ADVERTISEMENT

12 Grant HS players benched after football brawl

Grant will show no mercy to Whitney now they’ll try to hang 100 on them. Sad part is Whitney won’t be discipline at all

Grant will show no mercy to Whitney now they’ll try to hang 100 on them. Sad part is Whitney won’t be discipline at all
Was that you on the vid? If not, its quite a coincidence with the hat. Either way, Ferguson make a good statement. "None of these kids are thugs." But in some ways the stated persona is earned and Grant needs to enforce clear boundaries. If somehow the play could have stopped right after the two players tangled, maybe there would have been an unsportsmanlike call against Whitney - Maybe... IMO that play was right on the line of permissible defensive action. But when the mayhem erupted, all eyes shift to the mass instigator of the brawl. Sad to see and I hope that, in the end, it produces a better team instead of bitter kids. Responsibility of that end lies with the coaches IMO.

Last edited:
Was that you on the vid? If not, its quite a coincidence with the hat. Either way, Ferguson make a good statement. "None of these kids are thugs." But in some ways the stated persona is earned and Grant needs to enforce clear boundaries. If somehow the play could have stopped right after the two players tangled, maybe there would have been an unsportsmanlike call against Whitney - Maybe... IMO that play was right on the line of permissible defensive action. But when the mayhem erupted, all eyes shift to the mass instigator of the brawl. Sad to see and I hope that, in the end, it produces a better team instead of bitter kids. Responsibility of that end lies with the coaches IMO.
I was thinking the same thing when I saw the Dodger beanie

Hahaha. The only team hanging 100 on somebody is Folsom. You talk like you guys are good. For god sake it was 39-28 against an 0-10 team. I would worry more about who is coaching next than hanging 100 on somebody. Because Grant isn't hanging 100 on anybody anytime soon.

Hahaha. The only team hanging 100 on somebody is Folsom. You talk like you guys are good. For god sake it was 39-28 against an 0-10 team. I would worry more about who is coaching next than hanging 100 on somebody. Because Grant isn't hanging 100 on anybody anytime soon.

Game was stopped after Whitney scores on a back up corner. Whitney stopped grant once that game wasn’t as close as you’d think. This isn’t bout folsom bro folsom. Folsom biggest fear is a better coached grant oh and playing with real folsom kids

I'm just saying you guys aren't very good. You talk like Grant is something special this year and they are basically a .500 team. I watched you guys get man handled by a decent Oak Ridge team. Game wasn't even close. You hung a big 6 on them. Just accept the fact that this is a very average team with a lot of issues. Issues that are behavioral related.

I'm just saying you guys aren't very good. You talk like Grant is something special this year and they are basically a .500 team. I watched you guys get man handled by a decent Oak Ridge team. Game wasn't even close. You hung a big 6 on them. Just accept the fact that this is a very average team with a lot of issues. Issues that are behavioral related.

This is a average team that only folsom put more talent on the field this year maybe central and cc was very talented too the issues at grant are deeper than any poster like yourself would ever know. Btw oakridge was very average. Some of these teams only competing with grant because of AL. A Troy Taylor at grant would scare a lot of teams he’d for sure retain some of the players we lose

I was tracking the score in that game and wasn't Whitney winning for a good portion of the game???

This is a average team that only folsom put more talent on the field this year maybe central and cc was very talented too the issues at grant are deeper than any poster like yourself would ever know. Btw oakridge was very average. Some of these teams only competing with grant because of AL. A Troy Taylor at grant would scare a lot of teams he’d for sure retain some of the players we lose
Troy Taylor is going to leave the OC job at Utah to coach Grant?
What are you smoking?

Just a poor incident from all directions. It's obvious on the video that the 2 players who initiated the fight were going at it for sometime. They are going 200% on an extra point. After the Whitney player slammed the Grant player he pushed his head into the ground. Then chaos. Whitney had nothing to los, Grant did. Leading into that game composure and restraint should have been the topic in practice. The section came down hard in the Pacers, there should also be major consequences on the Whitney side for next year.

Reactions: aztecpadre
Troy Taylor is going to leave the OC job at Utah to coach Grant?
What are you smoking?

Nah but I get the man's point. Grant with a Troy Taylor type of coach is as good as anyone in the state. Kids that should be at Grant are going elsewhere looking for better athletic opportunities. Alberghini is a winning coach, a successful coach but honestly not a great one. A lot of people don't know this but Coach Al never even played football. He was a baseball player and to my understanding built a helluva baseball program at Grant before he decided to try his hand in football.

But just to kill you argument I will give you a name you can't deny.

Troy Taylor at Grant would put together a National Power. He won't leave an OC job at Utah. We both know that. So let's keep him out of this.

Tony Franks at St. Mary's of Stockton would put together a team capable of beating Folsom. He's put together some machines at a school that has to attract the type of talent that walks the halls at Grant Union. But, I'm sure St. Mary's had resources Grant could only dream of so let's leave Coach Franks out of this one too.

Del Paso Heights is one of the roughest neighborhoods in Northern California. I would argue that Grant needs a disciplinarian as much as an X's and O's guy. You know who Coaches a team with similar demographics? Victor Galli at Pitt. Say what you want but Galli keeps guys eligible, his guys don't get in trouble and his guys graduate. The man whips his kids into shape. But he is a Pittsburg guy, has built his alma mater into a top program in Northern California and has athletes that are only a notch below those at Grant. So I won't even make an argument for him.

But you know who what good coach may be looking for a job? How about former Elk Grove Head Coach Chris Nixon? Grant with Nixon competes with anyone in Sacramento and is possibly a national power.

Last edited:
Nah but I get the man's point. Grant with a Troy Taylor type of coach is as good as anyone in the state. Kids that should be at Grant are going elsewhere looking for better athletic opportunities. Alberghini is a winning coach, a successful coach but honestly not a great one. A lot of people don't know this but Coach Al never even played football. He was a baseball player and to my understanding built a helluva baseball program at Grant before he decided to try his hand in football.

But just to kill you argument I will give you a name you can't deny.

Troy Taylor at Grant would put together a National Power. He won't leave an OC job at Utah. We both know that. So let's keep him out of this.

Tony Franks at St. Mary's of Stockton would put together a team capable of beating Folsom. He's put together some machines at a school that has to attract the type of talent that walks the halls at Grant Union. But, I'm sure St. Mary's had resources Grant could only dream of so let's leave Coach Franks out of this one too.

Del Paso Heights is one of the roughest neighborhoods in Northern California. I would argue that Grant needs a disciplinarian as much as an X's and O's guy. You know who Coaches a team with similar demographics? Victor Galli at Pitt. Say what you want but Galli keeps guys eligible, his guys don't get in trouble and his guys graduate. The man whips his kids into shape. But he is a Pittsburg guy, has built his alma mater into a top program in Northern California and has athletes that are only a notch below those at Grant. So I won't even make an argument for him.

But you know who what good coach may be looking for a job? How about former Elk Grove Head Coach Chris Nixon? Grant with Nixon competes with anyone in Sacramento and is possibly a national power.

I said “ A coach like Taylor” but your post is spot on people just don’t understand how much talent grant loses based purely on the fact that the parents don’t respect AL as a coach. Buts it’s not even just that the off the field issues that come with grant also scares kids away. Grant is still thee program in Sacramento all the kids in the youth programs in north Sacramento want to be pacers. Grant will always have the talent it’ll come down to if the parents feel like it’ll be s waste to send their kid to play for AL. Grants best fit at coaching could very well already be on their staff or Reggie Harris they also have a boat load of ex nfl players that would love to take over

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT