ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama gets a NorCal commit

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Folsom offensive lineman Jonah Williams has committed to Alabama. Big (literally) haul for Alabama to get Williams out of California.

Bubba3000.......
"I hear his mom went to Auburn"
4/6 9:48 AM | IP: Logged

Ha! If that is true should make for some interesting family get togethers late in the football season.

For Alabama's sake, let's hope he can block SEC defensive players better than he did vs DLS in their two losses to the Spartans.

For Alabama's sake, let's hope he can block SEC defensive players better than he did vs DLS in their two losses to the Spartans.

There may be more from No Cal. now that Tosh Lupois is on the Alabama Coaching staff after getting falsely accused of recruiting violations at Washington.

Spartan- I was as big a fan as anybody when it came to Tosh but he lost me and almost everybody else the way he left Cal. He showed a lack of character and it continued at UW.

Tosh has been at Alabama for a while, no one would touch him after what he pulled at Cal. No one can deny one thing he is a great evaluator of talent and he was getting paid 6 figures at Alabama to stay behind the scenes and just evaluate talent. Don't really know much about him, just know I wasn't a big fan of how he handle the situation as a whole, it was all around foul.

Lupoi walked with $300k from UDub when Peterson passed on him. No one ever disproved Lupoi gave the recruit $4500 to assist in raising his scores to make him eligible. Only that the NCAA couldn't reasonably prove it, so they punted. Peterson showed some integrity. Saban, Lane Kiffin? I dunno.
Addendum- congrats to the recruit. SEC football is a pinnacle.

This post was edited on 4/13 4:26 PM by 1315

Bayside- I would tell you that he's a better recruiter than evaluator. He was great at making relationships and relating to top players. Many of the guys he recruited to Cal and UW didn't have success at the D1 level due to poor academics, character issues, etc. As good a football player as they were, they were not a fit as a student-athlete.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT