ADVERTISEMENT

CIF Gameday 3/3/20

Update from Kezar:

At the Half Santa Cruz 29 Stuart Hall 27

Size a little bit of an issue for the Hall in this game thus far

said if before. Whitney is the best 16th seed I’ve seen. Granada has hands full.
Granada started the game spotting them a 12 point lead after 3; battled back to take a lead. Got sloppy at the end. Whitney hit buzzer beater to take the halftime lead. Should be a good second half. Feels like Granada will take over but I’m often wrong!

DLS 41-21;at half. SJM won 2nd quarter by a point after spotting DLS a 21 point lead after 1st.

Whitney plays a ton of kids and they don’t have any stars but all of them can beat you. The big kid #33 is solid. Old school. Just a tough test for anybody. No easy games

Hall down 2 10 seconds left...made free throw. Hall down the court to Jackson Jung....3 up!!! Good!!!!

Hall wins! Hall wins!

CIF tried to screw us by putting a D1 team as a 16 seed in the D4 bracket.....Hall is onto the next one!

Hall down 2 10 seconds left...made free throw. Hall down the court to Jackson Jung....3 up!!! Good!!!!

Hall wins! Hall wins!

CIF tried to screw us by putting a D1 team as a 16 seed in the D4 bracket.....Hall is onto the next one!

Santa Cruz a D4 school. They were D4 in the CCS bracket.

Hall wins! Hall wins!

Santa Cruz is no where near D1 caliber. You have got to be joking on this one. The best and highest I have ever seen them play is D3 and that has been their home for at least the last 10 or so years.

Santa Cruz is no where near D1 caliber. You have got to be joking on this one. The best and highest I have ever seen them play is D3 and that has been their home for at least the last 10 or so years.

How many kids attend Santa Cruz? That’s right. I’m
Not saying their Riordan or Modesto Christian, but it’s a joke that a school that big would be willing to play D4 as a 16 seed. Is what it’s.

Santa Cruz a D4 school. They were D4 in the CCS bracket.
D1, give me a break. Two of the teams they lost to are in D3, Carmel blew them out, Palma, and a few other team they lost to in CCS are not even in Nor Cal. And another team they lost to Aptos got hammered by SHC in the CCS. So how are they D1 again.

Last edited:
DLS might win D1. And next year they maybe the best team in all of California.

They would have competed fine in open this year but weren’t deserving. Agree they will be a top 3-5 calif team next year and best in NorCal.

Some of you clearly have NO IDEA that CCS divisions are strictly enrollment-based for D1-D5. Has nothing to do with quality. CIF made a mistake in the Santa Cruz seeding, but it has nothing to do with their CCS seed

Reactions: ayalar09
How many kids attend Santa Cruz? That’s right. I’m
Not saying their Riordan or Modesto Christian, but it’s a joke that a school that big would be willing to play D4 as a 16 seed. Is what it’s.

To answer your question about how many attend Santa Cruz, they are sitting between 960 and 1100 over the last four years. So if you use population like you want Stuart Hall would be just about even because them being single sex their student population is doubled. They have been bouncing between D3 and D4 for almost ten years now. Sorry but to say, but just because it is a public school does not automatically make it a D1 school. Student numbers do not lie, they are under 1000 I believe right now.

Some of you clearly have NO IDEA that CCS divisions are strictly enrollment-based for D1-D5. Has nothing to do with quality. CIF made a mistake in the Santa Cruz seeding, but it has nothing to do with their CCS seed

And their population being under 1000 surely qualifies them for D4. Like I have said previously, this school in the last ten years has been bouncing between D3 and D4.

Hall wins! Hall wins!

Ayalar09 did you hit the Kezar Pub BEFORE the game. It's ok we are all friends here:D:D:D:D
A school doesn't get to pick which bracket or division they are in any longer. The new competitive equity rules really do not help any D4 or D5 schools, IMO.
Santa Cruz has been a very strong program in the past, not this year. So, that means Stuart Hall needs to pick it up to keep advancing. Fortunately, all home games ahead. Best of luck. Have one of my favorite assistant coaches on staff in Mark Perlman. I will get the scoop from him tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT