ADVERTISEMENT

Alleged hazing/sexual assault at Oak Ridge

Taylor has been a HC since 2002 at 4 different programs. To my knowledge there’s never been any hint of this at any of his previous stops. I find it hard to believe he woke up one day recently and decided to implement hazing into his program.
I 100% agree. The problem is in 2023 what is considered a lack of institutional control carries a lot of shrapnel even if the dude in charge has zero knowledge of the situation. That actually will be used against them, which is ridiculous.

I’m a little torn by this incident. The administrator in me would have cancelled the football season.

The coach in me would have resigned upon hearing the news or immediately following the season. (Just so the remaining kids didn’t have to endure a long season without leadership).

But I would have preferred to resign immediately.

And as a parent… my kid would probably be out of there. Either sit out 30 days and play at Folsom or transfer out of section…

I’m a little torn by this incident. The administrator in me would have cancelled the football season.

The coach in me would have resigned upon hearing the news or immediately following the season. (Just so the remaining kids didn’t have to endure a long season without leadership).

But I would have preferred to resign immediately.

And as a parent… my kid would probably be out of there. Either sit out 30 days and play at Folsom or transfer out of section…
I don't like cancelling the season because it unduly impacts kids who weren't involved in the incident. The season is already different than what they expected.

I also don't think the coach (Casey Taylor in this incident) needs to resign. A full review of your program is needed to try to the best of your ability make sure something like this happens again. That ranges from how summer workouts are handled, team retreats, in season work, how you communicate goals, etc.

I’m

@Streak One check with the legal team, some potential copyright infringement shenanigans going on here 😂
fbifam GIF by CBS

I don't like cancelling the season because it unduly impacts kids who weren't involved in the incident. The season is already different than what they expected.

I also don't think the coach (Casey Taylor in this incident) needs to resign. A full review of your program is needed to try to the best of your ability make sure something like this happens again. That ranges from how summer workouts are handled, team retreats, in season work, how you communicate goals, etc.
Indeed... I'm just speaking for myself... (hypothetically)

IMO, (if the rumors are true) continuing to play is a slap in the face to the victim and his family. When parent's send their kids out to play sports, they expect their kids to be safe. If the rumors and reports are true, then a kid was r8!73d, by people whom he is supposed to trust. The rest of the kids who were not involved would either have to sit this year out and /or be given the option to transfer (30-day sit-out or allowed to play immediately given these unfortunate circumstances).

During this time, a full review of the program can be assessed.

(Hypothetically Speaking) If this happened to one of my loved ones, there would be no football games played. We would shut down every practice, film session, team gathering, rally, and football game. The Oak Ridge football team would not have a season... We would have massive demonstrations at every game! (both home and away)

The incident has been made public, therefore the whole school and community are now involved. Directly and Indirectly...

Cancel the season and you penalize the entire team.
I’m hearing a special teams coach resigned (Not Taylor).
You got a National recruit TE. Folsom must be salivating.
I think we haven’t heard the end of this yet. Who the heck knows.

I understand the victim is the son of one of the OR assistant fb coaches. Can anyone confirm?

I understand the victim is the son of one of the OR assistant fb coaches. Can anyone confirm?
I get where you are coming from, because it does have some bearing on the story and this is a prep football related story and matter.

I’m not the most filtered or offended by any means. But really at this point, I don’t think it matters or is important to know who the victim is or who they are related to. I mean it would prob take little effort to find out for anyone interested to find out, but I wouldn’t post any inferences on here for the kids sake.

Last edited:
I get where you are coming from, because it does have some bearing on the story and this is a prep football related story and matter.

I’m not the most filtered or offended by any means. But really at this point, I don’t think it matters or is important to know who the victim is or who they are related to. I mean it would prob take little effort to find out for anyone interested to find out, but I wouldn’t post any inferences on here for the kids sake.
man come on... the way people talk about kids on here... why this one safe?

man come on... the way people talk about kids on here... why this one safe?
Probably because the kid is a victim of a crime? Someone wants to talk about a kid blowing a game because of a pick that’s fair game.

A kid voluntarily, making a dumb decision and doing something afoul or illegal or criminal yeah that’s fair game as well. This would be a little different. Its actually common sense.

Probably because the kid is a victim of a crime? Someone wants to talk about a kid blowing a game because of a pick that’s fair game.

A kid voluntarily, making a dumb decision and doing something afoul or illegal or criminal yeah that’s fair game as well. This would be a little different. Its actually common sense.

How bout "no kid is fair game"?

This is Common sense...

Reactions: PatCarrillo
Negative. Victim isn’t even on the varsity team. I will leave it at that.

We got football tonite!
Spanish Springs, NV comes to town. I think OR will handle them pretty easily. (As they should). I gotta think 3-4 TD spread. Better game might be MT vs Folsom. MT always has a smaller roster but with a handful of really good speed and 2 way guys. They beat Folsom JV last year. Folsom still the team to beat however in SJS.

Last edited:
Negative. Victim isn’t even on the varsity team. I will leave it at that.

We got football tonite!
Spanish Springs, NV comes to town. I think OR will handle them pretty easily. (As they should). I gotta think 3-4 TD spread. Better game might be MT vs Folsom. MT always has a smaller roster but with a handful of really good speed and 2 way guys. They beat Folsom JV last year. Folsom still the team to beat however in SJS.
Nextdoor El Dorado Hills mentioned this. Sad all around for the victim and his family. Lots of folks here in the community are not a big fan of the principal.

I 100% agree. The problem is in 2023 what is considered a lack of institutional control carries a lot of shrapnel even if the dude in charge has zero knowledge of the situation. That actually will be used against them, which is ridiculous.

So, if any kid commits a violent crime and happens to be a member of an organized team — the coach of that team is responsible no matter what? I mean, I get that this alleged incident involved more than one player and that the victim was a player as well, but where does the line begin and end? If the same kid victimized a non-football player and no other teammates were involved, is the head coach still responsible? What about every other adult leader in the kids life, like teachers, counselors, the principal, etc? Where does the buck stop?

To be clear, I’m not arguing with you, bella123, or suggesting you buy into any of these things, I’m just pointing out the ridiculousness of it all via retorical questioning.

I mean, if the HC of a football team is held responsible for not knowing what the kids are doing behind his back, then EVERY adult influence, mentor, and leader in that kids life needs to bear the responsibility too.

But that would be utterly silly too.

I've thought about this for the past few days and while I have made a point to let conversation flow more easily on the boards, I also don't want to get tangled up in a legal issue since there is an actual ongoing legal issue going on around Oak Ridge.

I will keep this thread unlocked but will moderating it more closely in the future.

I'm fine to talk about it by email (norcalpreps@yahoo.com), but I'm not going to discuss it on here

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT