ADVERTISEMENT

Clet at SRV Saturday 1/29 7pm

San Ramon Valley is very good, and has beaten a lot of good teams -- but they haven't scheduled the other top teams. Saturday will be a very interesting game in Danville. Should be a good crowd and a great atmosphere.

To me: for any of these good teams you guys are talking about comes down to whoever has the strongest role players and bench depth. all these teams in NCS and CCS has one or two top players including the great mitty. but Girls hoops is down as a whole a tad bit. So whoever have good role players of their starting groups and bench depth can compete on any given day. As you can see everyone is beating everyone

San Ramon Valley is very good, and has beaten a lot of good teams -- but they haven't scheduled the other top teams. Saturday will be a very interesting game in Danville. Should be a good crowd and a great atmosphere.
Haven't beaten a lot of good teams? I think you need to revisit their schedule especially their trip to San Diego which included beating Bishop Montgomery (#15 in CA) by 9. As for their losses to Pinewood & Vanden early in the year, many other teams have dropped or rescheduled games due to players out, but SRV didn't and were missing key players for both games. (Watching the Pinewood game on NFHS, they only had 7 dressed for that game) I hope both teams are at full strength this Saturday as it should be a great game.

To me: for any of these good teams you guys are talking about comes down to whoever has the strongest role players and bench depth. all these teams in NCS and CCS has one or two top players including the great mitty. but Girls hoops is down as a whole a tad bit. So whoever have good role players of their starting groups and bench depth can compete on any given day. As you can see everyone is beating everyone

Sorry, I don't agree all "good" teams have top players and that it's the bench that makes the difference. Having an elite type player or two is needed to be in the top 3 in the region. The top 3 teams worse case could probably play without their bench and still gut out a win against a "good" team.

Sorry, I don't agree all "good" teams have top players and that it's the bench that makes the difference. Having an elite type player or two is needed to be in the top 3 in the region. The top 3 teams worse case could probably play without their bench and still gut out a win against a "good" team.
I believe that your team as only good as everyone on the team. So if you're playing top vs top team you need your depth. if you can go deep into your rotation and still get high level of play then you will have a chance to beat anyone. All these teams this year are around the same level. there is no clear-cut team in NorCal that you can really say is above all. Clet, Mitty, BOD, Salesian, Pinewood is all just about the same along with some other teams that I didn't mention. But what separates these teams is whoever top players can be successful along with the dept that the role players can provide.

Haven't beaten a lot of good teams? I think you need to revisit their schedule especially their trip to San Diego which included beating Bishop Montgomery (#15 in CA) by 9. As for their losses to Pinewood & Vanden early in the year, many other teams have dropped or rescheduled games due to players out, but SRV didn't and were missing key players for both games. (Watching the Pinewood game on NFHS, they only had 7 dressed for that game) I hope both teams are at full strength this Saturday as it should be a great game.
You might want to reread Clay’s post. He said they “have” beaten a lot of good teams. Tonight, they destroyed 14-1 Granada 62-21. I’m not saying Granada is a “good team” in terms of NorCal, but they were 14-1.

My thoughts are San Ramon blows Clet out.

Kelly, welcome to the EBAL. You better get used to not winning league titles.

Get a early start preparing for the EYBL, your money maker.

I believe that your team as only good as everyone on the team. So if you're playing top vs top team you need your depth. if you can go deep into your rotation and still get high level of play then you will have a chance to beat anyone. All these teams this year are around the same level. there is no clear-cut team in NorCal that you can really say is above all. Clet, Mitty, BOD, Salesian, Pinewood is all just about the same along with some other teams that I didn't mention. But what separates these teams is whoever top players can be successful along with the dept that the role players can provide.

Take a top team like Clet or Mitty or SMS, swap benches with a good team's bench like VC/SRV/Moreau. Do you think suddenly the good team with a now much better/deeper bench will beat Clet or Mitty or SMS with a not so good or deep bench? I don't think so. Would be closer, but the elite players on those elite team will score when they need to and get the win. Elite players can play the whole game and gut out the win. Watch any playoff games. Bench usage goes down drastically,

I suggest you go to the Los Panchos and bring some of those chicken tacos or enchiladas for the person at the door… then you will be in!!!!

Thoughts anyone Maxpreps thinks this is 2 vs 1 in the NCS… is SRV actually better than BOD and Salesian

Im not buying Maxpreps computer rankings at all this year with all the cancellations/postponements as some teams have played 10 or more games than others and those teams rankings(who have had alot of cancelled or postponed games) have been skewed/affected quite a bit by the missed games.

If by the end of the season the games have been mostly made up I may change my thoughts on this but until then I believe the Maxprep rankings aren't very reliable at all.

That being said I believe matchups make the game and I'm very curious to see how SRV responds against the CLET pressure. SRV has some definite talent.

Last edited:
Sounds like it is going to be crowded.
Anybody want to Facebook live it…
I was in health and safety protocols once already … my wife wanted me to sleep in the garage on a cot with a little heater.. me and my dogs

Sounds like it is going to be crowded.
Anybody want to Facebook live it…
I was in health and safety protocols once already … my wife wanted me to sleep in the garage on a cot with a little heater.. me and my dogs
I hate to tell you this becoolpt55 but that wasn't because of health and safety protocols 😜

@northbaybbguru - How do you think the rankings should look right now?
For the record im not against SRV being ranked #2. I just think with all the discrepancies with cancelled and postponed games currently the Maxpreps rankings probably shouldn't be used as a tool for any potential seedings coming up.

That being said... I firmly believe CLET has earned the #1 ranking in the NCS.

Salesian and SRV can be argued who is #2 and 3.

BOD has struggled in some close wins while playing limited games. Not sure where to put them.

****Im keeping my eye on Moreau Catholic...

They have a few close losses to BOD, Heritage and Alemany and and a HUGE win over Valley Christian (who spanked my Cardinal Newman squad by 27 earlier this season). MC play Pinewood this saturday..If they were able to pull off the upset or a nailbiter loss I think we'd have to start thinking NCS Open for them.

Still in a holding pattern with Heritage...

At this point I'm comfortable with Top 3 of CLET
Salesian
SRV

the rest Im not sure....

* The other issue for any opinion I may have on rankings is I just haven't seen enough teams play to really be on top of it all.

I wouldn’t make them stay…just a visit… It is 230 in the morning and I just walked one of them around the block…

I just spoke with Christine the assistant to the principal… she spoke with the AD who told her the only people who will be let in are parents … maybe they got tired of me calling them and raising my voice…anyway they said don’t call back… the story of my life… another happy customer

Reactions: northbaybbguru
For the record im not against SRV being ranked #2. I just think with all the discrepancies with cancelled and postponed games currently the Maxpreps rankings probably shouldn't be used as a tool for any potential seedings coming up.

That being said... I firmly believe CLET has earned the #1 ranking in the NCS.

Salesian and SRV can be argued who is #2 and 3.

BOD has struggled in some close wins while playing limited games. Not sure where to put them.

****Im keeping my eye on Moreau Catholic...

They have a few close losses to BOD, Heritage and Alemany and and a HUGE win over Valley Christian (who spanked my Cardinal Newman squad by 27 earlier this season). MC play Pinewood this saturday..If they were able to pull off the upset or a nailbiter loss I think we'd have to start thinking NCS Open for them.

Still in a holding pattern with Heritage...

At this point I'm comfortable with Top 3 of CLET
Salesian
SRV

the rest Im not sure....

* The other issue for any opinion I may have on rankings is I just haven't seen enough teams play to really be on top of it all.
Pretty spot on with results coming in tonight. O'Dowd beat Berkeley 48-44 and Heritage lost to Freedom.

Reactions: northbaybbguru
Nice showing so far for SRV. Are both of the D1 transfer guards playing for C-Let?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT