ADVERTISEMENT

Diablo Athletic League - Foothill Division

observer22

Hall of Famer
Mar 10, 2006
Time to take notice of this league, as it may very well be the best in the NCS this year. Not only are there 2 undefeated teams in Clayton Valley Charter & Las Lomas, but the Diablo Athletic League - Foothill division is really shaping up to be a tough one. College Park, Acalanes & Campo are all capable of pulling an upset, and Miramonte is usually no slouch.

Breaking up the DAL into 2 divisions based on competitive equity means every night in this league will be a battle. Several of the few losses so far are due to games within the division. CP with coach Battle back at the helm beat Foothill again Monday, this time by 15, and Foothill only lost to Dublin Friday by 4.

Clayton 14-0 (D1)
Las Lomas 14-0 (D2)
College Park 12-2 (D1), 3 pt losses to CVC & Alameda
Acalanes 12-4 (D2), with a close loss to LL
Campolindo 11-4 (D3) with losses to CP & ACA
Miramonte 8-7 (D3)

Last edited:
Good thoughts on this league. I would agree it is the best in the section. Lots of good guard play

Diablo Athletic League - Foothill Division games this Friday.

Las Lomas @ College Park
Campolindo @ Acalanes
Miramonte @ Clayton Valley Charter

CV at home is a heavy favorite over the Mats, but the other 2 games are intriguing. CV by 23.
Most people would probably favor Campo due to their recent history, but Acalanes is at home and already beat Campo once this year 63-60 on a neutral floor at the El Cerrito tourney. Campo by 5.
Undefeated LL has to be heavily favored over CP, but the Falcons are playing at home and have now won 11 in a row after 2 close losses to good teams to start the season. LL by 10.

Would be nice if either the CP game or the Campo game were streamed, so that I could go to the non-streamed one and catch the other when I got home...

Friday scores
Las Lomas 66-College Park 52
Campolindo 73-Acalanes 55
Clayton Valley Charter 77-Miramonte 59

Diablo Athletic League - Foothill Division games this Friday.

Las Lomas @ Clayton Valley Charter - CVC by 8.
College Park @ Campolindo - Campo by 10.
Acalanes @ Miramonte - Dons by 14.

Although LL is no longer in the ranks of the undefeated due to a close loss to SP/SV Monday, they do pose a threat to the Ugly Eagles. The 2 teams have a combined record of 32-1. This has to be one of the top games in NorCal this weekend. CP, after losing a spirited game last week to LL, barely got by lowly Concord on Tuesday, winning by just 3 pts, 80-77. They've got to be be lightyears better tomorrow or Campo will drill them. The Dons should bounce back from their loss to Campo last week.

Does any team in this league win NCS?

This league will potentially have 2 NCS tops seeds in CVC in D1 and LL in D2. Additionally, Campo will most likely be the #2 seed in D3 to Salesian and Salesian will be heading to the Open for NorCal, so Campo will likely be the highest NCS D3 seed at NorCal.

Salesian is STRONG. LL is super talented but I foresee another playoff meltdown, no NCS championship for them. If they focused more on the little things and the attention to detail, along with playing much better defense, I'd feel way more comfortable in their lofty playoff hopes/aspirations...... Don't see CVC winning D1 either, I like Dublin over them for sure just off the top of my head.

You're right though, really good league, just don't see any of them quite getting it done in NCS.

This league will potentially have 2 NCS tops seeds in CVC in D1 and LL in D2. Additionally, Campo will most likely be the #2 seed in D3 to Salesian and Salesian will be heading to the Open for NorCal, so Campo will likely be the highest NCS D3 seed at NorCal.
With the new competitive equity rules for the CIF State playoffs, some of these teams might not be in the exact same division as the section playoffs.

There may be some very interesting hypothetical questions to bat around should CVC survive the rest of the reg. season with a record like 26-0 or 25-1 (Yeah, I know, *big* "if" but it's not *that* far-fetched) and then get the finals or win NCS altogether... Would they get tossed up into the Open despite having very little playoff history?

First, they gotta get there with two games v. LL and two v. Campo and one v. CP... First chapter of this possibly epic story is tonight at home v. LL... I'll be there...

Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
There may be some very interesting hypothetical questions to bat around should CVC survive the rest of the reg. season with a record like 26-0 or 25-1 (Yeah, I know, *big* "if" but it's not *that* far-fetched) and then get the finals or win NCS altogether... Would they get tossed up into the Open despite having very little playoff history?

First, they gotta get there with two games v. LL and two v. Campo and one v. CP... First chapter of this possibly epic story is tonight at home v. LL... I'll be there...

I thought the cif was ranking EVERYONE and not just the open teams, and then placing the teams in the division according to their ranking.

NorCal seeding will be a 1st & very interesting. NCS D1 schools may end up D2-D3 for Norcals. And a school like University wins NCS D5 and become D1 in Norcals. I think Clayton has enough to be an Open team and I have them as D1 favorite in NCS over a Dublin

Friday scores
Clayton Valley Charter 82-Las Lomas 63
College Park 62-Campolindo 55
Acalanes 62-Miramonte 59

League Standings:
Clayton Valley Charter (2-0)
Las Lomas (1-1)
Campolindo (1-1)
College Park (1-1)
Acalanes (1-1)
Miramonte (0-2)

Good win by CP tonight, and a nice effort by Miramonte. From Kiddman’s reporting LL sure made a game of it vs CVC tonight. Maybe LL can get them back in the rematch at home?

Reactions: nostancenochance
Tuesday 1/23 scores
Las Lomas 70-Miramonte 51
College Park 60-Acalanes 54
Campolindo 100-Clayton Valley Charter 98 in 2OT

College Park, Las Lomas, Campolindo, and Clayton Valley Charter all tied for 1st

Tuesday 1/23 scores
Las Lomas 70-Miramonte 51
College Park 60-Acalanes 54
Campolindo 100-Clayton Valley Charter 98 in 2OT

College Park, Las Lomas, Campolindo, and Clayton Valley Charter all tied for 1st

Never a dull night in this league. Campo beat CVC, but loses to CP, who lost to LL, who lost to CVC.

Friday scores
Las Lomas 78-Campolindo 56
Clayton Valley 63-Acalanes 62 in OT
Miramonte at College Park score unavailable

Friday scores
Clayton Valley, Las Lomas, College Park tied for first

Friday scores

You’ve got to hand it to the Dons, who played a whale of a game in taking the formerly undefeated Ugly Eagles into OT for the 2nd time this week. This FAL schedule should help them heading into the D3 playoffs.

If Las Lomas takes some pride in their defense, focuses on the little things, and pays attention to the details, the league title will be theirs! That foundation game was a barn burner earlier in the year vs. Dublin. Even though they are in different divisions so it won't matter, how do all the experts feel these two stack up against each other at this point!? Dublin and Las Lomas.

Well, I'm far from any sort of expert, but I do see a ton of games and have seen both Dublin and LL play more than once (tho I didn't see the Foundation Game).

Anyway, I would say that if LL and Dublin were to play ten games at full health Dublin would win seven or eight... But nearly all would be hard-fought battles that aren't settled until the 4th quarter, even if one of 'em gets hot at the end and wins by double digits.

Back to the DFAL (or whatever they call it this week), I think LL is the best team, even over CVC despite the fact they lost to the Ugly Eagles by 19. I believe LL will likely turn the tables on CVC when they meet next Tuesday at LL. Should be a barnburner...

Hmmm... Just had a thought. If I'd tried to type this post on my phone, it'd probably try to auto-correct "barnburner" to "Bamberger"...

Tuesday scores
Las Lomas 71-Acalanes 51
Campolindo 58-Miramonte 55
Clayton Valley 82-College Park 60

Tuesday scores
Las Lomas 71-Acalanes 51
Campolindo 58-Miramonte 55
Clayton Valley 82-College Park 60
Current Standings
Clayton Valley 4-1 (20-1)
Las Lomas 4-1 (19-2)
Campolindo 3-2 (15-6)
College Park 3-2 (16-4)
Acalanes 1-4 (13-8)
Miramonte 0-5 (9-12)

Friday scores
Campolindo 62-Acalanes 58
Clayton Valley Charter 71-Miramonte 51
Las Lomas 68-College Park 45

Current Standings
Clayton Valley 5-1 (21-1)
Las Lomas 5-1 (20-2)
Campolindo 4-2 (16-6)
College Park 3-3 (16-5)
Acalanes 1-5 (13-9)
Miramonte 0-6 (9-13)

Tuesday scores:
Las Lomas 83-Clayton Valley Charter 75
College Park 64-Campolindo 61
Acalanes 63-Miramonte 58

Friday scores
Las Lomas 80-Miramonte 44
Clayton Valley Charter 84-Campolindo 53
Acalanes 86-College Park 85

Tuesday scores
Las Lomas 79-Campolindo 58
Clayton Valley Charter 86-Acalanes 47
College Park at Miramonte score unavailable

Very good and fun little league that will produce zero NCS champions. They will fall short to teams that pay attention to the details and focus on doing the little things right.

Very good and fun little league that will produce zero NCS champions. They will fall short to teams that pay attention to the details and focus on doing the little things right.
Relax my man...its ok if they don't the fun little league will be fine. I'm sure a lot of those kids will be going to college w/o basketball. NCS won't mean a thing in 4 years...well maybe to _____.

Taking the high road? As in like blaming the refs for a bad early round NCS exit last year and saying the opponent was "gifted" the game and that they didn't "earn it" by beating you? That kind of high road!? ;)

That said, this all just like my opinion man! Nothing personal, just having a little fun! LL is really good and super talented, just don't think they're going to get it done this year! I'm not picking on just you buddy, I feel the same way about CVC. Throw Berkeley into that mix as well, no chance!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT