ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Commitments

somewhat on the topic - wouldn't recent City College San Francisco teams give a lot of D2 teams if not D1 teams a decent run? not saying they would or wouldn't just throwing it out there. they have graduated a lot of athletes into D1 over the years most notably in football but more recently in BB as well.
D2 yes. They would get run off court by most d1 IMO.
CCSF is amazing but it’s same argument people make by saying. Great college football team could beat NFL team. No way. CCSF would be punished by usf, st marys , and Santa Clara. They would probably beat sf state and east bay.

I say kids that are on the border should look at high d2 as an option. And why wouldn’t you ? I’m not saying guys like peja kid or Phillips should. C’mon man. Be a little better.
i guess being on the border means you can actually be on the good side of the border (D1). new mex state is border right? it aint unc, kentucky or kansas. we all know if you have an offer from D1 then surely you can play at D2. for instance the sek fella. he picked hawaii, and that may be wonderful to live but the ball isnt power 5. but it is D1 so he surely chose up but yes he could have went to D2 and been bored.

somewhat on the topic - wouldn't recent City College San Francisco teams give a lot of D2 teams if not D1 teams a decent run? not saying they would or wouldn't just throwing it out there. they have graduated a lot of athletes into D1 over the years most notably in football but more recently in BB as well.
their basketball team been better the last 10 years than the football team. but in hoops they would be able to win a few games in D2. city gets just as many bounce backs as most D2 teams.

Bryce Monroe has transferred again? There has to be a limit to this. I hope he needs to at least sit out a year this time. I guess he saw the writing on the wall. Heard Lavin is hitting the transfer portal hard for a quick fix at USD.

The Monroe Family would like to thank all of you for your great comments, concerns, and research about Bryce. Yes, he is transferring from San Diego. Bryce suffered an injury after the BYU game after coming home and having 15 points and 4 assists vs USF...against two of the better guards in the conference in Shabazz and Bouyea who have him by 3 and 4 years in age.
We apologize to you Captain Morgan especially since you said Bryce saw the writing on the wall, I guess the 7 other players that entered the Portal from San Diego did as well. Or maybe the new coach came in and pulled him In a room and said he wanted to go in a different direction, I guess that's Bryce fault. We apologize...next time I will tell him to consult with you...
3-26....let's all remember the actual record and let's check in again in December. FYI this is Coach Crenshaw's 2nd year at the helm but all of you are right about everything.
Bryce chose IUPUI and his other schools he attended. I support him always...he had other offers entering the Portal...but we apologize that my son isn't living up to your expectations and they should cap transfers and firing of staffs...please fix this system!

Renard —-Honestly who cares what these posters have to say? I remember we’d go back and forth a lot on here. I think you are the only person more disappointed that he’s leaving, than I am.

I mean these are people who are saying that Chico St could beat a D1 program more than once every ten times. They think they know ball, but they don’t. Not even worth wasting your time.

Like I told you previously, I’ll always be a Bryce fan now. Hoping he has a ton of success at IUPUI.

The Monroe Family would like to thank all of you for your great comments, concerns, and research about Bryce. Yes, he is transferring from San Diego. Bryce suffered an injury after the BYU game after coming home and having 15 points and 4 assists vs USF...against two of the better guards in the conference in Shabazz and Bouyea who have him by 3 and 4 years in age.
We apologize to you Captain Morgan especially since you said Bryce saw the writing on the wall, I guess the 7 other players that entered the Portal from San Diego did as well. Or maybe the new coach came in and pulled him In a room and said he wanted to go in a different direction, I guess that's Bryce fault. We apologize...next time I will tell him to consult with you...
3-26....let's all remember the actual record and let's check in again in December. FYI this is Coach Crenshaw's 2nd year at the helm but all of you are right about everything.
Bryce chose IUPUI and his other schools he attended. I support him always...he had other offers entering the Portal...but we apologize that my son isn't living up to your expectations and they should cap transfers and firing of staffs...please fix this system!
Always love Bryce. Irish Forever!

Renard —-Honestly who cares what these posters have to say? I remember we’d go back and forth a lot on here. I think you are the only person more disappointed that he’s leaving, than I am.

I mean these are people who are saying that Chico St could beat a D1 program more than once every ten times. They think they know ball, but they don’t. Not even worth wasting your time.

Like I told you previously, I’ll always be a Bryce fan now. Hoping he has a ton of success at IUPUI.
We don’t know ball but you do. We presented you with charts, you didn’t respond. We presented you with the Massey ratings, you didn’t respond. But hey, what do the experts above us all know. I gave you a game where a D2 team 4th place in their conference easily best one of the lower D1 teams. So how can you say “these are people who say Chico State can beat a D1 team more than once” and they don’t know ball. The fact that you think it can’t happen when it already does happen nationwide is the real “don’t know ball” side of these debates.

So here let’s post it once again. And maybe this time you will read and educate yourself on how some of the D2’s can stack up with many of the lower D1’s. And if you think this article is foolish, then I don’t know what to tell you.

Now above you mentioned games being exhibitions. Arizona smashed Chico in 2012, and Chico lost to Pacific by 6

2016 lost to Arizona by 8

2017 lost to Stanford by 10

2019 lost to Arizona by 9.

So yes they are exhibitions, but in some Chico has been blasted. Sure they are warmup games. But Arizona has blasted many D1 teams by 30-40 early in the season.

So to say there is no way D2 teams could never beat any D1 teams more than one time is truly ignorance at its finest. When fact is it has been done, close games have been had, and D1 players transfer to D2 and D2 players transfer to D1. So to think not one D2 team could beat the bottom say 40 D1 teams more than once, that’s not knowing basketball buddy.

Now above you mentioned games being exhibitions. Arizona smashed Chico in 2012, and Chico lost to Pacific by 6

2016 lost to Arizona by 8

2017 lost to Stanford by 10

2019 lost to Arizona by 9.

So yes they are exhibitions, but in some Chico has been blasted. Sure they are warmup games. But Arizona has blasted many D1 teams by 30-40 early in the season.

So to say there is no way D2 teams could never beat any D1 teams more than one time is truly ignorance at its finest. When fact is it has been done, close games have been had, and D1 players transfer to D2 and D2 players transfer to D1. So to think not one D2 team could beat the bottom say 40 D1 teams more than once, that’s not knowing basketball buddy.
to be fair those are warm up games early on. the players are not in their best shape or rhythm.

i am not saying it can never happen, as basketball is a game of misses and all players miss. but chico wouldnt be able to compete in a night in night out D1 conference. the beloved gonzaga shows how hard it is to play scrubs all season they have to defend guys much better than you.

to be fair those are warm up games early on. the players are not in their best shape or rhythm.

i am not saying it can never happen, as basketball is a game of misses and all players miss. but chico wouldnt be able to compete in a night in night out D1 conference. the beloved gonzaga shows how hard it is to play scrubs all season they have to defend guys much better than you.
I was at one of the Arizona and the Stanford Game.
Go back to hear what Sean miller said about Chico. He literally said they would beat plenty of d1 teams! They have a 1/2 dozen or so players excelling in Europe from those teams. Chico had the lead against Stanford late. You don’t think they were trying? Ignorance buddy.

I was at one of the Arizona and the Stanford Game.
Go back to hear what Sean miller said about Chico. He literally said they would beat plenty of d1 teams! They have a 1/2 dozen or so players excelling in Europe from those teams. Chico had the lead against Stanford late. You don’t think they were trying? Ignorance buddy.
stanford isnt anything to brag about beating. again, i said any basketball team can lose because if you miss too many and dont rebound. it is gonna not end well. for instance, the beloved warriors took a 30 piece last night and they have the 3 greatest players of all time. I AM STILL WONDERING HOW YOU SAY CHICO IS A POWER AND THEY HAVENT EVER WON A CHAMPIONSHIP THIS DECADE. and of course sean miller isnt gonna say, nah these cats are some bums, we wasted our time. i also didnt mention trying, i said best shape and rhythm. boy stop.

stanford isnt anything to brag about beating. again, i said any basketball team can lose because if you miss too many and dont rebound. it is gonna not end well. for instance, the beloved warriors took a 30 piece last night and they have the 3 greatest players of all time. I AM STILL WONDERING HOW YOU SAY CHICO IS A POWER AND THEY HAVENT EVER WON A CHAMPIONSHIP THIS DECADE. and of course sean miller isnt gonna say, nah these cats are some bums, we wasted our time. i also didnt mention trying, i said best shape and rhythm. boy stop.
So Arizona blasted them twice. They have been blasted by UCLA. The argument isn’t if they could beat a PAC 12 team or teams on that level. The debate has been wether a D2 team can beat some D1 teams. The facts prove it can be done. Some of those lower level teams would be beat, while one poster said it would never happen. And anyone who thinks they could doesn’t know ball, which makes me laugh actually. Nobody is saying a Chico could beat Duke, Arizona, Gonzaga. Or any school as equal as Chico.

But our Delaware State, Maine, Farleigh Dickson, Green Bay up against strong D2 teams, and many more, they are very beatable. Hell Deleware lost to Salisbury by plenty and that team placed 4th place in their conference.

Last edited:
So Arizona blasted them twice. They have been blasted by UCLA. The argument isn’t if they could beat a PAC 12 team or teams on that level. The debate has been wether a D2 team can beat some D1 teams. The facts prove it can be done. Some of those lower level teams would be beat, while one poster said it would never happen. And anyone who thinks they could doesn’t know ball, which makes me laugh actually. Nobody is saying a Chico could beat Duke, Arizona, Gonzaga. Or any school as equal as Chico.

But our Delaware State, Maine, Farleigh Dickson, Green Bay up against strong D2 teams, and many more, they are very beatable. Hell Deleware lost to Salisbury by plenty and that team placed 4th place in their conference.
Thank you!
Point Loma smashed peperdine. Point Loma consistently gets d1 kids to play there. Hell they had an nba prospect a couple years ago.

There are some incredible D2 programs that do wonderful jobs. Providing opportunities for student athletes...I have kids in SF State, Chico state, Humboldt, Stanislaus state, San Bernadino, Holy Names, Cal State East Bay, Cal.State LA that have played for myself, Coach Todd and Coach Cotton.
Yup. Everybody just needs to find “their” spot.
And if you are playing after Hs at any college level kudos.
You are in a rare class .

Reactions: bella123 and dlew66

i never said never. i never debated it. i clearly said if you make more shots, grab more boards and turn it over less, you could be anyone. my concern was how chico is a power and hasnt won a national title.

Reactions: Renard Monroe
i never said never. i never debated it. i clearly said if you make more shots, grab more boards and turn it over less, you could be anyone. my concern was how chico is a power and hasnt won a national title.
And I never said you never said never, scroll up bud. This has nothing to do with what you said. Geez.

Reactions: larry legend33
And make it to the League as an undersized shooter and be the next Steph Curry. And he knows this cause he went to SDSU and watched Kawhi Leonard practice.

And make it to the League as an undersized shooter and be the next Steph Curry. And he knows this cause he went to SDSU and watched Kawhi Leonard practice.

Y’all are so funny. But honestly I’m not too worried about it. When all is said and done we are one of a very few teams in SF that can say they are State Champions in basketball.

Unlike you negative nancies in here, I actually cheer for local teams and local kids too succeed. You guys think you know everything, and honestly that is probably your biggest problem.

Also, I absolutely hate when people get SDSU and USD mixed up. I went to a private Catholic school, not some public University. You visit Sdsu campus, then you visit Usds and you tell me which one is better. You’ll understand why I am a Torero, not an Aztec!

• Haha
Reactions: HSWIZARD73
Why is a private catholic university better than a public university? Why would one graduate be better than the other?

Y’all are so funny. But honestly I’m not too worried about it. When all is said and done we are one of a very few teams in SF that can say they are State Champions in basketball.

Unlike you negative nancies in here, I actually cheer for local teams and local kids too succeed. You guys think you know everything, and honestly that is probably your biggest problem.

Also, I absolutely hate when people get SDSU and USD mixed up. I went to a private Catholic school, not some public University. You visit Sdsu campus, then you visit Usds and you tell me which one is better. You’ll understand why I am a Torero, not an Aztec!
you didnt even experiment or partake on the best things at usd. you might as well went to academy of the arts.

• Haha
Reactions: MC415
Why is a private catholic university better than a public university? Why would one graduate be better than the other?

It was a joke.

you didnt even experiment or partake on the best things at usd. you might as well went to academy of the arts.

You have no clue about my experience at USD. We actually made the NCAA Tournament while I went to school there. Oh btw my freshman year I went to Seton Hall on the East Coast and we also made the NCAA Tournament. So I went to two school and both made the NCAA Tournament during my time there. Not a lot of people can say that about their college experience.

Oh one more thing. I was also the mascot for 3 years at USD. Not saying that made me apart of the team, but I have some great memories doing that job. Very Few love their alma mater as much as I do.

Oh our baseball team wasn't too shabby either. Bunch of guys in the majors right now, who I saw play or saw us play against.

None of this would have occurred at the Academy of Arts.

• Haha
Reactions: HSWIZARD73
It was a joke.

You have no clue about my experience at USD. We actually made the NCAA Tournament while I went to school there. Oh btw my freshman year I went to Seton Hall on the East Coast and we also made the NCAA Tournament. So I went to two school and both made the NCAA Tournament during my time there. Not a lot of people can say that about their college experience.

Oh one more thing. I was also the mascot for 3 years at USD. Not saying that made me apart of the team, but I have some great memories doing that job. Very Few love their alma mater as much as I do.

Oh our baseball team wasn't too shabby either. Bunch of guys in the majors right now, who I saw play or saw us play against.

None of this would have occurred at the Academy of Arts.

what @ankleassassin was saying went right over your head LOL

• Haha
Reactions: TC112
I was really hoping he'd end up at USF! Best of luck to him at IUPUI.

I’m hearing from someone that Cade Bennett (Campolindo), son of Saint Mary’s College coach Randy Bennett is committing to play at St. Mary’s

I’m hearing from someone that Cade Bennett (Campolindo), son of Saint Mary’s College coach Randy Bennett is committing to play at St. Mary’s
Yeah I’d heard that he wanted to walk on at SMC. I’m not sure how much playing time he’ll get but he gets to stay with Aiden, as well as his family. Best of luck to him. Nice to have that option.

This is true, according to the St. Mary's "God Is A Gael" forum. I love it! :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT