edited on 12/5 8:32 PM by bulldogmgc

This post was edited on 12/5 9:35 PM by bulldogmgc

This post was edited on 12/5 10:21 PM by bulldogmgc

Re: the "almighty" #1-GRANT vs the "underdog" #3-ST. MARY'S

Should be a great game! St. Mary's is a great team.

I dunno. St. Mary's is indeed playing very good football lately. But, last night they blew some opportunities to blow the game wide open with turnovers by EG. A couple of mental mistakes resulted in a couple of SM INT's, the first feeling rushed after mishandling the snap and the second, just poor vision to see his WR was covered (endzone INT). Bad snaps plagued the Rams last night and EG did put pressure on Righetti.

Although SM's D did a fairly decent job against EG's run game (holding EG to 68 yards on 17 carries in the 1st half that went along with 3 EG turnovers) trying to stop Grant's run game is going to be extremely difficult. Like against EG, SM will need turnovers and penalties to help slow down Grant. Plus, Grant is also a threat in the air and EG demonstrated that if you focus on their running game they will burn you with the pass. Grant just might be too much for SM to handle. Biggest challenge will be on SM's D again. But, all in all, the Rams are going to need some luck vs Grant and the Rams' O is going to need to be on fire to keep up with the Pacers' O. Should be a good game!

GO SM RAMS!!!
chairshot.r191677.gif
!!!

Also SM Rams have to play mistake free with no turnovers at all, that's how our Vaca High Bulldogs lost to Grant

Bulldog, always enjoy your posts. Before football, I was sitting in the same area you were last night. I was informed this AM that he is at Kaiser so keep the prayers reaching out. The young lady who did CPR is a hero.

SM has a great chance in this game. They need to mix up the run game a bit. Zaunbrecher and Johnson need a few more carries to speed it up and as I said before Spady needs some blocking from a fullback. Hodge blows holes through the line every time they put him back there. Spady is a big back at 5'10'' 225. He needs to get moving before getting hit. I just do not understand why the offensive coor. does not see this. Also, keeping outside containment on Grants running game is key. Forcing the game up the middle with Hodge and the boys will give SM a great chance. Regetti had very little time last night so that is a big concern. I think we have a coin toss on this one. Turnovers will probably spell the end for either team.

Watching these section playoffs unfold I find it hard to see how the winner of this game is not in the DI final. Grant is a foregone conclusion but SM seems to be excluded. Looking at SM schedule and how all the teams they played are still going. I would be shocked if they beat Grant and not get into that game. Central Catholic won the D4 section title, St. Ignatius is playing in the D3 championship. And SM really let that game get away. Los Gatos in the Semi final today and my money is on them. They will win that section championship. LG is loaded. I don't understand the number 5 seed there. Tracy is playing forthe D1 championship. I think that says it all. A victory over Grant and SM should be the only choice to play on.

Go Rams!!!!!

Well I'll be pulling for St. Mary's in a upset. A big IF, but if St. Mary's wins and Los Gatos win's the CCS open, could there be a rematch? 2 teams that LG defeated this year are in the CCS section finals for D1 and D2.

Never mind, I forgot about Folsom, unless they lose to Tracy.

This post was edited on 11/29 1:40 PM by Dooer

Time to brand us some Pacers. Turn the heat up on that iron. Done corralling and branding dem Thundering herd. Wild Pacers need to be roped, broken, and ridden. I hear spurs a jingle jangle jingle. Do you?

Hey Hans, ...

Yippee Ki Yay!

Originally posted by cvhl:
Bulldog, always enjoy your posts. Before football, I was sitting in the same area you were last night. I was informed this AM that he is at Kaiser so keep the prayers reaching out. The young lady who did CPR is a hero.

SM has a great chance in this game. They need to mix up the run game a bit. Zaunbrecher and Johnson need a few more carries to speed it up and as I said before Spady needs some blocking from a fullback. Hodge blows holes through the line every time they put him back there. Spady is a big back at 5'10'' 225. He needs to get moving before getting hit. I just do not understand why the offensive coor. does not see this. Also, keeping outside containment on Grants running game is key. Forcing the game up the middle with Hodge and the boys will give SM a great chance. Regetti had very little time last night so that is a big concern. I think we have a coin toss on this one. Turnovers will probably spell the end for either team.

Watching these section playoffs unfold I find it hard to see how the winner of this game is not in the DI final. Grant is a foregone conclusion but SM seems to be excluded. Looking at SM schedule and how all the teams they played are still going. I would be shocked if they beat Grant and not get into that game. Central Catholic won the D4 section title, St. Ignatius is playing in the D3 championship. And SM really let that game get away. Los Gatos in the Semi final today and my money is on them. They will win that section championship. LG is loaded. I don't understand the number 5 seed there. Tracy is playing forthe D1 championship. I think that says it all. A victory over Grant and SM should be the only choice to play on.

Go Rams!!!!!
That is great news! A saved life means so much more. My wife is assistant manager of surgery at Kaiser @ South Sac. Doubt he will need surgery, maybe a stent (performed by cardiac cath lab). He should be in good hands. Indeed, lady who saved his life is a hero!

Back to football ... time to have fun with Pacer Nation. 2009 all over again!

Now you know wild goats ain't got nothing on them race horses. We gon round em up and lead them goats to slaughter. Don't worry BDM we'll be sure to treat you totally humane up to usda standards. Baaaa Baaaa

For D1 play-in game:
Bells could be chosen over St Mary's I SI game is considered. Bowl committee does look at common opponents. The two losses by Bells with one avenged against Valley Christian might put St Mary's over. Grant would be picked over Bells.

St Mary's would be picked over Los Gatos due to common opponent. If Sacred heart Prep wins CCS Open, SHP probably picked over St Mary's. They would have wins over common opponent and SHP undefeated record would probably put them over St Mary's. They don't look at margin of victory and in this case tough to discount SHP for going undefeated.

Grant versus SHP if both run the table? I would think Grant, but stranger picks have happened. I think St Mary's will give Grant all it can take. Athletically and speed-wize SM seems to match-up. Grant's line probably will be the difference but Grant will have to play really well. I think either Grant or SM could give Folsom a decent game and Folsom will have to play well to beat them.

This post was edited on 11/29 6:16 PM by NorCalSportsFan

I haven't seen St. Marys....but I saw Grant last night. I find it hard to believe any Nor cal team aside from Folsom or DLS can beat the Pacers.

No worries Pacer Nation. St. Mary's can't compete with Grant per Cappy. Gotta trust Cappy!

If St Mary's defeats Grant, both Sacred heart Prep and Bellarmine have a good case for the D1 play-in. If Grant wins, Sacred Heart Prep has a shot, but probably Grant gets the game against Folsom assuming they defeat Tracy. What if Tracy wins in huge upset? That sure would mess things up. In any event if DLS and Folsom or a Grant get in at Open and D1 state bowl, those should be competitive and the north has a shot. D2 (south will be very tough), D3 (south will be very tough) and D4 look relatively strong for the north as well. I wish the Open regional play-in was still on, but does look like the North of the state is positioned well for the state bowl and a shot to win a good share of titles.

Originally posted by herwoo12:
Now you know wild goats ain't got nothing on them race horses. We gon round em up and lead them goats to slaughter. Don't worry BDM we'll be sure to treat you totally humane up to usda standards. Baaaa Baaaa
LOL! Especially, "... Baaaa Baaaa". Gotta love it!

This post was edited on 11/29 10:25 PM by bulldogmgc

Enjoy the video (link below)! Feel free to make your own. Much fun!

GO SM RAMS!!!
cool0012.r191677.gif

Latest update: video link updated below using YouTube. It should be accessible now via smartphones, as well. Some very minor edits to the dialog were made, as well.

This post was edited on 11/30 8:16 PM by bulldogmgc

Coach Alberghini reacts to SJS D2 Finals Game

actually pretty funny
This post was edited on 11/30 12:13 PM by pacer80

Hilarious...laughing so hard it hurt.

BULLDOG........ Way too funny

ROF LMAO !!!!

roll.r191677.gif

bulldogmgc

That video was funny as hell, good one

That was absolutely hilarious enjoyed it to the fullest......BRAVO!!!
This is my take on all this and it comes from a guy who simply enjoys football especially high school football.At the start of each season I like most of you have a dog in the race(#1 dog Placer Hillmen),and as the season continues we see just how far our dogs go.Then we get to the playoffs and our dogs either continue or are defeated,if they continue that's great if not than we now look at other dogs still in the race and pull for them(#2 dog Grant).This goes on until we get to the finish line which is the SBG for which then i/we get to pull for 5 dogs in 5 different races all from the northern part of our state.The selection of my #2 dog goes far beyond football,i clearly see,feel,understand and appreciate everything about this dog and again it truly goes beyond football.I don't get into all the deep numbers,figures and percentages as to which dog has best chance of winning as most of you do but I really appreciate all your hard work in making it available it's great info.....thank you!But as we all know its not the size of the dog in the fight but rather the HEART of the dog in the fight.These smaller dogs in all these races(SHP,CC,St Marys and list goes on)are very good and could possibly be better than these bigger dogs(DLS,Folsom,Grant,Vaca the CCS dogs which I'm not real familiar with)and can bite them on any given nite in any given race and that includes the biggest dog of all(DLS).I read posts that certain dogs have no chance in a certain race for this that or the other well that's bs.When we are this far in the race ALL these dogs have a chance and the dog with the biggest HEART will really.......Stand Tall!!I look to ALL of you for info and personal opinions on all these dogs and again i enjoy it immensely and our system and those who decide which dogs and races they are in for the home stretch NEEDS to be better,as to many good dogs get put in races they shouldn't be in and ultimately lose/left out and that diminishes our chances in the SBG vs the southern pups.Please excuse my post this is just from a guy who simply
enjoys good high school football.

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the video. For those not able to view (ie. via Android device), my apologies. I just realized its built with flash video. I was not able to watch it on my Android phone. But, it is viewable from my pc. I will later look to convert to YouTube and share the updated link. Stay tuned.

Link to video updated (see above post). Again, enjoy!
This post was edited on 11/30 9:38 PM by bulldogmgc

Originally posted by herwoo12:
No boi boi your vaca dogs couldn't keep pace with them horses. Turned them bulldogs into dog food.
Fun thing about football is that it always gives you a chance at revenge, It happened with Folsom after my Bulldogs got lost 75-6 that 2010 year and came back to beat Folsom in the championship game the very next year.

GO VACAVILLE BULLDOGS!!!

And in this game GO Rams!

OMG Dawg...fell out of my chair....stop it...my side hurts!!!!

I'm rooting for the Rams in this one. But I know it's going to be tough to beat Grant. Some of you that haven't seen Grant this season and are going to the game on Friday, people are going to be surprised at how big those players are and how many of those players Grant has. I guarantee people that haven't seen them in person are going to be like WOW.
eek.r191677.gif

They are forecasting some rain for Friday, I hope they are wrong but I'll be ready for it, a big jacket and some rain pants.

Funny stuff. Loved the use of site celebrities(haha).

Thanks

Yup, looks like 90% chance of rain for Friday in Sacramento. Tempted to watch the game in warm confines of home using the 1-month subscription to NFHS, but this is a game I feel I cannot miss, even if the Rams have very little chance against the "almighty" Pacers. No worries, I won't be like the SoCal fans and complain the Rams lost because of the wet weather. If the Rams lose (as expected) it will be because the Pacers are indeed the better team on Friday night. Just hoping for a good game full of excitement. No better feeling (win or lose) to see an exciting high school football game, even in the rain. Good luck to both teams!

GO SM RAMS!!!
cool0012.r191677.gif

Never called them almighty. St Mary's I believe is a decent SJS team, but Grant has too much size & speed. St Mary's QB Righetti won't have 5 seconds to find an open wr. I hope he can run....Grant should win by 14.

Originally posted by bulldogmgc:
Yup, looks like 90% chance of rain for Friday in Sacramento. Tempted to watch the game in warm confines of home using the 1-month subscription to NFHS, but this is a game I feel I cannot miss, even if the Rams have very little chance against the "almighty" Pacers. No worries, I won't be like the SoCal fans and complain the Rams lost because of the wet weather. If the Rams lose (as expected) it will be because the Pacers are indeed the better team on Friday night. Just hoping for a good game full of excitement. No better feeling (win or lose) to see an exciting high school football game, even in the rain. Good luck to both teams!

GO SM RAMS!!!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Will this game be televised?

How's Grant'ssss punting game? LOL! Maxprepssss reflectssss Grant hassss only 3 puntssss all sssseason, oncth againssst Pattersssson and 2 timessss only againsssst Vacaville. Againsssst Elk Grove, no puntssss reflected but 3 fumblessss losssst to Elk Grove and 2 out of 4 FG'ssss made to esssplain only 26 pointssss verssssussss Elk Grove. Sssst . Mary'ssss D definitely hassss their handssss full "trying" to sssstop or even sssslow down thissss Grant offensssse, who are averaging more than 7 TD'ssss per game in their last 8 gamessss, nearly three hundred and ssssixty russsshing yardssss per game overall, and nearly 540 all-purposssse yardssss per game overall. Thissss "almighty" Grant team issss ssssimply unsssstoppable. Jusssst hoping Sssst. Mary'ssss O can keep up to keep the game interessssting. Indeed, the "almighty" Grant hassss much " ssssize and sssspeed", maybe too much for the Ramssss to sssstay within 2 TD'ssss. I mean, why even wasssste my money and gassss and even attend thissss game? For realssss! Neverthelessss, I will be at Ssssac Ssstate tomorrow.

GO SsssM RAMSsss!!!
cool0012.r191677.gif

Originally posted by bulldogmgc:
How's Grant'ssss punting game? LOL! Maxprepssss reflectssss Grant hassss only 3 puntssss all sssseason, oncth againssst Pattersssson and 2 timessss only againsssst Vacaville. Againsssst Elk Grove, no puntssss reflected but 3 fumblessss losssst to Elk Grove and 2 out of 4 FG'ssss made to esssplain only 26 pointssss verssssussss Elk Grove. Sssst . Mary'ssss D definitely hassss their handssss full "trying" to sssstop or even sssslow down thissss Grant offensssse, who are averaging more than 7 TD'ssss per game in their last 8 gamessss, nearly three hundred and ssssixty russsshing yardssss per game overall, and nearly 540 all-purposssse yardssss per game overall. Thissss "almighty" Grant team issss ssssimply unsssstoppable. Jusssst hoping Sssst. Mary'ssss O can keep up to keep the game interessssting. Indeed, the "almighty" Grant hassss much " ssssize and sssspeed", maybe too much for the Ramssss to sssstay within 2 TD'ssss. I mean, why even wasssste my money and gassss and even attend thissss game? For realssss! Neverthelessss, I will be at Ssssac Ssstate tomorrow.

GO SsssM RAMSsss!!!
tongue.r191677.gif

I'm guessing Grant's stat man is from Folsom and probably doesn't recognize what they're doing when they line up to punt

St. Mary's does not exhibit much threat in regards to stats of their offense, no where near the stats Grant has posted. St. Mary's averages just over 160 yards on the ground and just under 210 yards per game in the air. Yet, the Rams are in the finals. If you analyze the Rams performance and search for a reason why they win their games or why they are in the finals, again noting the average performance by their offense, much credit has to go to their defense and ability to secure good field position, which has allowed the Rams to score without having to go too many yards. Against Elk Grove, the Rams D held the Thundering Herd to 70 yards on the ground in the first half and it was turnovers that set up most of St. Mary's scores.

Against Grant, a team with a very prolific offense, this will be the biggest challenge for the Rams D. No one really has had success stopping, let alone slowing down the Pacer offense. It appears their biggest test was against Elk Grove. Vacaville appeared to be in the game early vs Grant, but Grant was just too overwhelming, as Dan12Kings had shared.

Grant's secondary is very formidable. I assume if Downey was able to pass the ball vs Grant's secondary, much of it came during garbage time. I am anticipating we may witness a game tomorrow similar to the 2010 semifinal game where it came down to a big play by Grant that tetered the game in their favor. I could be totally wrong in anticipating this game to be a close one. All it takes is a couple mistakes for the other team to capitalize and turn a close game into a blowout. I believe it will come down to which team makes the least mistakes that will win this game. This IMHO will be a game of "wills" and "heart" and like in 2009, anything can happen and did happen. Grant will go into this game as heavy favorites and that's okay. It's not like the Rams have not been underdogs before. If I recall in 2009, Rocklin was the underdog, just as Del Oro was the underdog vs St. Mary's and we all recall what happened. We will just have to wait and see.

It also appears my video may have backfired. Based on YouTube comments, it appears I have added fuel to the fire. Oops!

With rain expected, does this benefit the offense for each team or the defense? Hoping the rain might help extinguish the fire I may have fueled, but doubtful. Good luck to both teams!

GO SM RAMS!!!
cool0012.r191677.gif

Originally posted by cappyjohnson:

Never called them almighty. St Mary's I believe is a decent SJS team, but Grant has too much size & speed. St Mary's QB Righetti won't have 5 seconds to find an open wr. I hope he can run....Grant should win by 14.
Maybe you did not use the word "almighty", but when no one can compete with such a team, don't you agree they deserve such a label? Indeed the "almighty" Grant has too much size & speed. You are correct. Yep, St. Mary's is just way too small and way too slow to even compete, just a "decent" SJS team that luckily found its way into the D2 finals - just a "decent" SJS team that couldn't compete with Rocklin, and just got lucky. The Rams offense does not necessarily need 5 seconds to pass the ball. But, I am not sure they will even try to pass the ball with so much difficulty trying to see over the Grant D line. It appears the Rams only hope will need to resort to its secret weapon ... the Triple Wing-T. Yes, the SM QB, Righetti, can run. He runs very well. He's probably the most athletic QB on his feet SM has had since 2010 QB, Mitch Walding, who held his own against Grant in the semi-finals, maybe even more versatile. Sure, much of the SM ground game depends on the shoulders of #21 Marcell Spady. But, be on the lookout. SM has a tiny guy who is 5'4" who can easily get lost amongst the trees and squeeze himself thru tiny cracks and just take off. Same with 5'7" #7 Tavonne Johnson. Rocklin knows all about #7. If SM incorporates their secret weapon and utilizes these tiny guys, there just might be hope. But, you are right. SM is just way too slow, just a "decent" team with "decent" speed. Pacers D should have no problems against SM's offense. It should be another Pacer cakewalk. Right?

Btw. I am a bit surprised. Only 14 point spread? Wow! I was expecting so much more given your early opinion that St. Mary's can't compete against the likes of Grant. Besides, you stated that the SM team is just a "decent" SJS team. Grant destroys "decent" SJS teams. Only 2 TD's? Wow! I guess in your eyes, Vacaville is not a "decent" SJS team, a team Grant beat by 23 points (> 3 scores). Maybe you are playing it safe and only giving the Rams +14 points, in case it might end up much closer in score? I really expected much more from you. Here, let me help. I say St. Mary's will be lucky if they come with 21 points. This way SM will fall into the "decent SJS" team category as you stated. Besides, as you shared ... Grant's size & speed are just too much for St. Mary's. Yep, SM is way too small and way too slow, just "decent". Shame on me for thinking otherwise. And shame on me for labeling Grant as "almighty". Maybe I misinterpreted your earlier post on a different thread when you shared St. Mary's could not compete with Grant? Shame on me indeed. Calpreps has yet to get close to its projections involving St. Mary's games in the playoffs. Best go with the +21 point spread since Calpreps is only giving St. Mary's +8 points. How bout it? Does that help?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT