ADVERTISEMENT

CIF RBG Brackets

OPEN DIVISION

Serra, San Mateo vs. Mater Dei at Saddleback College – Saturday, Dec. 9 at 8:00 p.m.

The following is the schedule for the 2023 CIF Regional Football Championship Bowl Games for Divisions 1-AA through 7-A. Winners from the NorCal and SoCal Regional games will advance to the CIF State Football Championship, December 8-9, representing their respective divisions for the title of CIF State Champion (State game locations will be announced on Sunday, December 3). All teams were slotted based on competitive equity and the respective criteria.

DIVISION 1–AA
North: Clovis North at De La Salle – Friday, Dec. 1 at 7:30 p.m.
South: Granite Hills at Mission Viejo – Friday, Dec. 1 at 7:00 p.m. on Spectrum SportsNet

DIVISION 1–A
North: Pittsburg at Folsom – Saturday, Dec. 2 at 6:00 p.m.
South: St. Bonaventure vs. St. Augustine at Mesa College – Saturday, Dec. 2 at 7:00 p.m. on Spectrum News 1

DIVISION 2–AA
North: Grant at Rocklin – Friday, Dec. 1 at 7:30 p.m.
South: Orange Vista vs. La Serna at California H.S. – Friday, Dec. 1 at 7:00 p.m. on Spectrum News 1

DIVISION 2–A
North: El Cerrito at Los Gatos – Saturday, Dec. 2 at 6:00 p.m.
South: Simi Valley at Central Valley Christian – Saturday, Dec. 2 at 6:00 p.m.

DIVISION 3–AA
North: Escalon at Acalanes – Friday, Dec. 1 at 7:30 p.m.
South: Birmingham at Del Norte HS – Friday, Dec. 1 at 7:30 p.m.

DIVISION 3–A
North: McClymonds at Marin Catholic – Saturday, Dec. 2 at 1:00 p.m.
South: Mt. Miguel vs. Mayfair at Ron Yary Stadium – Saturday, Dec. 2 at 6:00 p.m.

DIVISION 4–AA
North: Casa Roble at Soquel – Friday, Dec. 1 at 7:30 p.m.
South: Matilda Torres at Jurupa Hills – Friday, Dec. 1 at 7:30 p.m.

DIVISION 4–A
North: Palma at Hughson – Saturday, Dec. 2 at 6:00 p.m.
South: Rio Hondo Prep vs. Mission Oak at Tulare Union H.S. – Saturday, Dec. 2 at 6:00 p.m.

DIVISION 5–AA
North: Miramonte at Pleasant Valley – Friday, Dec. 1 at 7:30 p.m.
South: Ramona, Riverside at Torrance – Friday, Dec. 1 at 7:30 p.m.

DIVISION 5–A
North: Woodland Christian at Orland – Saturday, Dec. 2 at 6:00 p.m.
South: La Jolla Country Day at Banning – Saturday, Dec. 2 at 7:00 p.m. ob Spectrum SportsNet LA

DIVISION 6–AA
North: Palo Alto vs. St. Vincent de Paul at Casa Grande H.S. – Friday, Dec. 1 at 7:30 p.m.
South: Wasco vs. Cerritos at Gahr H.S. – Friday, Dec. 1 at 7:30 p.m.

DIVISION 6–A
North: Colusa at South City, South San Francisco – Saturday, Dec. 2 at 6:00 p.m.
South: St. Monica at Sweetwater – Saturday, Dec. 2 at 6:00 p.m.

DIVISION 7–AA
North: Portola vs. Ferndale at Cal Poly Humboldt – Friday, Dec. 1 at 7:30 p.m.
South: Fairfax – BYE

DIVISION 7–A
North: Lincoln, San Francisco at Strathmore – Saturday, Dec. 2 at 6:00 p.m.
South: Jordan, Los Angeles at Bell Gardens – Saturday, Dec. 2 at 6:00 p.m.

OPEN DIVISION

Serra, San Mateo vs. Mater Dei at Saddleback College – Saturday, Dec. 9 at 8:00 p.m.

The following is the schedule for the 2023 CIF Regional Football Championship Bowl Games for Divisions 1-AA through 7-A. Winners from the NorCal and SoCal Regional games will advance to the CIF State Football Championship, December 8-9, representing their respective divisions for the title of CIF State Champion (State game locations will be announced on Sunday, December 3). All teams were slotted based on competitive equity and the respective criteria.

DIVISION 1–AA
South: Granite Hills at Mission Viejo – Friday, Dec. 1 at 7:00 p.m. on Spectrum SportsNet

DIVISION 1–A
South: St. Bonaventure vs. St. Augustine at Mesa College – Saturday, Dec. 2 at 7:00 p.m. on Spectrum News 1

DIVISION 2–AA
South: Orange Vista vs. La Serna at California H.S. – Friday, Dec. 1 at 7:00 p.m. on Spectrum News 1

DIVISION 2–A

DIVISION 3–AA

DIVISION 3–A
South: Mt. Miguel vs. Mayfair at Ron Yary Stadium – Saturday, Dec. 2 at 6:00 p.m.

DIVISION 4–AA

DIVISION 4–A
South: Rio Hondo Prep vs. Mission Oak at Tulare Union H.S. – Saturday, Dec. 2 at 6:00 p.m.

DIVISION 5–AA

DIVISION 5–A
South: La Jolla Country Day at Banning – Saturday, Dec. 2 at 7:00 p.m. ob Spectrum SportsNet LA

DIVISION 6–AA
North: Palo Alto vs. St. Vincent de Paul at Casa Grande H.S. – Friday, Dec. 1 at 7:30 p.m.

DIVISION 6–A
North: Colusa at South City, South San Francisco – Saturday, Dec. 2 at 6:00 p.m.

DIVISION 7–AA

DIVISION 7–A
There we go!!…. Some great Matchups!!!….

Selfishly I am totally Bummed that PITT and Folsom are playing in Folsom because I really want to go to that game!… 🤣

But I may just go to Acalanes vs Escalon instead…. This is a great matchup, One of the most Physically impressive teams this year vs one of the Best coached teams in CA every year!!,… Acalanes will have their hands full….

The committee got the Nor Cal game right, some great matchups!!..,, 🍻

How is home field decided upon? I thought it was the team with the better record.

Why does Casa Roble have to travel to Soquel, who has one more loss than they do?

Reactions: THEOC89
How is home field decided upon? I thought it was the team with the better record.

Why does Casa Roble have to travel to Soquel, who has one more loss than they do?
Also, look at DLS vs Clovis North, At DLS!!!…. That is a Shocker, everyone expected to be Traveling to Veteran's Stadium in Clovis for that game!!…

Also, look at DLS vs Clovis North, At DLS!!!…. That is a Shocker, everyone expected to be Traveling to Veteran's Stadium in Clovis for that game!!…

It must be a balance between record and SOS. That’d be my guess based upon the result of their selections. Soquel’s SOS is barely superior to Casa’s however the Rams own the best win among the two.

DLS’s SOS is just a tad better than Clovis North’s.

Last edited:
Escalon 35.7 is rated higher than Acalanes 30.1 , yet travels to Lafayette. Not really that far but the Cougars should be at home. Defending Champions get no respect. Watch out Acalanes!

Reactions: THEOC89
OPEN DIVISION

DIVISION 1–AA

DIVISION 1–A

DIVISION 2–AA

DIVISION 2–A

DIVISION 3–AA

DIVISION 3–A

DIVISION 4–AA

DIVISION 4–A

DIVISION 5–AA

DIVISION 5–A

DIVISION 6–AA

DIVISION 6–A

DIVISION 7–AA

DIVISION 7–A

This is lineup is chock full of intriguing matchups.

As many of us often say, these Regional games are more appealing than the State games. I’ll bet SoCal feels the same.

Escalon 35.7 is rated higher than Acalanes 30.1 , yet travels to Lafayette. Not really that far but the Cougars should be at home. Defending Champions get no respect. Watch out Acalanes!

I was about to say that they followed Calpreps ratings, except they didn’t in all cases. Clovis North is rated far above DLS and so is Escalon over Acalanes.

So not only do those home game assignments make little sense, I don’t see the justification for Soquel hosting Casa Roble. The Rams have 1 less loss and the SOS difference is marginal.

Reactions: M.C. fan
This is lineup is chock full of intriguing matchups.

As many of us often say, these Regional games are more appealing than the State games. I’ll bet SoCal feels the same.

It seems that this idea is generally true on the hardwood also, in most divisions.

Reactions: ThunderRam
One has to think revenue (ie…anticipated attendance) has to be a consideration for CIF when selecting host schools. Undefeated Pitt traveling to Folsom, undefeated Clovis to DLS, etc...
Totally Agree, but this is why the DLS vs CN decision is so confusing….. DLS expected to play in front of a Packed House in Clovis at that Awesome Veterans stadium….. DLS can’t accommodate 1/3rd of that stadium…..

DLS had 2 Losses and 1 loss to a TL team and CN was undefeated and Beat a TL Team…. Seems like it should have been a CN home game….

Totally Agree, but this is why the DLS vs CN decision is so confusing….. DLS expected to play in front of a Packed House in Clovis at that Awesome Veterans stadium….. DLS can’t accommodate 1/3rd of that stadium…..

DLS had 2 Losses and 1 loss to a TL team and CN was undefeated and Beat a TL Team…. Seems like it should have been a CN home game….
I don’t know enough about the Central Section to have an opinion re: expected attendance, etc. Did DLS host or travel the last few years of Nor Cal games, wonder if that’s a consideration. 🤷🏼

I don’t know enough about the Central Section to have an opinion re: expected attendance, etc. Did DLS host or travel the last few years of Nor Cal games, wonder if that’s a consideration. 🤷🏼
Hosted one year and Traveled the other….. So who knows… 🤣

As Thunder predicted, Rocklin is paired with Grant.

To be honest and fair, I didn’t predict or anticipate that pairing at all.

It was a coach and parent of a current RHS player that dropped that on me last night.

I’d rather have seen the Thunder matched up with DLS or a rematch against Folsom, but GHS will be fun too. They will pose a very interesting challenge for the Thunder. I think they are playing better now than early on in the season when they had Oak Ridge on the ropes and barely lost. Those two backs and Lopa are scary good.

Not only that, the TL team Clovis North beat by 16 points (Jserra) beat the TL team (OLu) that beat DLS by 21.

Any way one slices it, it seems Clovis North got the short end.

The only factor I can reasonably come up with to explain the decision is the DLS brand name and history.

Re: that Clovis-DLS thing... was Memorial Stadium available? Sure seems like the better spot to me...

Marin Catholic will have the best athlete on the field in Charles Williams.

Right then the next best 5 athletes all are from Mack…..same story as every year they will lock Mc down outside and stuff the box

Last edited:

It was a coach and parent of a current RHS player that dropped that on me last night.

I’d rather have seen the Thunder matched up with DLS or a rematch against Folsom, but GHS will be fun too. They will pose a very interesting challenge for the Thunder. I think they are playing better now than early on in the season when they had Oak Ridge on the ropes and barely lost. Those two backs and Lopa are scary good.
Yes OR was on ropes big time. I was at the game and keep in mind this was without grants other stud RB. (I think UNLV commit). Also Lopa got hurt in that game.
At full strength I think grant wins that game. Rocklin will be a tough matchup for grant though. Their tough schedule and physicality is not to be overlooked and they just beat a super athletic team in st marys.

The SJS screwed itself by allowing 2 of its top dogs to play each other. Should have fought to not allow same section games.

I’d like to see something like this

DLS vs Rocklin
Folsom vs Clovis North
Pitt vs Grant

Or even

DLS vs Grant (a game in waiting for the last 20 years)
Pitt vs Rocklin
Folsom vs Clovis North

It has to do with what the team more recently has had to do. If they traveled last year, they probably won't travel this year. The games are not seeded.

It has to do with what the team more recently has had to do. If they traveled last year, they probably won't travel this year. The games are not seeded.
I think this and they might like to balance it out around the region too. Though I think this is Grant's second year on the road in the regionals.

I seem to remember a classic Grant v Rocklin playoff game about 15 years ago. My foggy memory thinks RHS made a valiant goal line stand to knock off an undefeated Grant team on their way to the DI State game vs Servite. Or were those two different Rocklin teams? 🤷🏼

The SJS screwed itself by allowing 2 of its top dogs to play each other. Should have fought to not allow same section games.

DLS vs Rocklin
Folsom vs Clovis North
Pitt vs Grant

Or even

Pitt vs Rocklin
Folsom vs Clovis North
It's funny how we just ignore the fact that Grant lost to Monterey Trail just a few weeks ago.

• Haha
Reactions: aztecpadre

Not that I agree with their reasoning, but I do thank you for the explanation.

DLS vs Rocklin
Folsom vs Clovis North
Pitt vs Grant

Or even

Pitt vs Rocklin
Folsom vs Clovis North

From a selfish standpoint, I much prefer either of the 2 scenarios you outlined. Because, like you, I'd like to have seen DLS matchup with Grant Union or Rocklin since they both have capable teams and have never faced each other. Also like you, I much prefer the cross-sectional match ups rather than in-section.

Pitt vs. Grant Union would have been sweet too. Those two programs haven't played since WW2 era in the early 1940's.

That said, I understand why they decided as they did.

When scheduling game at DLS I'm wonder if CIF was aware that DLS Chris Vonture Basketball Tournament plays at DLS on Friday as well. Parking will be real fun.

• Wow
Reactions: mrbig864
When scheduling game at DLS I'm wonder if CIF was aware that DLS Chris Vonture Basketball Tournament plays at DLS on Friday as well. Parking will be real fun.
Classic. Didn’t the same thing happen last year?

It’s too bad this game can’t be moved to DVC….. Plenty of Seating and Parking for everyone….

It must be a $$ thing for The CIF….. They must not want to shell out money to rent venues so they hold these regional games at the High Schools…..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT