ADVERTISEMENT

Bay Area connections in NCAA Tournament (from that guy that watched 161 boys high school games this season)

What does this say about local recruiting, especially Cal at 3-29 this year… why is all this talent leaving bay area(except St Mary’s)… and why st Mary’s getting more than Cal
maybe some want to get away from home.

There is no greater recruiting area than Prince George's Co., Maryland and yet the University of Maryland (about which I know a tad) has great difficulty recruiting there even though the school is located in PG County! DeMatha is 5 minutes from campus. A close friend of mine that played at Maryland is on the DeMatha Board. Does it help? Nope. Meanwhile, there's talk of Hunter Dickinson (DeMatha) transferring to Maryland.

Recruiting is difficult. Everywhere. And now, you have to rerecruit yout own players EVERY DAY.

You ain’t whistlin’ Dixie regarding that DC area…

the area often has several teams in the national rankings.

Joey has given them solid minutes off the bench. Defensively I thought he played really well last night also.
Going to take a near perfect game by sdg state and an off night for UConn to see any upset. Stranger things have happened as we know.
Yes. Joey filled in very nicely on Saturday with Hawkins sick from bad calamari. And I agree, was impressive not just with the ball.

Reactions: larry legend33
Joey has given them solid minutes off the bench. Defensively I thought he played really well last night also.
Going to take a near perfect game by sdg state and an off night for UConn to see any upset. Stranger things have happened as we know.
Not sure about the whole "near perfect game" stuff. SDSU got to the title game with key players having off games. Bradley scored 6 vs Alabama and 3 of their top players scored a total of 2 pts vs Creighton. If SDSU plays like they're capable of with all players contributing their fair share and their defense stays the same, they can win WITHOUT UConn having an off night.

Anything is possible but UCONN looks dominant and really hasn’t had a close game in this tourney. When you look at there schedule and overall record it looks even more daunting. They’ve lost to Xavier, Marquette (2x), Providence College, Creighton, and SH. With exception of SH these are all ncaa tourney teams with 20+ winszz Almost all there losses on road in a tough big East.
I’m pulling for SDG St as I think most of us are but they are playing a David role in this one which they probably don’t mind.

Sure, UCONN Looked dominant. But Alabama looked pretty tough to beat too and look what happned. It has been a great tourney and if this game is a reflection on the last three weeks tonight should be a lot of fun to watch with a lot of Nor Cal guys in the mix.

Total domination. Honestly game should have been 20+ margin. St marys should feel good because they played them as good as anybody. UCONN was just that good.

Trammel should have stayed during that stretch when they cut the lead to 6. Once he left, UConn clinched the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT