ADVERTISEMENT

Best solution for rest of the season

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
A lot of the details aren't known yet (can you practice? When do we start back up with games?), but here is my thoughts on it.

Play only the league schedule and advance straight to postseason after it.

Seed playoffs off league records and whatever non-leauge results a team has. Shrink the playoff brackets down if the calendar dictates it.

If we start around the first week of April, this could line up.

This is going to be a major undertaking, but this is a good start.

A lot of the details aren't known yet (can you practice? When do we start back up with games?), but here is my thoughts on it.

Play only the league schedule and advance straight to postseason after it.

Seed playoffs off league records and whatever non-leauge results a team has. Shrink the playoff brackets down if the calendar dictates it.

If we start around the first week of April, this could line up.

This is going to be a major undertaking, but this is a good start.

I don’t think a simple 2-3 week hiatus is gonna be the end of this. I sure hope it is, but I’m honestly thinking this is going to get MUCH worse, before we start seeing any sense of normalcy. I’d be pleasantly surprised to see kids back in school within the next month, at least.

Be Safe

I’d be surprised if any spring sports resume. Even by late May early June the idea of bigger gatherings (playoffs games are way more packed than regular season games) seems like it wot. Happen.

MLB is “tentatively” set to return April 9th?? I was going to Arizona for G men D Backs late March..gone. Planned on going to San Diego April 9-11 and then to Colorado mid May vs. Rockies. Pretty resigned to the fact none of those will be happening and probably won’t see MLB til June or maybe July. HS sports I just don’t see resuming this spring.

Reactions: larry legend33
I’d be surprised if any spring sports resume...............
MLB is “tentatively” set to return April 9th?? ................HS sports I just don’t see resuming this spring.

......or maybe even the rest of this school year.....
cabinfeverCrete17

......or maybe even the rest of this school year.....
cabinfeverCrete17

I’d be surprised if any spring sports resume. Even by late May early June the idea of bigger gatherings (playoffs games are way more packed than regular season games) seems like it wot. Happen.

MLB is “tentatively” set to return April 9th?? I was going to Arizona for G men D Backs late March..gone. Planned on going to San Diego April 9-11 and then to Colorado mid May vs. Rockies. Pretty resigned to the fact none of those will be happening and probably won’t see MLB til June or maybe July. HS sports I just don’t see resuming this spring.

This school year ends this spring? So that would be the rest of this school year :D

So the CA Superintendent of Schools just announced that schools will most likely be closed through this school year. If thats the case then that means no baseball.

I hurt so bad for the Seniors. Most won't ever get a chance to play again!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT