ADVERTISEMENT

CIF Gameday 3/3/20

So Clear Lake drove 5 hours beat Kingsburg and now the million dollar question is........

Do you drive to SF tonight, get the day off in SF, and play the next day against Lincoln.

Or do you drive back to Clear Lake...have the boys go to class....then another 2.5 hour bus ride down the 101 to Lincoln!
Heard from a source at the lake that they stayed the night in Kingsburg. Will drive home Wednesday and drive to the city Thursday. A little public school doesn’t have the funds to stay in hotels every night and he said all of there coaches are off campus coaches with J O B’s! Incredible run for a public school with less than 400 students! UPSETCITY.COM! But maybe there just really good and it’s not really an upset!

Heard from a source at the lake that they stayed the night in Kingsburg. Will drive home Wednesday and drive to the city Thursday. A little public school doesn’t have the funds to stay in hotels every night and he said all of there coaches are off campus coaches with J O B’s! Incredible run for a public school with less than 400 students! UPSETCITY.COM! But maybe there just really good and it’s not really an upset!
they should have planned for this... take those PTO days and get them donations for hotels!!!

Ding Ding Ding

they should have planned for this... take those PTO days and get them donations for hotels!!!

How do you pla0n for this with two days notice? They would not know they would be possibly making these long trips months in advance. They only found out on Sunday when and ccx where they would play

How do you pla0n for this with two days notice? They would not know they would be possibly making these long trips months in advance. They only found out on Sunday when and ccx where they would play
there is always a chance. So you request the time off when the season starts. Stay ready and you dont have to get ready.

there is always a chance. So you request the time off when the season starts. Stay ready and you dont have to get ready.
So you tell your wife hey we can’t turn in any vacay time cause I might have to use some in the event we make the CIF and have to travel far out.

Reactions: ayalar09

With companies being less and less flexible with time off, it is absurd to ask several months in advance. It would be hard for one of the coaches whom I believe works as a CPA. And this is their busiest time of year. Hardly any time off is granted during tax season. Years ago, yes it was easy to get time off but now in this day and age getting time off is like pulling teeth especially in smaller towns.

With companies being less and less flexible with time off, it is absurd to ask several months in advance. It would be hard for one of the coaches whom I believe works as a CPA. And this is their busiest time of year. Hardly any time off is granted during tax season. Years ago, yes it was easy to get time off but now in this day and age getting time off is like pulling teeth especially in smaller towns.
interesting... my agency requires us to put in for vacation by january 31st for the whole year... i thnk it is a dumb policy but i guess it helps those with families who plan annual trips and stuff. it also allows those with seniority to get their desired time off.

wrong profession if your vacation and PTO time is that limited. all good.
Well being I am personally the service manager of a very large HVAC union company in the Bay Area I could easily go to my boss and say let me have the day off if I was in that position. However some of the staffs have coaches from many walks of life, and it is just not that simple. That’s why some of the most successful head coaches have their own businesses, and they can plan anything including practice as they see fit.

Well being I am personally the service manager of the largest HVAC union company in the Bay Area I could easily go to my boss and say let me have the day off if I was in that position. However some of the staffs have coaches from many walks of life, and it is just not that simple.
#POWERMOVE

Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT