ADVERTISEMENT

2017 WCAL Schedules

jordan24

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 12, 2002
I thought I would help Rmbr26 kick off the upcoming football season as Riordan just released their full schedule. Look forward to always reading the competitive (and often funny) banter from all of you. I understand Serra and SI will continue their scheduling of competitive teams. Who else?
18486041_10209310330934516_2557431433825430655_n.jpg

Last edited:
I thought I would help Rmbr26 kick off the upcoming football season as Riordan just released their full schedule. Look forward to always reading the competitive (and often funny) banter from all of you. I understand Serra and SI will continue their scheduling of competitive teams. Who else?
DAAGxq2UMAE4ADk.jpg:large
At least their homepage for the schedule looks good ;)

Confirmed games...hopefully, others can help fill it in.

Bellarmine - Menlo-Atherton, Gonzaga Prep (WA), ??
Valley Christian - Manteca, Wilcox, Pleasant Valley
Mitty - Sac High, Menlo-Atherton, Palo Alto
St. Francis - Oak Grove, Palma, De La Salle
Serra - Pittsburg, ??, St. Marys (looking for a 10th game still apparently)
SI - Clovis East, Campolindo, Marin Catholic
Riordan - Central Catholic, Salesian, Napa
Sacred Heart Cathedral - ??, Justin-Siena, Homestead

Reactions: ncscalfootball
DAAGxq2UMAE4ADk.jpg:large

Very well done. Challenging. Far-ranging. Compelling. Nice work by the Crusader staff.

Come on man that was old news, It was out earlier today. Gotta keep up with these kids and the tweeter, instanotes and MySpace, its all instant info at a click of the Google box. Us gray balls can no longer stick w/ the old tried and true.
dewey.jpg
Tweeter? MySpace? Lol!

Probably the Fotomat drive thru kiosk letting you know your rolls of 35mm are ready to be picked up. Or the video store letting you know you didn't rewind your Betamax copy of Red Dawn.
Riordan scheduling Central catholic and Napa, must think they have something, scrimmaging Miramonte is going to be tough enough, this is not a wise move, but who knows????...in any case, it won't be pretty...Napa for 2017 is going to be one of the best teams on the field in a while, so good luck..

Reactions: jordan24
Riordan scheduling Central catholic and Napa, must think they have something, scrimmaging Miramonte is going to be tough enough, this is not a wise move, but who knows????...in any case, it won't be pretty...Napa for 2017 is going to be one of the best teams on the field in a while, so good luck..
And then WCAL play with Serra, then Mitty, Valley Christian, Bellarmine, SI, St. Francis and SHC. Will be a tough season for the Crusaders, but like the new teams they added to their non-league.

And then WCAL play with Serra, then Mitty, Valley Christian, Bellarmine, SI, St. Francis and SHC. Will be a tough season for the Crusaders, but like the new teams they added to their non-league.
Hopefully the Napa game is a home and home and the kids can play at Memorial(?) stadium in Napa next year.

Also word is SHC running back Jamal lavallier is no longer in sh and is at Clayton valley, also their other rb Heard transferred out as well

Also word is SHC running back Jamal lavallier is no longer in sh and is at Clayton valley, also their other rb Heard transferred out as well
If Lavallier has transferred to Clayton Valley from S.F., I guess CV has taken a few pages out of DLS's operations, by housing at one of the Alumus' homes during the week. And the beat goes on.....

4 kids transferring out in last year? What's going on over on Ellis St?

Who's the other kid besides Robinson, Heard, and Lavallier that transferred?
Probably Alfred Hollins. As for losing those other guys on the football team, it looks like they'll have to bring Bryce Monroe up to the varsity along with Josh Miles from the JV's. Jamal Lavallier and Anthony Heard is a lot of speed to miss. They should be able to make up for it with LeVar Watkins and A'reon Mitchell.

Last edited:
Reactions: jordan24
Confirmed games...hopefully, others can help fill it in.

Bellarmine - Menlo-Atherton, Gonzaga Prep (WA), ??
Valley Christian - Manteca, Wilcox, Pleasant Valley
Mitty - Sac High, Menlo-Atherton, Palo Alto
St. Francis - Oak Grove, Palma, De La Salle
Serra - Pittsburg, ??, St. Marys (looking for a 10th game still apparently)
SI - Clovis East, Campolindo, Marin Catholic
Riordan - Central Catholic, Salesian, Napa
Sacred Heart Cathedral - ??, Justin-Siena, Homestead

Serra's site has Bishop O'Dowd listed.

Probably Alfred Hollins. As for losing those other guys on the football team, it looks like they'll have to bring Bryce Monroe up to the varsity along with Josh Miles from the JV's. Jamal Lavallier and Anthony Heard is a lot of speed to miss. They should be able to make up for it with LeVar Watkins and A'reon Mitchell.
The Irish backfield this year is looking really good

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
And the endless rush hour traffic on Highway 92 from Foster City to West 20th Avenue in SM is so bad his new commute may take him just about as long.

You could not be more correct colhenry as Hwy-92 from SM Bridge to Hwy-280 has become one of the worst "choke points" in the bay area during commute hours. Want more misery try to travel Hillsdale Blvd east over Hwy-101 any time between 4:30 - 6:30 PM with no "escape routes" anywhere close by.

Here's the update. There were 12 projects under construction of which a number were just completed. These 12 projects were all within a 5 mile radius of San Mateo & Foster City, with 10 of the 12 being within 1-mile of Hillsdale Blvd & Hwy-92. The rest are nearing completion which in the next 6 months or so will add over 1700 living units & up to 4,000 additional vehicles to the areas adjacent & in close proximity to HIllsdale Blvd & Hwy-92.
There is now discussion for another large project where the old Hillsdale Inn was to build more condominiums or apartments just off the already clogged main intersection.

Most persons I talk to think the Foster City & San Mateo Planning Commissions and City Council members have lost their minds [of which I'd tend to agree..]

Levallier unfortunately transferred to Clayton Valley Charter. Tofi also gone. But everyone else is back. They actually get two big lineman starters back who missed entire year last year with injuries. Also the opening game is against Terra Nova at Kezar August 25. Levallier is a loss but that is one area they have some speed and depth.

Levallier unfortunately transferred to Clayton Valley Charter. Tofi also gone. But everyone else is back. They actually get two big lineman starters back who missed entire year last year with injuries. Also the opening game is against Terra Nova at Kezar August 25. Levallier is a loss but that is one area they have some speed and depth.
Any idea about how the incoming Frosh class looks?

Terra Nova's site shows Gunderson on their schedule for 8/25. Did they change it?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT