ADVERTISEMENT

CIF Gameday 3/3/20

Riordan 82 MC 51

Ayalar09 did you hit the Kezar Pub BEFORE the game. It's ok we are all friends here:D:D:D:D
A school doesn't get to pick which bracket or division they are in any longer. The new competitive equity rules really do not help any D4 or D5 schools, IMO.
Santa Cruz has been a very strong program in the past, not this year. So, that means Stuart Hall needs to pick it up to keep advancing. Fortunately, all home games ahead. Best of luck. Have one of my favorite assistant coaches on staff in Mark Perlman. I will get the scoop from him tomorrow.

You know Santa Cruz's size gave us a lot of problems all night. Maybe they are just a really good 16 seed, and instead of saying they should be D1, I'll just tip my cap and say good game.

Next game is going to be a really difficult one......CIF you can pretty much take the seeds and throw them out at this point. And I don't know if thats right or not...but that's the way it is.

Reactions: mlrei
So Clear Lake drove 5 hours beat Kingsburg and now the million dollar question is........

Do you drive to SF tonight, get the day off in SF, and play the next day against Lincoln.

Or do you drive back to Clear Lake...have the boys go to class....then another 2.5 hour bus ride down the 101 to Lincoln!

He going to the warriors

What if the Warriors signed Jalen Green to the Santa Cruz Warriors next year under that whole new G-League deal thing. Then develop him and use that Twolves pick to select him. Have him pull a Kobe/Lakers and say "I'll go to the Warriors only, so don't draft me or I'll play in Europe."

Green could go to Europe right now and get 5 million a year.

San Domenico beat the team they faced by like 50 in the D5 bracket. Their going to states in the D5 bracket. Calling that now.

Hillsdale 78 Urban 77

Right now Uni/Oakland are in a barn burner at kezar

Coach Curtin is safe for another 2 days haha good win for Riordan

He apparently started his D1 PG at PG and his D1 2 guard at the 2 guard. Why he ran a 3 guard lineup during the regular season moving Monroe to the 2 guard will always be a mystery? I’d say nice adjustment but it’s common sense. I will give props for having his team locked in on defense. Nice win for Riordan.

He apparently started his D1 PG at PG and his D1 2 guard at the 2 guard. Why he ran a 3 guard lineup during the regular season moving Monroe to the 2 guard will always be a mystery? I’d say nice adjustment but it’s common sense. I will give props for having his team locked in on defense. Nice win for Riordan.
Agreed! Starting lineup was Monroe, Clark, 6-9 Riiny, 6-7 Vaihola and 7-1 Seck. They handled the zone defense effectively, and played solid defense. Riordan's substitution pattern was how it should have been all season! Perhaps their most complete game so far. I say better late than never.

Agreed! Starting lineup was Monroe, Clark, 6-9 Riiny, 6-7 Vaihola and 7-1 Seck. They handled the zone defense effectively, and played solid defense. Riordan's substitution pattern was how it should have been all season! Perhaps their most complete game so far. I say better late than never.

The 3rd guard who started at PG was a space eater who pushed Jelani to one wing and Monroe at the other wing which limits space to create. Been saying it all year use a 2 guard line up. Riiny hitting corner 3’s and FT line jumpers, big Rob working inside and Mor rebounding blocking shots, makes Riordan a tough out. Agree better late than never.

Reactions: ARHS92 and cityfan
Everyone knew the crusaders were WELL RESTED and ready for tonight's contest

It kind of frustrates me that when Riordan gets a blow out win over a big time team...people don't seem to say anything. But if Riordan looses, everyone is knocking the door down, Coach should be this, team should do that........

Props to Riordan for playing a great 1st round game...and they should be able to beat Vanden...but Vanden is always a dangerous team. Their coach is one of the best in the biz.

Arguably the best game from start to finish for Riordan tonight in a surprising 31 point blow out of Modesto Christian. MC went right to a 2-3 zone and the home Crusaders methodically shredded it by great ball movement and hitting the open man. Really liked the new starting 2 guard lineup that also had Riiny at the high post or running baseline as he hit numerous 3s and shots from the FT line. Bryce and Jelani looked really comfortable in the new lineup and it showed in their scoring and assists performance! The entire team was dialed in on defense and played aggressively and boxed out the MC bigs. A great effort and something to build off of going into Thursday night against the highl scoring Vanden team.

It kind of frustrates me that when Riordan gets a blow out win over a big time team...people don't seem to say anything. But if Riordan looses, everyone is knocking the door down, Coach should be this, team should do that........

Props to Riordan for playing a great 1st round game...and they should be able to beat Vanden...but Vanden is always a dangerous team. Their coach is one of the best in the biz.
Sorry Ayalar. I had the pleasure of making slime with my daughter which trumps my posts. There isn't a lot of chatter because I know for a few that say the "know it all dad" witnessed the game that you didn't have the opportunity to see, witnessed some of the things that I listed we should do and other Riordan supporters listed. We made MC adjust to us. We put guys behind the zone, put a guy flashing middle with a baseline runner and oh Bryce and Jelani got the opportunity to play their natural position. Bryce creates his own shots but also creates shots for others. Rob was the recipient of post passes and off penetration and kick outs , Riiny feasted. Great win, great game plan and we have to build off of that. One day prep ...its not an " I told you so" but the team won with small adjustments. That's coaching and now the staff must keep making the right adjustments and the players must execute . Impressive victory with starters sitting out the 4th. I love the contributions of the whole team. It was nice to see at the right time.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT