ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING NEWS...ROB MARCALETTI OUT AT ST IGNATIUS. STORY BY ETHAN KASSEL

Looks like SI is getting serious about competing in the WCAL in both boys and girls hoops. Would not be a shock to see another head coaching change or two or three upcoming. Maybe total intergalactic domination in lacrosse isn't quite enough anymore.

Yes, Joe Skiffer. He's also the AD at Urban so I don't know if he could keep that and coach at SI. I don't know if SI would offer a full time position.

Another possibility might be Elliot Smith, who is a Saint Ignatius graduate, but he is also the AD at Lick-Wilmerding and also the Boys Basketball Head Coach.

SI is preparing for the possible, or the inevitable “Riordan” surge/takeover in Both Boys and Girls sports, Basketball being the biggest. SI is about the make, or desires to make HUGE Coaching hires in Girls and Boys Hoops.

Time to go get Joe Skiffer!
Good train of thought but hearing a different alumni.
SI is preparing for the possible, or the inevitable “Riordan” surge/takeover in Both Boys and Girls sports, Basketball being the biggest. SI is about the make, or desires to make HUGE Coaching hires in Girls and Boys Hoops.
I wouldn't say that hiring the Urban coach on the girl's side is huge. That being said, if they are able to get their man on their boy's side your HUGE thought will be 100% correct.

Good train of thought but hearing a different alumni.

I wouldn't say that hiring the Urban coach on the girl's side is huge. That being said, if they are able to get their man on their boy's side your HUGE thought will be 100% correct.

Ali Thomas is on staff, but not sure of his availability. Ideal hire is someone that already is on staff as a teacher or admin. They dare not give Darrell Barbour a call! That would be a kick in the nads.

Ali Thomas is on staff, but not sure of his availability. Ideal hire is someone that already is on staff as a teacher or admin. They dare not give Darrell Barbour a call! That would be a kick in the nads.
He's gone per Ethan Kassel:

Maya Fok was hired on the female side of the hoops ledger two weeks ago at SI.

Reactions: m4success
Would Coach Forslund be a potential head hoops mentor on that Sunset District campus?

After DeBenedetti, there was a AAA coach (SI Alumni) who was in the running for the SI job but was not able to get an on-campus PE job at SI as he was a PE teacher at his school. Ended up hiring Reardon.

I think it would be tough for Joe Skiffer and Eliot Smith (who were mentioned in this thread) to leave their coaching jobs at their schools if they are unable to secure an on-campus position at SI. It will be interesting to see who SI will hire.

My belief is that SI would want to go considerably younger than Elliot Smith or Forslund. Plus Elliot is part of the fabric at Lick. I'd be shocked if he would even consider leaving.

Reactions: ayalar09
Maya Fok a good hire on girls side. As for guy side. I would think Skiffer or Guilbeaux would like the opportunity, but its a different game now with parents calling the shots. May not be appealing. But definitely looking for a teacher/coach.

I am hearing the name Phil Fortier. SI Alum? Anyone have any further potential info on him?

Paul Fortier...A former SF and St Ignatius great. When St Ignatius was really good. The class of 1982. PLAYED at the University of Washington and then overseas for 17 years....

He was a college assistant coach for like 10 years with Lorenzo Romar. NOW he is at Drexal university...He hasn't Been in the city in 20 years...

GOOD people and good coach. I don't know if he wants to really coach High School. ESPECIALLY back in San Francisco.

I am hearing the name Phil Fortier. SI Alum? Anyone have any further potential info on him?

Reactions: OpenRun
Paul Fortier...A former SF and St Ignatius great. When St Ignatius was really good. The class of 1982. PLAYED at the University of Washington and then overseas for 17 years....

He was a college assistant coach for like 10 years with Lorenzo Romar. NOW he is at Drexal university...He hasn't Been in the city in 20 years...

GOOD people and good coach. I don't know if he wants to really coach High School. ESPECIALLY back in San Francisco.
100% percent agree with the complementary post about Paul. If SI is lucky enough and Paul takes the job I think it would be a great hire on many levels.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT