ADVERTISEMENT

BOD event on the 15th

Heritage plays Oakland Tech at 3:30 on Saturday. The only game of the weekend for both teams. The host (BOD) is playing Salesian on Saturday and Mitty on Monday. Both games at 12.

Heritage plays Oakland Tech at 3:30 on Saturday. The only game of the weekend for both teams. The host (BOD) is playing Salesian on Saturday and Mitty on Monday. Both games at 12.
Thanks Pete. Do you know the rest of the schedule? When and who does Etwanda pay?

Yeah Stan isnt running from anything. Not saying anyone else is but Stan at Etiwanda is taking the baptism by fire approach. Hats off to him whether it works in his favor or not.
Hope They can win at least one of these two amazing games

Last edited:
Does anyone have a schedule?
January 13:

9:00 AM Weston Ranch vs. St. Mary's Berkeley
10:30 AM Monte Vista vs. Pinole Valley
12:00 PM O'Dowd vs. Salesian
2:00 PM SPSV vs. Sacred Heart Cathedral
3:30 PM Heritage vs. Oakland Tech
5:00 PM SJM vs. Cornerstone Christian

January 15:

9:00 AM San Leandro vs. Pinole Valley
10:30 AM Sacred Heart Cathedral vs. SJM
12:00 PM O'Dowd vs. Mitty
2:00 PM Castro Valley vs. Inderkum
3:30 PM Salesian vs. Priory
5:00 PM St. Mary's Berkeley vs. Moreau Catholic
6:30 PM Ygnacio Valley vs. Mt. Eden

January 13:

January 15:

Thanks.

Etiwanda in Springfield MA this weekend
Saturday at 1030AM PST they play Sidwell Friends Number 5 in the Nation on NBA TV
Monday at 6AM they play Long Island Lutheran Number 2 in the Nation on ESPNU
Give Stan credit nobody will come close to playing two games of this caliber this weekend
Hope they can win at least one of the two

Last edited:
January 13:

January 15:

Monte Vista beat Pinole Valley 52-44
Bishop O'Dowd beat Salesian 64-50
Sacred Heart Cathedral beat SPSV 58-48
Oakland Tech beat Heritage 61-57

Reactions: AtomicDawg1911
You can't play certain schools with the basic defensive rotations because the system is designed to easily defeat that. Mitty is one of those schools that you can't do that with. But most coaches are to simple to emphasize defense in that manner because it means more work for them. You "may" start seeing the type of defense needed to make a Mitty game competitive during the NorCal Playoffs. Probably won't be enough to beat them because you still need the bodies to at least make it a competitive loss by 20-30

Does anyone else find the talent gap a little pathetic? The fact JV Mitty can probably beat any CCS schools varsity by 20 plus besides maybe pinewood and Sacred Heart Cathedral? BOD is a premier Bay Area program this year and can’t hang within 50 points? BOD can beat some average girls basketball teams in the Bay Area by 100 points. Mitty 15th best player would probably be a star at any other school in the Bay Area. Do they really have kids coming from the North Bay? Thought I read that recently. Regardless, The talent gap in girls basketball is out of control. Maybe I’m just an old man screaming at clouds. There are some great programs and Coaches in the CCS that will never have a chance because a kid that may have played for them is poached in the 3rd grade.

Does anyone else find the talent gap a little pathetic? The fact JV Mitty can probably beat any CCS schools varsity by 20 plus besides maybe pinewood and Sacred Heart Cathedral? BOD is a premier Bay Area program this year and can’t hang within 50 points? BOD can beat some average girls basketball teams in the Bay Area by 100 points. Mitty 15th best player would probably be a star at any other school in the Bay Area. Do they really have kids coming from the North Bay? Thought I read that recently. Regardless, The talent gap in girls basketball is out of control. Maybe I’m just an old man screaming at clouds. There are some great programs and Coaches in the CCS that will never have a chance because a kid that may have played for them is poached in the 3rd grade.
Can you really be mad at Mitty when they put the effort into their AAU program? It's not technically Mitty but the coaches are all involved and they run the same plays. If the most other high schools are not putting that type of effort into the AAU side I don't believe we should be shocked that a lot of kids want to go play for Mitty in highschool out side of AAU. Beside a few high school coaches I just don't see that same commitment there. Until that changes a lot of Kids will want to go to Mitty.

Reactions: TheHillZ
why do all the kids want to go play at the same school… like the Duke effect… I see the number one player in the boys teams is going to Duke next year

Can you really be mad at Mitty when they put the effort into their AAU program? It's not technically Mitty but the coaches are all involved and they run the same plays. If the most other high schools are not putting that type of effort into the AAU side I don't believe we should be shocked that a lot of kids want to go play for Mitty in highschool out side of AAU. Beside a few high school coaches I just don't see that same commitment there. Until that changes a lot of Kids will want to go to Mitty.
Not mad at Mitty. Mad at the lack of good basketball on the girls side in the Bay Area because the only talented players go to the same 4 to 5 schools. When a team can’t find a competitive game in the state of California I think it’s fair to take a look at the overall landscape of high school girls basketball

Good point. I usually inform people that Sue Phillips has a system set up at Mitty. The Freshmen and Junior Varsity teams run the exact same system as the varsity. It is easy for players to progress through the different levels if they possess the talent to beat out their competition. I believe that their JV team has been undefeated for a few years now. I could be incorrect but that's what I have heard.

Good point. I usually inform people that Sue Phillips has a system set up at Mitty. The Freshmen and Junior Varsity teams run the exact same system as the varsity. It is easy for players to progress through the different levels if they possess the talent to beat out their competition. I believe that their JV team has been undefeated for a few years now. I could be incorrect but that's what I have heard.
Zero shade is being thrown at the coaching abilities of Mitty they are the best. My statement had nothing to do with their coaching abilities or skills running a program.

Mitty seriously won by 50? At BOD???

Yeesh...

I owe my friend lunch now...I took BOD +35...

Cmon BOD.... ☹️

****ok I see it was 48..

66-18 final

Wow!

Mitty is a juggernaut ☹️

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT