ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: Folsom v De La Salle

Just a follow up....peole gave me a hard time for saying the 2014 folsom team would have beaten dls...but as i pointed out and as indicated in this article...a national writer who saw dls bg and folsom all play, stated folsom had the best defense that year...add that to the incredible offensive line and the offense and 2014 would have beaten dls 2014 and probably by more than a td
What you need to ask yourself, is better defense against who? That along with the fact Browning was never going to beat DLS after the first two beatings. But we have beaten that so bad you can’t call it a horse anymore.

Just a follow up....peole gave me a hard time for saying the 2014 folsom team would have beaten dls...but as i pointed out and as indicated in this article...a national writer who saw dls bg and folsom all play, stated folsom had the best defense that year...add that to the incredible offensive line and the offense and 2014 would have beaten dls 2014 and probably by more than a td
It's all speculation unless they actually play. The two years prior, DLS gave that QB fits and made Folsom look bad in 2013 45-17 and 2012 49-19. Folsom's offense improved by 2 points and defense by 4. Most likely at least a closer game, but again only speculation. DLS did take off the throttle in those games. Folsom didn't look good in those games and their coach made some crucial bad calls and questionable strategy.

Eh....

Looky here G61, at the end of the day I am going to have bias towards the north every time. Folsom is a poor man's Centennial. And Centennial is De La Salle's kick around boy. So what the hell do you think The Spartans are going to do to Centennial this Friday?!

In the words of the great Steve Smith, "The is going to be blood and guts everywhere"!
That is all fun and cute but it doesn't change the fact that Folsom will win this game.

No way the Folsom defense improved so much between 2013 and 2014. You are so out of touch on that subject.

I was referring to another poster who said the Folsom defense had improved enough from 2013 to 2014 that their defense was better than DLS's that year. Please read more carefully the posts. Obviously, the 2014 Folsom defense was nowhere near the 2014 DLS defense.

That is all fun and cute but it doesn't change the fact that Folsom will win this game.

Cute. Now go win the game this time. Has Folsom ever beaten De La Salle in 53 years? Just a yes or no question, I don't need you to go into great detail.

Cute. Now go win the game this time. Has Folsom ever beaten De La Salle in 53 years? Just a yes or no question, I don't need you to go into great detail.
This post is so cute.

The short answer is yes- Friday night.

Enjoy. Stick around for the festivities on here after the game.

You can agree to disagree all you want, but @RedZone90 is spot on. I honestly don’t know how you can argue against with a serious face.

Centennial has played the very best in the Nation for years and more than held their own. They’ve come closer to beating IMG than anyone else and would have won the game had they not scored too quickly.

Add that to their performances against BG, SJB and MD and that they’ve run through the PAC5 gauntlet multiple times and the soft argument is proven flawed. Losing to a storied program such as DLS doesn’t invalidate them in the least. Lots of excellent physically strong teams have lost to DLS over the years. 2001 POLY wasn’t soft at all. DLS was just better that day.

Tons of respect for coach Matt Logan and "The Evil Empire". They're a public school not afraid to play with some of the recruiting factories. They're what Folsom strives to be.

Tons of respect for coach Matt Logan and "The Evil Empire". They're a public school not afraid to play with some of the recruiting factories. They're what Folsom strives to be.
Folsom has their own proud resume.
They strive to be Folsom. And they do it the right way. Which is even more commendable.

I hope that Folsom does not follow the Matt Logan method of transfers, although didn't Folsom bring in some star players from Reno?

Obviously 2014 is long gone but you cannot say that a national sports writers observations about that folsom defense being better than bg or dls is an irrelevent statement. Unless they play each other, the only way to make such an observation is to observe those teams in person. You asked who did Folsom play compared to DLS to make such an argument...well who did DLS play? Folsom played Cathedral Catholic of SD, who I believe the year prior had either gone to or won a state bowl. The coach of that team, highly regarded in CA sports, stated it was the best team he had ever coached against in 25 years...that was the first game of the season. They also beat a 14-0 Grant team 52 - 21 in the Nor Cal Open after leading 42 - 7...that was Grant's best team since 2008. The SFL is far stronger than NCS, so that alone indicates observing Folsom's defense as it was, was a valid argument. Who does BG play...they probably had a stronger schedule than DLS but they play Nevada teams each year who are just horrible. And I could go on. This logic applies across all sports...if it was the reverse and the same argument had been in favor of DLS, nary a peep from you all. Teams have years where it all comes together...Folsom had three years to build up, learn from loosing to DLS twice, train, execute, etc.

This is why Folsom fans have such an issue with DLS posters..and I wonder if these posters are not even affiliated with DLS but rather haters of Folsom...and just hate to acknowledge Folsom and what they have done...your like liberals ..an argument can be made with substantial evidence, solid inferrence, genuine observation, known facts etc. But they dont apply because you refuse to accept them...logical reasoning has been laid out about 2014 folsom and 2018 folsom and yet facts be damned...i hope folsom beats dls not only because i support them but because i want all you haters to finally shush up...dls has an amazing program and folsom fans acknowledge that and i commend the coaches and players..same goes for folsom...but we need to finally see people off their high horse...if folsom wins...no excuses...or dont start saying folsom can now get crushed by sjb or md...if dls was to win, you all would be gloating...give props to folsom and move on...

Reactions: feedback1
I hope that Folsom does not follow the Matt Logan method of transfers, although didn't Folsom bring in some star players from Reno?
You're a bit late to the party. Both Ngata brothers have attended Folsom they're entire HS careers. They have never been transfers.

I dont think it's any different than Henry Too'to being from Sacramento and deciding to attend DLS.

Last edited:
Coach A in April ..."We are playing Folsom week 3 in 2019, so the series should at least continue through then. Most of these deals work in two year cycles, so I'm sure both sides will circle back after that."

Looks like it could be an ongoing series.

Obviously 2014 is long gone but you cannot say that a national sports writers observations about that folsom defense being better than bg or dls is an irrelevent statement. Unless they play each other, the only way to make such an observation is to observe those teams in person. You asked who did Folsom play compared to DLS to make such an argument...well who did DLS play? Folsom played Cathedral Catholic of SD, who I believe the year prior had either gone to or won a state bowl. The coach of that team, highly regarded in CA sports, stated it was the best team he had ever coached against in 25 years...that was the first game of the season. They also beat a 14-0 Grant team 52 - 21 in the Nor Cal Open after leading 42 - 7...that was Grant's best team since 2008. The SFL is far stronger than NCS, so that alone indicates observing Folsom's defense as it was, was a valid argument. Who does BG play...they probably had a stronger schedule than DLS but they play Nevada teams each year who are just horrible. And I could go on. This logic applies across all sports...if it was the reverse and the same argument had been in favor of DLS, nary a peep from you all. Teams have years where it all comes together...Folsom had three years to build up, learn from loosing to DLS twice, train, execute, etc.

This is why Folsom fans have such an issue with DLS posters..and I wonder if these posters are not even affiliated with DLS but rather haters of Folsom...and just hate to acknowledge Folsom and what they have done...your like liberals ..an argument can be made with substantial evidence, solid inferrence, genuine observation, known facts etc. But they dont apply because you refuse to accept them...logical reasoning has been laid out about 2014 folsom and 2018 folsom and yet facts be damned...i hope folsom beats dls not only because i support them but because i want all you haters to finally shush up...dls has an amazing program and folsom fans acknowledge that and i commend the coaches and players..same goes for folsom...but we need to finally see people off their high horse...if folsom wins...no excuses...or dont start saying folsom can now get crushed by sjb or md...if dls was to win, you all would be gloating...give props to folsom and move on...

And the bbbbbeat goes on......
Hold this post up to a mirror and the reverse holds/reads just as true.
...and injecting politics to make a point is well........pointless, especially with that hot mess imploding at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

As your tacayo oft says.....Let's stick to football..

Tons of respect for coach Matt Logan and "The Evil Empire". They're a public school not afraid to play with some of the recruiting factories.

Yeah, they took the ultimate recruiting factory from arguably the best HS football State in the country right down to the wire and easily could have won. Just scored about :30 too fast.

While CC's continued success over the decades has certainly recruited them some of SoCal's best athletes (they've lost some to Gorman and IMG, among others too), they often succeed with a lot of undersized guys.

Logan is an offensive genius IMO. Love the wide splits they use and the tempo in which they play. I'm not a SoCal guy, but can readily admit they are as much fun to watch as it gets.

I'm not gonna make comparisons to Folsom other than that program has turned themselves into a must watch program too. If they can manage to beat DLS or at least take them right down to the wire in a closely contested game, they will have taken a gigantic leap forward IMO.

Wouldn’t say the SFL is far stronger than NCS last year or this. Outside of Folsom, the rest are very beatable by Pitt, SRV, and Clayton. Pitt beat GB rather easily up there in the playoffs last year 37-14.SRV lost a tough playoff game on the road at Pitt 16-7. I think most years the SFL is the best league in NorCal, but not better than NCS last year or this. Folsom being the exception. And we’ll find out how much of an exception this Friday night

I don't think Folsom gets the credit it deserves. Let's all remember this is a public high school. Virtually all the super powers are private. Other than Centenial Corona which has an enormous enrollment advantage and hoards of transfers every year. The fact that Folsom can even compete with top tier privates is amazing

I don't think Folsom gets the credit it deserves. Let's all remember this is a public high school. Virtually all the super powers are private. Other than Centenial Corona which has an enormous enrollment advantage and hoards of transfers every year. The fact that Folsom can even compete with top tier privates is amazing
Post of the year. Thank you.

I’m sorry but they haven’t competed with any top tier private yet. I’m not sure what credit you think they deserve. That’s the problem here all you Folsom fans feel your entitled. These teams play each other to get the credit they deserve. If anything Folsom gets way more credit then they deserve. Have you seen there ranking? Try explaining that one.

Reactions: SpartanzRule
I’m sorry but they haven’t competed with any top tier private yet.
I think you missed the point of his post. He was praising Folsom for its accomplishments, merely being in the pack with the top privates, while being a public school, doing it the right way, without a heap of SoCal transfers.

You can say what you want. Hate all you want. But this is extremely impressive. Ironically, a majority of posters calling out Folsom for "transfers" (which aren't even transfes by defintion) are PRIVATE SCHOOL fan posters! Amazing.

And gets more credit than they deserve? They are winning and competing with many top tier privates, while playing by a completely separate set of rules. I guess you aren't easily impressed. Would DLS be as good if players like Too'to from Sacramento, went to to Sac High or Folsom, and not DLS? I'm not even mentioning the other players because we could go on for days.

I think you get the point now.

Yep. Bennett and the Ngata brothers.
I'd rather deal in facts, versus trolling. DLSs Too'to is from Sacramento. Not that it matters, right?

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/high-school/joe-davidson/article189677829.html

The debate is never ending with this jovial pair, the banter fierce and genuine.

Who’s the better prospect? Who’s better looking? The better dancer? Who’s faster?

When asked about their quickness, brothers Daniyel and Joseph Ngata walked over each other’s words.

“I am!” one said, followed by subsequent back-and-forth of, “I am! I am! I am!”

Be the first to know.
No one covers what is happening in our community better than we do. And with a digital subscription, you'll never miss a local story.

But this much is undisputed for the Folsom High School football stars: They’re always pulling for each other and are nearly inseparable. When one scores a touchdown, the other starts the sideline celebration. When one starts a postgame dance in the locker room, the other joins. On Friday, they’re hoping to cap the season with one last “Ngata Boogie”.

Folsom (15-0) seeks its third CIF State title since 2010 when it faces Helix of La Mesa (13-1) for the Division I-AA championship at Sacramento State.

The brothers’ effort, desire and talent combined with the Bulldogs’ success has put them in the spotlight, drawing interest from colleges nationwide, but also unwanted attention of those casting doubt on the legitimacy of their journey from Reno to Folsom. They bristle at the notion they were recruited to their high school.

Joseph says with conviction, “We don’t cheat.”

daniyel%20ngata%202%20-%2020171124_Folsom%20Jesuit_0998

So, who’s faster?
Daniyel, compact and muscled at 5-foot-9 and 180 pounds, is a sophomore who leads the Bulldogs in rushing and makes plays as a receiver, a blocker and on special teams. He is the team’s most versatile player.

Joseph, powerfully built with speed to match at 6-foot-3 and 210 pounds, is a junior with soft hands that latch onto footballs in the tightest of coverage. He’s attracted interest from the Pacific-12 Conference and beyond.

Why Folsom, Placer have edge in state championships, and what to expect in other finals
“Washington, USC, (Washington State), UCLA, Colorado, Oregon, Cal, (Oregon State), Notre Dame, Penn State,” Joseph said of some of his scholarship offers.

Daniyel also has Pac-12 interest, including an offer from Utah, and figures to add more his junior season, which is considered one of the most important times for college prospects.

College scouts who caught the Ngata act at Granite Bay this fall nodded in approval at what they saw. In three plays, the brothers passed the look test.

When Joseph took a sweep handoff 80 yards for a touchdown, he was led by Daniyel, who cleared the way with downfield blocks. When quarterback Kaiden Bennett sprinted 75 yards for a touchdown, there was Daniyel again, blasting cornerbacks and safeties out of the way some 50 yards downfield.

Joseph has 76 receptions for 1,681 yards and 25 touchdowns, and he earns style points for the way he catches the ball. Said Del Campo coach Mike Dimino, “He’s the best receiver I’ve ever seen in my 30 years coaching around here.”

But every championship outfit needs someone to do the grunt work. That’s Daniyel, who has rushed for 823 yards and 10 scores, has 34 catches for 364 yards and four touchdowns, and has 188 kickoff return yards.

“I love the dirty work,” Daniyel said.

So, again, who’s faster?

“I wonder that, too,” said their father, Ray Ngata, with a laugh. “I have tried to get them to run a 40- or 60-yard dash, but they keep avoiding it. No one wants to admit the other one is faster. I just know they keep me in shape. We go to the track and go 10 laps, all of us. They push me.”

That last comment is telling. In an era of pushy parents who drive their kids to excel in athletics, the Ngata family offers a different tone. Ray Ngata doesn’t live his sporting life vicariously through his sons. He’s as opposite of LaVar Ball as you can get. Ray stays out of the public eye; this is the only interview he has done. He doesn’t challenge the coaching of his sons. But he does expect full effort in their studies and in football.

“Great kids, great parents,” Folsom coach Kris Richardson said. “The boys are so respectful, so hard-working, and they’re great talents. Daniyel is the happiest kid you’ll ever meet. Joe is more serious, but together, they’re hilarious.”

joe%20ngata%203%20-%2020171202_Folsom%20St%20Mary(3)

Joe Ngata has received offers from “Washington, USC, (Washington State), UCLA, Colorado, Oregon, Cal, (Oregon State), Notre Dame, Penn State,” he said.
Brian Baer Brian Baer/Special to The Bee

Soccer and Reno roots

Ray Ngata grew up in Cameroon, a country in central Africa, and he dreamed of earning a living on the soccer pitch.

Ray would realize academics were his ticket instead. In his late 20s, he moved to Washington, D.C., where he earned degrees in business administration and economics at University of District of the Columbia. He moved with wife Patricia to Reno in pursuit of a career in human services.

Ray played recreational soccer into his 40s and would have been fine with his sons pursuing the same passion. But the boys have always been independent thinkers, and by the time Ariel, the oldest son, was in middle school, he was ready to play a different sport. His brothers wanted to follow suit.

“So I let the boys do the research on where they might want to go to school and play high school football,” Ray said. “Originally, they liked Allen High in Texas, which was big time, the No. 1 team in the country. But that’s not realistic here. We’re not going to be driving back and forth to Texas.

“We told the boys as parents that the objective here is to get a high school diploma, to get into college, to get one degree, minimum. No dropping out. No getting a job instead. I made a vow that as long as you boys accept the deal, we’ll do anything in our capacity to see that you get into college and play college football.”

Ariel earned a football scholarship from Washington, where he redshirted as a freshman linebacker this season.

“The Ngata brothers are talented athletes,” Oak Ridge coach Eric Cavaliere said. “You can tell they have a soccer background. They always seem to know how to run comfortably at full speed in traffic. Joe is as NFL ready as a high school player I have seen since Jonah Williams,” the former Folsom star and an All-America left tackle at Alabama this season.

While playing youth football tournaments in Sacramento, the Ngata brothers caught wind of regional powers Folsom and Grant. The boys told their father they wanted to check out Folsom. And that’s where rumors started.

daniyel%20ngata%201%20-%2020170929_GB%20FOLSOM_0888

‘We’ve done everything right’
Throughout these football playoffs, social media threads filled with voices insisting that Folsom football coaches, headed by Richardson, recruited the Ngata brothers and quarterback Bennett, also a Reno native.

“Just ridiculous some of the things being said,” said Richardson, adding that the Bulldogs lose more starters via transfer than they gain. “We hear it. We see it. But I’ve never been to Reno to look at players. I’m trying to survive here as a father, a husband, a teacher and a coach. It’s today’s world, where people poke holes at success. For those who challenge us and think we’re cheating, if you want to schedule a meeting, I’m here on campus every day. Got a complaint? Come see me.”

The Sac-Joaquin Section office, the governing body for prep sports in this region, found no evidence of wrongdoing. Ariel Ngata entered Folsom as an incoming sophomore and didn’t play football until his junior year. The younger Ngata brothers and Bennett have only attended one high school: Folsom.

Ray lives in Reno and commutes to Folsom for football weekends. His sons live with their mother and grandmother during the week near the school, which is counter to the rumor that they live in a party house full of transfer players, or at a hotel as a loophole to residential eligibility.

“The rumors,” Ray said, “totally bogus. We could have gone to Texas. No one recruited us. We decided on Folsom because it’s two hours away from Reno, and it’s a great school. I did my research, too. We never met Coach Richardson until we found him on campus, and he said we need to get an application to enroll. He later told us that, ‘Here at Folsom, the best players play.’ Guess what the boys’ reaction was? They jumped. They were excited. They wanted a great challenge, and they’re still living it.”

Daniyel and Joe said they are proud of their roots, that they are Reno raised and Folsom Bulldogs groomed.

“Yes, we’re from Reno!” Joseph said emphatically, laced with laughter. “We’ve done everything right.”

They’ve earned their place at Folsom, Ray said.

“I tell them that they are lions. Lions protect themselves. And when lions roar, all the animals that can become prey change direction,” he said. “So as a lion, make it happen. They’ve made it happen.”

And the lions are ready to feast.

“We want to win the last game,” Daniyel said.

A new article from the Sac Bee today on Kaiden Bennett.

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/high-school/joe-davidson/article216531205.html

Why Kaiden Bennett is Folsom’s most crucial player on a roster with national recruits
By Joe Davidson

August 15, 2018 03:55 PM

Updated 9 hours 45 minutes ago

It all starts with Kaiden Bennett, the quarterback, the one with the ball and control of the game.

Bennett is Folsom High School’s dazzling senior leader poised for an even better outing this fall. The starting line for the 2018 season is in Contra Costa County — in Concord, to be specific.

On Friday night, Bennett and friends take on storied De La Salle in a titanic season opener with the goal of halting the Spartans’ remarkable 27-year, 291-game unbeaten streak against Northern California competition.

Bennett would arrive days early for a head start, to get a feel for the place, if allowed

“I can’t wait,” he said with a grin after Saturday morning’s scrimmage against Sheldon in which he tossed four touchdown passes. “I’m way ready to go. It’s been a long wait for the season to start. I want to do better at everything — leadership, reads, all of it.”

In 2017, Bennett was tough to handle. In earning Bee Offensive Player of the Year honors, Bennett shredded teams with his deft deep-ball touch and his short-route zip passes, often finding Bee Player of the Year Joe Ngata.

And Bennett — known as KB — could run, by improvisation or by design. He passed for 4,431 yards and 57 touchdowns while rushing for 1,218 yards and 16 scores for a team that barreled to a 16-0 season and a CIF State Division I-AA championship.

“It’s not just KB and me on the same page,” said Ngata, who has given a verbal commitment to Clemson. “He’s on the same page with everyone. He’s fun to watch and fun to play with.”

So here Bennett comes again, standing at just a hair under 6-foot-1 and 175 pounds, ready to burden his share of the load.

Quarterback stars are nothing new here. This era of excellence under coach Kris Richardson started with Cary Grossart in 2008, then included, in order: Dano Graves, Tanner Trosin, Jake Browning, Jake Jeffrey and now Bennett. Those quarterbacks combined to win eight league titles, seven section and three CIF State championships with three additional 14-1 seasons thrown in.

“It always starts with the quarterback here,” Richardson said. “We can have great skill guys and good linemen, but if we don’t give the quarterback time, it doesn’t work. And the quarterback here runs the show. He’s got to make the reads, make the throws, be an extension of the coaching staff. (Bennett) does all of that and he’s an incredible athlete and leader.

“To be a great quarterback, you’ve got to control your emotions, and he’s great at that, too. We love him.”

Bennett smiles a lot, reflective of a young man in his element. He arrived just before his freshman year by way of Reno, where his father, Derek, grew up. His mother, Jasmine, grew up in Sacramento.

Bennett blended in on campus with his personality and ability to handle a ball.

KB, it appears, has been the man since he was a boy

“I love the pressure, love being a leader, being the guy,” Bennett said. “Since I was a kid, I was the focal point. It was always, ‘Stop KB! Stop No. 1!’ It’s never changed.”

Bennett will be a focal point for De La Salle, which sports its most athletic and ferocious defense in a decade, according to Spartans coaches.

He anticipates another CIF State title run. Along the way, he hopes to generate more recruiting interest.

Bennett may not emerge as a major national recruit such as Elijhah Badger or Joe and Daniyel Ngata, but he has garnered scholarship offers from Utah, Sacramento State and UC Davis.

That he doesn’t have more big-school looks puzzles Richardson and assistant coach Bobby Fresques. They hear it plenty and tire of hearing it: if Bennett were only an inch or two taller ...

So add a bit more motivation for KB.

“He feels he’s still slighted by recruiters,” Fresques said. “San Diego State has offered him as an ‘athlete’ and same with Utah. The kid can play, and he can read defenses. We know that. Someone’s going to get a heck of a player.”

Bennett said he won’t let any slights hamper him.

“It stings a little, but I keep moving forward, keep working hard,” Bennett said of his recruiting profile. “It’s out of my control. I know what I can do.”

Bennett is not short of confidence, which his coaches say also will appeal to recruiters. Playing quarterback isn’t for the meek at any level.

Bennett hams it up with teammates, insisting he’s the fastest of them all. He reminds his father, who played prep ball in Reno, that he would run circles around him, then and now.

“He tells me he’s better, but I know better,” Bennett said with a laugh. “He can’t touch me.”

Bennett’s Twitter handle speaks of his confidence: “In Kaiden We Trust.”

“He’s the nicest kid around, but he competes and gets after it,” Richardson said. “He’s our guy.”

I think you missed the point of his post. He was praising Folsom for its accomplishments, merely being in the pack with the top privates, while being a public school, doing it the right way, without a heap of SoCal transfers.

You can say what you want. Hate all you want. But this is extremely impressive. Ironically, a majority of posters calling out Folsom for "transfers" (which aren't even transfes by defintion) are PRIVATE SCHOOL fan posters! Amazing.

And gets more credit than they deserve? They are winning and competing with many top tier privates, while playing by a completely separate set of rules. I guess you aren't easily impressed. Would DLS be as good if players like Too'to from Sacramento, went to to Sac High or Folsom, and not DLS? I'm not even mentioning the other players because we could go on for days.

I think you get the point now.
You got me all wrong. I think Folsom has done a great job with there program top to bottom. But they are not competing with any top tier private yet. Friday night will be there first game against a top private in 5 years. And they have yet to compete. the only place Folsom competes with top tier teams is on paper and this board. For Folsom fans that seems to be enough. I love what Folsom has done with there program and its looking like it’s only getting better.

You got me all wrong. I think Folsom has done a great job with there program top to bottom. But they are not competing with any top tier private yet. Friday night will be there first game against a top private in 5 years. And they have yet to compete. the only place Folsom competes with top tier teams is on paper and this board. For Folsom fans that seems to be enough. I love what Folsom has done with there program and its looking like it’s only getting better.
Depends on how you define "top tier" private. 3 or 4 private schools in the nation? Tough bar I guess.

The big night is ahead of us my friend. Only a few days.

I'd rather deal in facts, versus trolling. DLSs Too'to is from Sacramento. Not that it matters, right?

Right but what other kids on DLS's roster played with To'oto'o on his youth team or at his old high school? Bennett and the Ngata brothers literally played on the same youth team in Reno since they were kids and opted to go to high school together in a whole different state.

We're not talking about kids who played for the same youth team and ended up at the local HS together, these three literally grew up playing together two plus hours away from the nationally ranked school they opted to attend. There's no school in Reno which would have helped them sniff an NIAA State Championship. Not with Gorman in the state anyways.

All in all, I don't really care I'm just giving you the facts you asked for (or purposely ignored).

The real question should be if Folsom is going to curb stomp De La Salle and To'oto'o is from right in Folsom's back yard how the hell and why the **** would he choose to go pay a tuition at De La Salle when he could go play for a "much better program", closer by and for free?! The only logical explanation is because he moved.

Last edited:
Reactions: NorCalHSFan
Right but what other kids on DLS's roster played with To'oto'o on his youth team or at his old high school? Bennett and the Ngata brothers literally played on the same youth team in Reno since they were kids and opted to go to high school together in a whole different state.

All in all, I don't really care I'm just giving you the facts you asked for (or purposely ignored).
I am smelling excuses.

I could care less who played youth football together. Are we 8? To'oto'o is from Sacramento and decided to attend DLS, an hour and a half away or so. Does it matter? Nope.

Did you read the article I posted? It has all of the "facts."

How many kids on DLS are from Concord? How many live outside the area and decided to attend DLS? Ironic to call others out...especially kids that didn't transfer, but rather moved into the school district prior to freshman year to attend.....all within the rules.

If you are going to troll, at least get it right. No excuses come Friday night.

I am smelling excuses.

I could care less who played youth football together. Are we 8? To'oto'o is from Sacramento and decided to attend DLS, an hour and a half away or so. Does it matter? Nope.

How many kids on DLS are from Concord? How many live outside the area and decided to attend DLS? Ironic to call others out...especially kids that didn't transfer, but rather moved into the school district prior to freshman year to attend.....all within the rules.

Just win the game this time g61

I am smelling excuses.

Okay well, if To'oto'o is from Sac and Folsom is the better program as you suggest then why the hell would he opt to go to school and hour and a half away just to pay tuition when he could have attended school 20 minutes away and played for the better program? The only logical explanation here is that he moved.

To your point about DLS, they're a private school. You pay a tuition to attend De La Salle meaning you can live on Mars and attend that school because at the end of the day, they're paying to go to school there. Is it supposed to be that way? No. It's unfair. I live within the Central Coast Section where the WCAL Schools get away with anything and everything they want because they've got the Archdiocese and all their money to protect them. As a result you have your public schools who have done the same in order to compete and as fair as it may sound, it's not right.

Simply put, if you're going to attend a public school then go to the school you're supposed to attend. If you folks wanna pay the $25k a year tuition for you to be able to pick, then so be it. I personally will never send my children to private schools.

Okay well, if To'oto'o is from Sac and Folsom is the better program as you suggest then why the hell would he opt to go to school and hour and a half away just to pay tuition when he could have attended school 20 minutes away and played for the better program? The only logical explanation here is that he moved.

To your point about DLS, they're a private school. You pay a tuition to attend De La Salle meaning you can live on Mars and attend that school because at the end of the day, they're paying to go to school there. Is it supposed to be that way? No. It's unfair. I live within the Central Coast Section where the WCAL Schools get away with anything and everything they want because they've got the Archdiocese and all their money to protect them. As a result you have your public schools who have done the same in order to compete and as fair as it may sound, it's not right.

Simply put, if you're going to attend a public school then go to the school you're supposed to attend. If you folks wanna pay the $25k a year tuition for you to be able to pick, then so be it. I personally will never send my children to private schools.
Your points are flawed in the fact that you keep comparing a public school to a private school. There is no comparison. You keep bringing up players who opted to attend a better public HS, within the rules, yet try to explain away the same situation for a private school. It's a good thing we live in America, where we can make our own choices, within applicable rules and laws.

I could care less what is fair and what is not. As long as you are following the rules, it is fine in my book. If DLS chose to waive tuition or give a scholarship for a kid from Oak Park, that was in the Sac High school district, then so be it. Good for him. But don't chastise others who made similar decisions, just because you are trying to troll.

I think the Ngata brothers parents decision worked out well. Clemson and Notre Dame aren't bad schools, considering they paid nothing for HS to garner those rides. Me likes! :)

I think another poster said it best (I forget the name), when they said they were pretty sure most of these negative posters are Folsom haters, rather than DLS posters or fans.

I fully agree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT