ADVERTISEMENT

Commitment Tracker

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
I know there are a bunch already out there I'm working on adding here, but here is a recent one:

Granada 2024 RHP Parker Warner has committed to Stanford

Reactions: FBAddict
De La Salle 2023 C Connor "Bear" Harrison has committed to St. Mary's. Big late get for the Gaels.

Harrison was an All-NorCal selection this past year
Kid is a Heck of a Player!!!….. Saw him play 2 weeks ago with the DV Oaks in The Zoots Tournament, Kind of surprised he is not going Pac12 or something like that, he looks ready to start as a Freshmen!….

Marin Catholic OF Jayden Lee has committed to UC San Diego

Bradshaw Christian RHP David Wiser has committed to Stanford

Valley Christian 2025 OF Hunter Fujimoto has commited to Santa Clara

Granite Bay OF Timmy Reed has committed to San Francisco

Marin Catholic OF Jayden Lee has committed to UC San Diego

Bradshaw Christian RHP David Wiser has committed to Stanford

Valley Christian 2025 OF Hunter Fujimoto has commited to Santa Clara

Granite Bay OF Timmy Reed has committed to San Francisco
No Surprise regarding Jayden Lee who’s Alpha Power Team just won on of the top tournaments in the country, The Eric Tryon Invitational in San Diego This week!….He had a Great Week!….

Hank Tripaldi from DLS is also on that team and is now Committed to San Diego State…. I think that was in the works before they went down there though…. He hit .407 with 22 hits in 12 games!!….

Enochs 2024 RHP Kannon Sharpe has committed to San Francisco

Chico 2025 RHP Rex Edwards has committed to Cal

Enochs 2024 RHP Kannon Sharpe has committed to San Francisco

Chico 2025 RHP Rex Edwards has committed to Cal
I’m actually kind of surprised Cal is getting commitments. Until the conference alignment thing plays out, I would would want to sit back and see where that shapes up. Just thinking if i’m a P5 caliber player I would definitely take into account the league and competition I could be possibly playing against down the road.

Obviously, baseball is a little different. You could have go and play at a Fullerton or UC Irvine etc or many other mid majors, and its still big time ball. I would think some would take the conference alignment into consideration.

I have a couple buddies who played at ASU and U of A, and universally they always tell me their favorite part of playing in college was always the bay area road trip. They loved going to Sunken and Evans diamond and playing there and the weather etc. It could still be done now, but might be a lot tougher if its non conference. As a parent, I would be curious to where my kid would be playing in half and I could see them. Right now if you’re in the bay area and your kid is in the Pac you can jump on a plane and within an hour and a half to two hours go see them on the road at most venues. If you’re in a conference with say a Cincinnati and West Virginia and your an outlier out west that would be a big consideration for me and my family as well.

I’m actually kind of surprised Cal is getting commitments. Until the conference alignment thing plays out, I would would want to sit back and see where that shapes up. Just thinking if i’m a P5 caliber player I would definitely take into account the league and competition I could be possibly playing against down the road.

Obviously, baseball is a little different. You could have go and play at a Fullerton or UC Irvine etc or many other mid majors, and its still big time ball. I would think some would take the conference alignment into consideration.

I have a couple buddies who played at ASU and U of A, and universally they always tell me their favorite part of playing in college was always the bay area road trip. They loved going to Sunken and Evans diamond and playing there and the weather etc. It could still be done now, but might be a lot tougher if its non conference. As a parent, I would be curious to where my kid would be playing in half and I could see them. Right now if you’re in the bay area and your kid is in the Pac you can jump on a plane and within an hour and a half to two hours go see them on the road at most venues. If you’re in a conference with say a Cincinnati and West Virginia and your an outlier out west that would be a big consideration for me and my family as well.
I agree. And I have seen theories floated out there (from people who know how this works) that if Cal can't figure out the revenue part in a new conference, they might have to cut sports and baseball could be on the cutting block again

Reactions: bella123
Central Catholic 2024 OF TP Wentworth has committed to Clemson

Lincoln Stockton 2024 RHP Raymond Olivas has committed to UC Santa Barbara

Elk Grove's Evan Gentil has committed to UC Davis

Cardinal Newman 2024 INF Diego Boardman has committed to UC Riverside

Wilcox 2025 OF Matthew Tiendas ha committed to Santa Clara

The WCC has always been a consideration for very good Bay Area talent for the many reasons Bella states. As a non-football revenue league (save BYU- and USD is pay to play Pioneer,) their funds are budgeted differently. PLENTY of pros from there. The only caveat is they want you done in four years, but emphasize helping student athletes accomplish their degrees. After all, that's what "puts bread on the table."

I agree. And I have seen theories floated out there (from people who know how this works) that if Cal can't figure out the revenue part in a new conference, they might have to cut sports and baseball could be on the cutting block again
You guys being up good points. The fact CAL almost dropped baseball before speaks volumes about how dire the money situation may become. The WCC or even one of the strong. D2 options may make more sense.

Reactions: bella123
Lodi 2024 RHP Vance Haskins has committed to Fresno State

Berkeley 2024 RHP Will Polishuk has committed to Pomona-Pitzer

Bradshaw Christian’s Micah Nicholson has committed to St Mary’s.

Franklin’s Nic Abraham has committed to Tennessee.

St Mary’s Stockton junior Brady Errecart has committed to Cal

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT