ADVERTISEMENT

Brackets!!

You are right. This is the first time I have seen Antelope play. But the young SRV players have made a lot of silly turnovers. They should be up a lot more than the score shows.

I think what he is saying is that for the athleticism Antelope has they don't necessarily have any schemes to go with it. I agree with that also. They are good but not very complicated.
oh I'm not claiming they are deserving of open. I'm saying that because he is probably rooting for SRV

No, I coach Varsity at another school. Haha

No offensive creativity.

It just looks to me like Antelope has one scorer #21.

antelope does not play good man to man but they are attacking the basket hard.. still 3 under 1:00

antelope chooses not to foul down 3 and lets SRV get an O-board putback after running out the shotclock.. SRV goes up 5.. then Antelope hits a 3.. might be too little too late with 3.8 seconds left

Reactions: jstblev
well the scoreboard will show a 5 pt win but it was really 3.. SRV makes freethrows after the the refs inexplicably put .5 back on the clock instead of just ending the game

antelope chooses not to foul down 3 and lets SRV get an O-board putback after running out the shotclock.. SRV goes up 5.. then Antelope hits a 3.. might be too little too late with 3.8 seconds left

Good season and great game! I wish the NFHS had more than 3 games streaming tonight....

SMS beat centennial Las Vegas by 11, st joes lost to centennial by 12. St joes got crushed by Mitty twice , crushed by Windward, crushed by LJCD. SMS lost to Mater Dei in last 10 seconds of the game. SMS beat Rosery by 21, CW lost to Rosary. SMS is ranked # 5 in the state , CW #8, St joes NOT in top #25. It was a masterful job of politics and screwing the SMS girls of at least getting possible chance of playing Mitty on a neutral court.
Politics in the seedings? No Way!!! LOL.
These are good points dad. In the case of SJND, they won the first NCS Open and beat BOD along the way (who SMS lost to). Maybe a sign to SJS to create Open Division next season. In the case of CW, you are right, the common opponent of Rosary should have been taken into consideration. maybe they looked at the loss to Clovis North. But in reality, I'll bet CW was rewarded with higher seed so they wouldn't have to travel mid-week. Maybe threw them a bone for moving them to North (a big bone!). It is tough draw for SMS, but I guess time to put up or shut up. Get it done on the court against a very good Cardinal Newman team. Good luck tomorrow night!
You say no politics. Let me explain. Pete Saco is in charge of NorCal tournament and has had a vendetta against SMS coach for many years and he will do whatever it takes to keep the coach from winning his 8th state championship. It seems hard to believe but it’s a fact . Saco is ex-sjs commissioner and has always hated SMS.

You say no politics. Let me explain. Pete Saco is in charge of NorCal tournament and has had a vendetta against SMS coach for many years and he will do whatever it takes to keep the coach from winning his 8th state championship. It seems hard to believe but it’s a fact . Saco is ex-sjs commissioner and has always hated SMS.
One more thing , just heard this morning from Tom that he was told by someone in the meeting that Cardinal Newman was going to travel to CW and at the last minute it got changed. Hmmmm

So Saco still has his hand in the rankings. He does have a real vendetta going against the St. Marys coach going all the way back to when Gonzalves coached the boys at Tokay in Lodi.

The St Mary's coach is not the only one that was a victim of his bias. The way to sever program destroying penalties he threw down on the Franklin high football program was another example of his bias against a coach. He totally ignored the unique extended family dynamic of the Samoan culture to justify the extreme penalties he levied on the program.

It is one thing to punish an individual you have an issue with, but it should not come at the expense of some kid. I have a lot of Samoan friends and it is not unusual for their extended family to come to the USA to live with their Aunts, Uncles, and cousins as if they were immediate family. This has been going on for quite some time. Not only did Saco levy draconian penalties, but he also denied those kids the opportunity available to them through athletic scholarships.

Another incident happened in 2011. The CIF was still operating under the rule that a player could transfer without penalty after their freshman year without sitting out any games. Well, there was a player who got their transfer papers in long before school even started, but Saco used delay tactics to keep from approving the transfer long enough that she missed her entire sophomore season. She was a three-point shooter and would have been an asset that year. But despite Saco's machinations SMS still won the D2 State Title and were voted Co National team of the Year. So it didn't hurt Gonsalves but it certainly hurt the player who lost her sophomore season and a chance to be a part of that team's success.

He also showed his level of ethics and sense of entitlement when he invited his entire neighborhood to watch the Championship game with him in one of the Arco boxes while the SJS raised their ticket prices well beyond what the other sections were charging. I was not just referring to what was charged at Arco, because those are raised even more, but what was charged on the team home floor. It is sorry when an individual uses a position of trust for their own personal gratification and tool as for revenge.

I feel bad for SMS being persecuted like that. Luckily, they’ve had great basketball teams and done extremely well despite being hamstrung with so many obstacles to overcome. Not many other schools would be able to survive those challenges.

Reactions: Bigran44
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT