ADVERTISEMENT

Capital Christian Showcase

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
Still getting myself situated…. Needed some sleepy-bye after that epic Del Oro-Rocklin game last night.

Good thing I stayed overnight in the Sac area…

Anyway, the Fortune Early College-Stockton v St Mary’s-Albany game is going on…. 32-30 Fortune with 2:06 left in the 3rd quarter.

I’m still organizing here…. Sucks to be old.. but it does NOT suck to be retired!

Aaaaanywayyyy…

Now it’s 37-32 Fortune, 6:41 left. Can’t say this has been real pretty. :)

Reactions: M.C. fan
St. Mary’s takes the lead, 1:58 to go…. 40-39.

Now 49.5 left, Fortune up 43-42, they have the ball after a backcourt violation.

Still waking up here….

Fortune TRAVELS…. St. Mary’s with a chance here.

And they succeed! Nice pass down low for a bunny. 22.5 left, Fortune has it now, time out. They have the rock with a chance to get the lead/game back.

#1 nails a J from the FT line, Fortune gets that lead…. 5.4 seconds left…. They have a bunch of fouls to give…. Um…. scoreboard goof. St. Mary’s at the line, down one…. First FT good, ties it up…. Fortune calls time.

That was REALLY unfortunate, but the coach should have known that from their own scorekeeper with the book.

3 seconds left, ST. Mary’s FT to get the lead…. Good..

Fortune gets it in, races down the sideline, halfcourt heave…. The bank is OPEN!!! Fortune with an incredibly improbable win!

So, next up: St. Patrick-St. Vincent faces Manteca.

SPSV is 8-3, Manteca 11-6.

The California rankings for the two are really close, Manteca #243, SPSV #254.

Tyriq McNeal scores inside for SPSV… 2-0.

Peyton Nieman with a corner 3 for Manteca…

SPSV with an inside score, 4-3. SPSV.

5:19 left 1st.

Santiago Sanders fouled, 2 FT’s for Manteca…. makes both. 5-4 Manteca.

Wow, what a move by McNeal, SPSV leads 6-5.

McNeal again with a strong score, and he’s fouled. Makes the FT. He’s a 6’8” junior, btw.

Chritian Tusclair adds to the SPSV run…. 12-5.

16-5 now, getting ugly and I’m getting behind. 2:52 left 1st.

Manteca has had several shots roll out…. They better start falling soon.

Finally, a Manteca FT breaks the run. But SPSV keeps on rolling…. 21-6.

Bingo! Evani Gaeta nails a 3 for Manteca… 21-9. Steal, Gaeta is fouled…. Bonus FT’s good. 21-11.

SPSV tries for last shot, it doesn’t go, but Manteca gets off a J from the same spot as the last time’s game-winner and it BARELY missed, the bank must have just closed…. Just rolled out.

Nelson goes down the right edge of the lane, scores… he’s fouled, hits the FT. 21-14.

Nice move by Isaiah Wilson for 2, but Gaeta nails a 3…. and next time down, Manteca scores again…. 23-19 now. 6:17 left in the half.

Josiah Jones fouled, at the line for SPSV…. Makes the 1st, misses the 2nd. 24-19.

SPSV travel, 5:36 left.

Steal, terrific pass by Macneil to Jones for a score…. SPSV now up 26-19.

Mcneil steals, goes all the way for a score…. 28-19.

Mcneal is a beast out there…. Rebound, all the way down against pressure, miss, rebound that miss, fouled. FT’s split. 30-19.

Mcneal rebound, takes it him self, pass to Jones for a score. Now dude thinks he’s a point guard. 32-19.

Manteca 1 of 2 FT’s, 32-20.

LONG 3 by Nieman a couple plays later, now it’s 34-25 SPSV. time out, 2:06 left in the half.

I;m seeing the MaxPreps roster has a few peeps missing…. One of those sinks a SPSV FT. Now it’s 37-27 SPSV, but Micah Crawford nails a 3 for Manteca…. 37-30.

Deuce Walker (Coach’s kid?) hits a 3 for SPSV to make it 40-30 at the half.

McNeil again, recieves a lob and scores.. 42-30. Kid is scary good…. and he’s a junior.

Soon as I say that, he turns it over….

Nelson rebound, he’s fouled going up for Manteca…. FT’s split. 42-31.

Dominique Trotter of SPSV fouled…. makes both. 44-31.

Nieman fouled on the way to the hoop. FT’s split. 44-32.

Next time down, Nieman nails a midrange…. but SPSV answers. 46-34. 3:57 left 3rd.

McNeal goes all the way and THROWS DOWN!! 48-34.

SPSV gets it back…. Walker hits a midrange.. McNeal rebound, outlet to another Bruin, who lays it in…. 52-34. 2:35 left 3rd.

LJ Legan goes up-and-under for a Manteca score…. 52-36.

Game’s getting fast…. 54-38.

Gaeta hits a 3…. 54-41.

McNeal foul, Manteca with a pair…. Garrison Reis at the line. FT’s split. 54-42.

That’s the end of the quarter.

Reis with a pivot move…. 54-44.

Corner 3 by #22 of SPSV. 57-44.

Corner 3 by Gaeta…. 57-47. 5:08 left.

#22 SPSV nails a 3.. 60-47.

Another SPSV score after a steal, then another steal, foul. Walker at the line. FT’s split. 63-47, 3:29 left.. think I’ll take a break.

Going low-speed on the updates for awhile…. can’t seem to get a comfortable typing position with the keyboard.

9-5 Pondo, 3:39 left 1st.

#30 scores inside for Pondo…. 35-30. Antelop #12 fouled, FT’s split. 35-31.

Lopes steal and break, #5 scores…. 35-33.

Antelop ties it up at 35…. 4:52 left 3rd.

Rebound and break, nice lead pass to #5 of Antelope, fouled…. FT’s split. Pondo gets loose for 2…. 37-36 Pondo.

Now 39-38 Pondo…. still trying to figure out things here. That and it’s almost impossible to see the numbers on Antelope’s guys…. 3:18 left 3rd, Pondo just nails a 3…. 42-38.

Pondo by 4….

Nice fast break by Antelope! 42-40.

Rebound, another runout…. Foul. FT’s split. Pondo by 1.

Near tiurnover, but Pondo #1 fouled. FT’s split.. 43-42. I think.

#5 nails a 3 for Pondo…. 46-42. Nobody’s yelling “score”, so it must be ok…Antelope hits 1 of 2…. 46-43 Pondo.

Bonus FT’s after a Pondo foul…. Bingo, clank. Antelope rebound, eventual inside score… tied at 46. Last-second Pondo try bounces. out.

46-all after 3 quarters.

Now 51-all after I move again, trying to find just that angle for my keybaord…. 6:25 left. Now 53-53 Antelope…. steal, #23 goes to the rack, fouled. FT’s good. 55-51 Antelope.

Another rebound…. #5 nails a 3! 58-51.

Another stop, 3-pointer… suddenly, it’s Antelope by 10. 61-51, 4:55 left.

I think mayyyyyybeeee my typing spot is set…. We’ll see after I’ve been here for a game or so.

Pondo finally breaks the run, 61-53.

#2 puts back his own miss for Antelope…. 63-53. 3:23 left.

POndo #33 hits, 63-55. steeal…. can’t do a thing with it.. Antelope #5 scores…. 65-55. 1:55 left.

Steal, runout.. 67-55. Pondo #33 with a spin move, and 1. 1:20 left. FT good. I was JUST gonna say Antelope was showing discipline in using clock, but they charge.. still, they get the ball back,fouled…. They’re gonna run thing out. Final score, 68-58.

Next up, Granite Bay, who almost surprised Folsom last night, faces Edison of Stockton.

Hmm.. I saw the Granite Bay result by watching the end of the NFHS video, turned the score in to MaxPreps…. I think it was a 65-62 loss to Folsom. But it doesn’t show anywhere.

Bang! #3 of GB gets the parrty started with a 3…

Edison #21 scoes inside.

Edison steal, #2 scores…. 4-3 Edison.

Edison rebound…. Foul, EDison #2 at the stripe.. Both good. 6-3 Edison.

GB #10 drives, fouled…. makes 1 of 2. 6-4 Edison

Edison travel, GB ball.

GB #22 nails a 3! 7-6 GB.

Edison #4 gets to the cup…. 8-7 Edison.

4:24 left 1st.

GB #10 nails a corner 3! 10-8 GB…

Edison #2 drives to the cup for 2.

GB #23 fouled…. FT’s split. 11-10 GB.

Refs getting a little frustrated with Shot Clock Guy…

GB steal! Stolen back, tho.. Edison makes it 12-11.

The bring the press all the way up…. GB calls time out. 1:50 left 1st.

Uhoh…. Roof leak making the floor wet. Game stopped whilest they figure it out.

Well, right now, they mopped the small wet spot up…. Hopefully, it won’t become a problem.

They’ve got a guy right by the spot with a mop, looks like that’s what they’re gonna do.

Two GB tries in the last seconds bounce out…. 12-11 Edison after 1 quarter.

Edison steal, #2 scores… his jam attempt goes straight up and falls back in.

ANOTHER steal…. #4 scores. 16-11 Edison.

Edison, yet another steal, #2 scores, and 1. FT nope…. 18-11.

GB is looking like they are suffering the after-affects of last night’s battle with Folsom. 20-11 now.

#4 of Edison gets to the cup for another layup… 22-11. GB time out to try and figure out what to do against this Edsion press. 5:49 left in the half.

Nice pass to #34 of GB…. 22-13.

Edison putback score…. 24-13.

Edison rebound, #4 scores…. 26-13. 3:46…. Pee break for me…. brb.

I am just NOT having a good day physically…

Got back here and immediately spilled half of my Coke.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT